Zabit's call-out of Chad Mendes

Smart. He can get a title shot if he beats Mendes. I hope Mendes accepts the challenge.

Mendes is #5, Zabit is #15 and won over an unranked opponent. So smart, yes, but will he get the fight? Why would Chad take that?a W won’t guarantee him a TS.

Mendes needs to fight Mocaino.

I’m still not totally sold on Zabit, not hating, just being honest.

Zabit has good grappling. His stand-up is flashy but not nearly as effective as everyone was hoping.

He looks more and more human every fight to me. I dont think they should rush him into elite competition.

I hope Mendes twists him into a pretzel. Boring pillow fisted fighter.

How is he boring??

I agree he seems to have an inhuman lack of power at times, but he makes up for it with an abundance of technique. I haven't seen a boring Zabit fight yet (out of 3).

Chad knocks zabit out. Chad closes distance like Woodley.

He was getting picked apart on the feet once his striking was exposed. Fundamentals won over his flashy shit.

But his grappling is something I'd expect of a Dagestani, so if he gets washed standing, he can for sure rely on that to make the fight more competitive.

That being said, he's literally half a foot taller. He should be fighting the Yair imo. Yair has the jits, height, and standup to pose a fair threat.

Zabit also looks like he tends to be too loose and gassed in the Bochniak fight. He gets baited into exchanges. He'd get iced by the killers of 145.

Zabit may pose some problems with his unique skillset but Mendes likely starches him.

Mendes by body punch stoppage.

Another guy trying to follow the Conor path to success.

Step 1: Make a huge UFC entrance and gain a lot of hype
Step 2: Win another fight and gain huge momentum
Step 3: Knock out Chad Mendes for title shot
Step 4: Win Title Shot

Zabit should fuck up Chad BAD at range.

Last edited:
Another guy trying to follow the Conor path to success.

Step 1: Make a huge UFC entrance and gain a lot of hype
Step 2: When another fight and gain huge momentum
Step 3: Knock out Chad Mendes for title shot
Step 4: Win Title Shot

Zabit should fuck up Chad BAD at range.
Chad is really good at getting inside with his Tyson-esque feints.

solid call out. it will establish his place in the pecking order.

I don't know if he's ready for Mendes yet. He won in impressive fashion, but was looking lackluster most of the fight. He might be able to pull it off, but I think he'd get Yair'd if he fought Frankie and isn't ready for Ortega/Holloway winner yet.

Lol the UFC brass never learn. Zabit has fought two cans. Give him a Top 10 guy before giving him one of the Top 5 FWs in the division who looked stunning in his last fight. It only takes one loss for the hype train to be derailed.

I hope Mendes twists him into a pretzel. Boring pillow fisted fighter.

We are talking about the same fighter that pretty much just took the 1st round off and came out and tapped out his opponent like nothing, right?

I would like to see him fight Cub. Cub is coming off losses but is still ranked higher and is a staple of the division and true test before leaping to Mendes. And most importantly it is a fantastic style clash.

Back