*Zabit is overrated?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
I believe he is . I mean, his last fight against Jeremy Stephens was a close, non impressive, decision. Same with Kyle Bochniak.

So, is he really that good? I've even heard his better than Khabib and a beast during training, but haven't seen much of it in his fights. And he's a tall 145er with a big range advantage.

Calvin Kattar with the upset is a real possibility. Although i believe fighting in Russia would help Zabit if the fight is somehow close.

He's the favorite for a reason. Hopefully he's A-level enough to compete during rammmadan though like tons of other Muslim athletes do every year with no problem. Otherwise another belt will be tied up.

I was thinking the same thing earlier today, I think Yair beats him fairly easy

B.. bu.. but he does spinning shit and jumps off of the cage !!

The shit rarely lands, but look at how cool he looks when he misses !!

Kattar might just get destroyed by leg kicks again

He will demolish Kattar and you guys will be back to saying he'll lose his next fight. The only real weakness he's shows so far is suspect gas tank. He might be too big for FW. If he proves his gas tank is good for 5 rounds, he will be champ.

Certainly over rated, people talking about him being future champion because he beat who? Brandon Davis? One of the worst fighters in the UFC and about to be cut, Bochniak the same, Santiago the same again, Shamone Moreas already been cut. Went 3 rounds and lost the third to Jeremy 'The most loses in UFC history' Stephens, big deal.

Not saying Kattar beats him, just saying he is over rated.

Beating Stephens is a nice benchmark for fight IQ, as he's probably the heaviest hitter in the division, but it doesn't speak much to overall skill level. Kattar has some incredible boxing. Im leaning towards zabit, but this still really say a lot about his level.

Sherdog - a place where retards complain about a fighter being exciting.

Zabit is rated highly not because of his showmanship, which he certainly does not lack, but because of his amazing footwork, very technical striking, masterful use of his reach, great wrestling and due to the fact that he's a GSP-esque well rounded MMA fighter.

If he fights at 155 and does well then I would be impressed.

Him beating up smaller guys at 145 not so much.

Tremendous skill, no power, weak cardio

I just don't see a dominant champ here.

He's pretty fucking good, but at 6ft. Fighting at 145lbs yeah.. He tends to slow down, but Bochniak and Stephens are no bums either. Both have shown to be in there until you take them the fuck out, and zabit had spent his tank winning the rounds which allowed Jeremy and Kyle to come on strong late in their bouts.

His striking may be over-rated. So far in the UFC his striking has been a letdown somewhat. I don't really believe his striking is poor though. But anyways even with the flashy striking not leading to knockouts or TKO's...it sure does enough to open up his grappling and subs. His grappling is under-rated. I didn't think his fight against Stephens was that close either. Stephens went for the kill in round 3 but Zabit survived it. Stephens is under-rated a bit as well.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 1.58.21 AM.png
It may very well be the huge step up in competition but he had some issues in the pocket with Stephens. And he has not shown power since making the jump to the UFC. Maybe he will in the future?
giphy.gif

Stephens tagged him a few times and Zabit ate the shots well. So we know he has a chin. That's a positive.
giphy.gif

He's good asf. His cardio is the only thing that makes me question whether or not he is championship material. Probably because his size and cut to 145.

He's good. He just fights at a frantic pace instead of having a gameplan. He can do a little bit of everything. I am more excited watching him fight than Islam

He's the favorite for a reason. Hopefully he's A-level enough to compete during rammmadan though like tons of other Muslim athletes do every year with no problem. Otherwise another belt will be tied up.

Why would another belt be tied up?

Back