Zabeast is the clear no. 1 contender right?

The fuk Ortega the guy gets pounded into burger so he takes 2 years off?? Think he fired some from his camp as well but still This hiatus is ridiculous the kid is soft I'm telling you dudes

Zabit is good, very good but lacks cardio which is the most important and significant virtue/qualitty in MMA or any full contact fighting sport.
So i don't see him beating Ortega, KZ, Holloway or the Champion.
Zabit may be technicaly in stand up, wrestling or ground game better than any of the above but his lack of cardio will cost him Gold!

lol cardio issue, wtf. So fighters with cardio issues can't get TS now ?

Needs to prove himself in a 5 round main event instead of pushing for 3 rounders.

Zabit is heavily overrated here.

ortega beats him easily, still wish we get to see KZ vs Ortega sometime soon.
While I think he is overrated, I see no way for Ortega to win this fight unless his striking has improved drastically.
No way Ortega can take down and submit Zabit and I do not see him outstriking him at all.

While I think he is overrated, I see no way for Ortega to win this fight unless his striking has improved drastically.
No way Ortega can take down and submit Zabit and I do not see him outstriking him at all.
Zabit would gas after the first round and a half and would be easy work for Ortega to finish.

Ortega is proven against much better competition, has a better chin, cardio, and striking.

he is just better than zabit everywhere. I hope zabit signs that contract so he we get to see this. Only thing worrying is now Ortega will be facing pretty bad ring rust being out over a year.
crapola. zabit has far superior striking.

The only other fighter that I can see that's deserving a shot at the title too is Yair, however, he lost not to long ago and they both have recent wins in the top 10, sharing one of those wins in Stephens.

While a win over no.4 KZ is better than no.10 Kattar, Yair is technically only a 2 fight win streak, while Zabit is 18-1.

There should be an eliminator between the two if the UFC brass doesn't think either is deserving over the other. Hopefully Yair doesn't run from him this time.

I'd also like to say that FW is unbelievably stacked, might be my favorite division, so many contenders.

I just dont see how a win vs stephens and cattar can make you a top 5. Almost everyone has a win vs stephens and if you can kickbox you can beat cattar.

Zabit would gas after the first round and a half and would be easy work for Ortega to finish.
I just don't see it. Ortega's striking is very mediocre and his takedowns are garbage.

It looks like they are going to do the rematch with Holloway first, which (for once) makes sense considering that the first fight was close and how dominant a champ Max was.

Zabit is up there but I think he needs one more win.

I mean, he beat Aldo, Ortega and Frankie as champ. And he lost to Poirier in between Ortega and Frankie. I'm not sure that qualifies as "dominant"

3 Round Zabit is a fringe top 10, 5 round Zabit would be a contender, sad but truthful... his teams clearly playing games of phuckery to hide his suspect cardio, but without main eventing a card he’s not getting to the big dance. I like his as a fighter though, extremely talented and absolutely has the tools to compete with the elite @145, for 3 rounds
<36>
<Fedor23>

Volk vs Holloway

Korean Zombie vs Zabit

Ortega vs Yair

I don't think either Zabit or Yair have much of a claim without a title eliminator. I'd prefer these match-ups then putting Yair and Zabit against each other, but ultimately any combination of those 4 guys should work right now.

I mean, he beat Aldo, Ortega and Frankie as champ. And he lost to Poirier in between Ortega and Frankie. I'm not sure that qualifies as "dominant"

About as dominant as one can be in modern MMA imho. The Poirier fight was arguably a draw and in a different WC so I wouldn't say it erases everything he has done at FW. You also need to look at how one-sided the fights you mentioned (Aldo x 2, Ortega, Edgar) were.

The only other fighter that I can see that's deserving a shot at the title too is Yair, however, he lost not to long ago and they both have recent wins in the top 10, sharing one of those wins in Stephens.

While a win over no.4 KZ is better than no.10 Kattar, Yair is technically only a 2 fight win streak, while Zabit is 18-1.

There should be an eliminator between the two if the UFC brass doesn't think either is deserving over the other. Hopefully Yair doesn't run from him this time.

I'd also like to say that FW is unbelievably stacked, might be my favorite division, so many contenders.

He needs to fight another top 10 guy tbh.

How many people has zabit fought that are in the top ten?

Korean Zombie is much more deserving of a title shot.

Zabit is overrated and under active. Too pillow fisted to get the finish on the best in the division before his McGregor-like gas tank is empty.

Last edited:
Back