Should fans be giving Zabit advice?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
D0ceLJfUwAAAzEP.jpg

Honest Zabe Keepin' It Real: Kicks Burn More Energy

“I wouldn’t say that I’ve got the best endurance. [But] I have no problems going five rounds during training. Sometimes my weight cut doesn’t go as planned. I can get sick. I use up a lot of energy. When you kick it takes a lot of you. If it’s just boxing, I can easily go five rounds. When you do the same thing all the time, it doesn’t take much energy.

“At first it was annoying [when fans told me to work on my cardio]. Now, I don’t pay attention to it. Every other person I meet wants to talk about endurance. Everything’s okay, but it definitely gets tiring. It must be contagious, every other person tells you the same thing. I have trainers, after all, they probably know what I’m missing. I know myself.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/zabit-magomedsharipov-on-cardio-concerns-i-wouldnt-say-that-ive-got-the-best-endurance/

His style is to win the first two rounds in the flashiest way possible and then get marched down the entirety of the third while constantly looking at the clock

“At first it was annoying [when fans told me to work on my cardio]. Now, I don’t pay attention to it. Every other person I meet wants to talk about endurance. Everything’s okay, but it definitely gets tiring. It must be contagious, every other person tells you the same thing. I have trainers, after all, they probably know what I’m missing. I know myself.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/zabit-magomedsharipov-on-cardio-concerns-i-wouldnt-say-that-ive-got-the-best-endurance/

So he gasses out talking about his cardio.

Well it has worked for now in 3 round fights. He’s largely dominant through 2 and then sacrifices the 3rd. But that’s not going to translate in a 5 rounder and that’s why people want to see him take one. Can he adjust to the change or is he only viable in 3 rounders?

<DontBelieve1>

Stop weight cheating and you'll have more energy

practice kicking in volume in training then

unless its just an excuse

His style is to gas out midway through the second round?

It's so crazy it just might work!!

Fans shouldn't need to give him advice, his coaches should note his shortcomings and work to fix them.

That said, his record is solid so far, so he must be doing something right.

Zabit is okay but he's no Sherbro.

He's lucky one of us doesn't jump in there.

I do agree his cardio issues are overblown, but they are a real thing.

He's saying "oh if I don't kick as much I can go five". But is he going to land as much offense and win as much early rounds if he doesn't kick as much? his kicking game is a big part of his style.

D0ceLJfUwAAAzEP.jpg

“I wouldn’t say that I’ve got the best endurance. [But] I have no problems going five rounds during training. Sometimes my weight cut doesn’t go as planned. I can get sick. I use up a lot of energy. When you kick it takes a lot of you. If it’s just boxing, I can easily go five rounds. When you do the same thing all the time, it doesn’t take much energy.

I mean, if every other person comes up to you about seeing the same issue - maybe you should address it.

Yeah sure kicking is exausting thats clearly why even K1 had 5 rounders...
Seriously some should better stay silent instead of exposing bs like that.
Condition yourself for 5 rounds or go taekwondo if kicking is too much for your soft lets say cardio

Fans shouldn't need to give him advice, his coaches should note his shortcomings and work to fix them.

That said, his record is solid so far, so he must be doing something right.

I tried but wasn't able to spot one top 10 fighter in his resume. Not so solid imo just hype job some russian sherbros are doing here

It's fine if he won't get accustomed to a potential 5 round fight. It simply means he'll float around the top 10 without ever even sniffing a potential TS.

Prove it by taking a main event against Ortega. Then I'll believe you

Back