Zabit Magomedsharipov hype is laughable

If you dont find him any good you probaly dont know alot about fighting . Look At the mans skills , Impressive stuff !

He has great grappling and striking and wins fights. Hes a new fighter. He isnt supposed to have a lot of big name fights yet. Tf is your problem?

Edit: oh just saw your name. I get it now.
Hahaha, love the edit. The Conor insecurity is real before the Kabib fight!

It really is. On the same night he snuck past Bochnivich, Moicano dominated a much better fighter in Kattar and all the dumb ass mma media & fans alike were talking nothing but Zabit.

Shit thread by shit poster. I hope you and Prologic injure each other scissoring.

Only one of his opponents have wikipedia page (Kyle Bochniak). Also all of his finishes against low tier opponents in UFC has happened in later rounds. Hes not even dominant against low tier guys.
That's because people who actually watch fights, and not just worship their boyfriends (Conor) can recognize skills. Zabit has them. Whether or not he becomes champion, he's bound to be a high level fighter for a very long time.

He trains with Frankie, Eddie, Edson, Moraes, and those Mark Henry guys. I think he'll develop to be a fighter like in their caliber. Iron sharpens iron

I guess when he starts beating top guys youll start to see what everyone else already does

Only one of his opponents have wikipedia page (Kyle Bochniak). Also all of his finishes against low tier opponents in UFC has happened in later rounds. Hes not even dominant against low tier guys.
I agree he is cool but definitely needs to show more before I think he's amazing like everyone else he looks like a nazi prisoner

He's a decent fighter. He is tall, decent striking albeit wild and he can wrestle. I believe his reach lets him get away with not being so technical. Over hyped would be O'Malley

We like flashy.

Put 2 of them against each other and you could get a crazy video-game fight.

Pretty sure new guys are suppose to start at the bottom and work thier way up, not start at the top and dominate. Zabit is like sugar sean, or gaethje, exciting to watch. He's more well rounded than either. He will be in top 10 solid soon. He keeps winning so why complain. I like watching him fight.

TS is on sherdog talking about looking for fighters on Wikipedia...

It’s called hype for a reason. He looked very impressive, but still has much more to prove. As a promoter I definitely wouldn’t throw him to the wolves just yet.

Well TS, he is kind of life Israel such that he can blend multiple styles together really well to constantly surprise his opponents. He's much like Israel, but Israel is a better striker where Zabit is a much better grappler.

I think he still hasn't matured his fighting style yet as he doesn't always assess distance correctly when throwing his strikes, such that to evade the risk of getting countered and gassing out, he throws a high volume of uncommited strikes to wear down his opponents.

I think we will only see him improve gradually in each fight within the next two years, where he will manage distance more effectively, throw more commited punches and start earning TKO finishes in the UFC, where within two years he should be ready to fight the top 5 at FW besides his training partner Frankie.

I feel like this was way worse than the Conor hype, who was justified given his accomplishments in a short period of time (dominated almost every fight he was in except duffy). Zabit is a great fighter, but I don't know why he is given such high favoritism and all. His best win was Kyle Bochniak, everyone else he fought doesn't even have a wiki page and most have losing records.

I know this is a bad fallacy that a lot of people fall into, obviously newcomers will not have big name and I am not using that to discredit him, but I am saying it is odd how much hype there is over him. It's not like Lando Vannata, who almost dominated the #3 ranked guy (tony ferg) on short notice, obviously that ship has sailed though.

Sorry to sound negative, I know we have enough of that in this world.

Back