Zabit's call-out of Chad Mendes

2qb95qf.jpg

I think Zabeast can beat Mendes...

Is he even the same fighter anymore?

I don't know if he's ready for Mendes yet. He won in impressive fashion, but was looking lackluster most of the fight. He might be able to pull it off, but I think he'd get Yair'd if he fought Frankie and isn't ready for Ortega/Holloway winner yet.

You are insane. He looked spectacular most of the fight.

You are insane. He looked spectacular most of the fight.
I just hate rushing these great prospects into shit they're not ready for. As Till found out last night, there's levels to this shit.

We've seen enough derailed hype trains from pushing them too early.

I just hate rushing these great prospects into shit they're not ready for. As Till found out last night, there's levels to this shit.

We've seen enough derailed hype trains from pushing them too early.

As we say in Dutch. ''Wat goed is komt snel''. Literal translation meaning ''What is good, comes quickly'' i.e. if hes good, he is good.

I think Zabit can beat non roided chad. He may not but has the ability. Chad has nothing to gain by this fight. Zabit should fight cub or someone else in 5-10 range first. No need to rush him.

I think Chad beats him pretty easily. Chad's a better wrestler and striker.

I think they're going to try and push Zabit too fast. It's easy to look good when you're fighting lesser comp. Chad is not lesser comp.

Mendes is #5, Zabit is #15 and won over an unranked opponent. So smart, yes, but will he get the fight? Why would Chad take that?a W won’t guarantee him a TS.

Mendes needs to fight Mocaino.

I’m still not totally sold on Zabit, not hating, just being honest.
I think the only reason Chad should take this fight is to get some shine off his hype. He just came back from a long suspension and a lot of people (myself included) forgot about the animal he is. I like and am excited about Zabit but if this happens, it could very well turn out to be like Yair-Edgar. Zabit being a great grappler def puts him in a better position than Yair was while fighting a great wrestler but Chad would be his first top competition so it's still dangerous. I'd still like to see him fight Yair at some point but don't mind if, right now, they go their seperate way, fight the older guard (Mendes, Swanson, etc.) and only meet back when they're in the top 10 (not sure if Yair already is).

Last edited:
Guy has literally beaten nobody of note, and they want to feed him to the Chad already. LMAO

I'd like to see Zabit move up to LW. With another 10lbs of muscle he could put some pop on his shots.
He looks like a wizard when grappling but if guys like Kyle Bosniak and Brandon Davis are walking through your striking like it's just not there...

That must be the reason the Dutch are such a dominant global power.

Lol. In specific martial arts overall, yes. Sadly, in MMA not yet. We have had our good fighters in MMA, but not the GOATS yet. MMA is becoming more and more popular here in the Netherlands (and other countries worldwide) so I expect a new rise of talents in the coming years repping the Netherlands.

Zabit has good grappling. His stand-up is flashy but not nearly as effective as everyone was hoping.

He looks more and more human every fight to me. I dont think they should rush him into elite competition.
I tend to agree, but sometimes a young fighter needs a loss to show them what they need to learn. Some fighters can't deal with a loss or refuse to learn from it. Others become significantly better after a loss.

Plus, if Zabit wins, he's gotta get the winner of Holloway vs Ortega, right? And if Mendes wins, he ends a hype train and can carry that into a #1 contender spot or at least a contender fight.

Back