Zabit Samedov Headlines SUPERKOMBAT HEROES in Vienna,

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
FULL CARD

Heavyweight: Agalar Sadikhzade (Azerbaijan) vs. Muamer Tufekcic (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Heavyweight: Zabit Samedov (Azerbaijan) vs. Wieslaw Kwasniewski (Poland)
72kg: Ramal Aslanov (Azerbaijan) vs. Cristian Milea (Romania)

81kg: Kamil Sharifov (Azerbaijan) vs. Niels Wilmnik (Netherlands)
72.5kg: Parviz Abdullayev (Azerbaijan) vs. Gabriel Bozan (Romania)
72.5kg: Alim Nabiyev (Azerbaijan) vs. Adem Bozkurt (Turkey)
95kg: Zamiq Atakishiyev (Azerbaijan) vs. Sam Tevette (Netherlands)
91kg: Anar Mammadov (Azerbaijan) vs. Janosch Nietlishpach (Switzerland)
72.5kg: Ismat Agazade (Azerbaijan) vs. Husnu Sari (Turkey)
91kg: Vuqar Kazimov (Azerbaijan) vs. Mirko Kulacsik (Hungary)
86kg: Etiram Rzayev (Azerbaijan) vs. Uros Bogoyevic (Serbia)

FULL ARTICLE ON FSA - FightSport Asia

Last edited:
Swiss kickboxer Janosch Nietlishpach is one of the Superkombat Tryouts in Germany winners. Eurosport will air on delay.

Last edited:
Fadi Merza pulled out.

First Eurovision, now this.

Don"t confuse it. Superkombat is holding 2 different events, one in Austria in New Heroes circuit and the other one is World Grand Prix. Scheduled in the same evening with the Eurovision.

Last edited:
I thought Fadi started representing Syria instead of Austria

Agalar Sadikhzade is the "new hero". He lost split decision but got a chance in the Superkombat World Grand Prix circuit.

Main event:

Fight of the Evening:

Am I the only one who thinks Samedov's match was, at least, a bit "suspicious"?
Don't get me wrong, Samedov is a good fighter, but he never wins that quickly and that victory was not very "clear". The last time he got such a quick match with a super quick knock out was, again, in an Azerbaijan vs Europe (or vs world?) competition.
So I really started to wonder...

I didn't see such a great impact of Samedov's kick on Kwasniewski's head (but I may be wrong), but Kwasniewski wasn't even counted. He stood up within seconds, but the referee stopped the match, he didn't complain and he was perfectly able to walk and didn't seem to be hurt at all (if you compare with Drago' koed by Bessmertny you can easily understand what I mean).
Receiving a kick on the head is not like getting a punch in the liver (terrible, but after a few seconds you are able to breath again), it gets you confused and you can have serious concussions.

That was not a clean K.O. in my humble opninion. Maybe Samedov would have knocked Kwasniewski out anyway, but not that quick and not that "spectacularly".

Let me be suspicious about it

the reason he got the quick ko was because the guy was not anywhere near his level. THe kick did land and and the guy had no intention of standing before the counts end that is why it was called by the ref. Make no mistake Samedov is a world class kicker and if he kicks you in the head you are going to go down unless you are one of the very best in the world

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks Samedov's match was, at least, a bit "suspicious"?

Yeah, thought so too. It looked like he blocked completly with his glove and that his head did not move much. But I dont think anybody would need him to go down easy because of giving Samedov a good result, I think everybody expected him to win by KO in a real fight. Maybe the other guy pulled a "Sapp" instead of getting KO:ed badly. But I dont know.

-64 kg: Turan Qafarov (Azerbaijan) def. Alexander Ramazotti (Italy) via Unanimous Decision
-91 kg: Vuqar Kazimov (Azerbaijan) def. Andreas Chomor (Hungary) via Unanimous Decision
-91 kg: Janos Nietlispach (Switzerland) def. Anar Mammadov (Azerbaijan) via Split Decision
-86 kg: Uros Bogojevic (Serbia) def. Etiram Rzayev (Azerbaijan) via Unanimous Decision
-75 kg: Husnu Sari (Turkey) def. Tural Bayramov (Azerbaijan) via TKO Round 3
-72 kg: Ramal Aslanov (Azerbaijan) def. Cristian Milea (Romania) via Split Decision
Heavyweight: Zabit Samedov (Azerbaijan) def. Wieslaw Kwasniewski (Poland) via KO Round 1
-72,5 kg: Parviz Abdullayev (Azerbaijan) def. Gabriel Bozan (Austria / Romania) via Unanimous Decision
-81 kg: Niels Wilmink (Holland) def. Kamil Sharifov (Azerbaijan) via Unanimous Decision
Heavyweight: Sam Tevette (Holland) def. Zamiq Atakishiyev (Azerbaijan) via Unanimous Decision
-72,5 kg: Alim Nabiyev (Azerbaijan) def. Adem Bozkurt (Turkey) via KO Round 1
Heavyweight: Muamer Tufekcic (Bosnia) def. Agalar Sadikhadze (Azerbaijan) via Unanimous Decision

Yeah, thought so too. It looked like he blocked completly with his glove and that his head did not move much. But I dont think anybody would need him to go down easy because of giving Samedov a good result, I think everybody expected him to win by KO in a real fight. Maybe the other guy pulled a "Sapp" instead of getting KO:ed badly. But I dont know.

Exactly!
Samedov's kick impacted on Kwasniewski's glove. What really made me wonder was that the Polish guy wasn't even counted, even if he stood up after a few seconds.
Furthermore, Samedov always gets this "very quick" victories in these competitions (Azerbaijan vs. Europe/world), as it happened last year, which really makes me suspicious.

I think Samedov would have won anyway bu K.O., but not so quickly and I think that maybe it was "pushed" so that he did not receive any damage from the fight, as he's having a match against Badr Hari in two weeks.

He is fighting Hari in two weeks? Yes, seems like a unnecessary fight with a nobody should be canceled for that. And no reason to take damage, maybe this was a compromise...

Also explains why Samedov threw four or five headkicks in the first minute, and even three in a row. And why the other guy was hit by the last one.

Back