Zab vs Shane

The fight is a month away? He's going to have two good hands come fight time. What he won't have, is top notch prep.

If Mike's pantomime was correct, right-hand. Good news is he's very left-hand dependent in his Fighting anyway, bad news is that being said, he'd NEED both to beat Shane.

even with two hands it was a tall tall order.

is he with Sr still?

seems like all of Sr's guys are fighting at the sametime. or least supposed too.

guzman+judah?+odlh

Even if his hand wasn't injured, Zab can't take Shane , not even a past-his-prime Shane.

It comes down to Heart.
Shane Mosely has the Heart and will of a Champion.

The other guy is a great frontrunner who gets frustrated and goes to pieces down the stretch...

Shane's shown a granite chin, so Zab's not taking him out early, and Zab's no good down the stretch. Zab'll fight very well for about 4 or 5 rds against Shane, then Shane will take control and start taking him apart, and Zab will then begin fighting a survival-minded fight, basically packing it in, psychologically accepting defeat by about rd 7. Then Zab'll be just going through the motions. He'll probably see the final bell though on a lob-sided decision.

Zab has all the physical tools and the talent, speed, power, but he lacks the psychological grit and toughness that champions like Mosely possess.

Zab was still good enough to be ranked about #5 out of a talent pool of thousands of guys though.

The fight is a month away? He's going to have two good hands come fight time. What he won't have, is top notch prep.

I didn't see the cuts, but there was a lot of blood and the word "stitches" were mentioned. Should be healed up, yes, but I wouldn't go as far as to say "good" hand. Especially when dealing with a Fighter whose mind is questionable.

Even if his hand wasn't injured, Zab can't take Shane , not even a past-his-prime Shane.

It comes down to Heart.
Shane Mosely has the Heart and will of a Champion.

The other guy is a great frontrunner who gets frustrated and goes to pieces down the stretch...

Shane's shown a granite chin, so Zab's not taking him out early, and Zab's no good down the stretch. Zab'll fight very well for about 4 or 5 rds against Shane, then Shane will take control and start taking him apart, and Zab will then begin fighting a survival-minded fight, basically packing it in, psychologically accepting defeat by about rd 7. Then Zab'll be just going through the motions. He'll probably see the final bell though on a lob-sided decision.

Zab has all the physical tools and the talent, speed, power, but he lacks the psychological grit and toughness that champions like Mosely possess.

Zab was still good enough to be ranked about #5 out of a talent pool of thousands of guys though.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure you're right. I've always wondered, does he hear talk about how weak he is mentally? I'm sure it's been touched on by every boxing writer in the US. Is it really something outside of his control, endurance, or just weak willpower?

Wow, I'm probably one of the bigger Zab fans on this board and I really don't see him winning this one. I'm surprised so many think he'll take this.

Mosley has never been stopped and this is one fight where Zab won't even have hisusual speed advantage;

Will be a good figfht I think but...

Mosley by late TKO or decision.

Do you still believe this or do you think Zab might have been able to pull it off. I ask cause im the other thread you said Shane had problems with different style other than Mexican and Zab was way different than the Mexicans Shane trained with.

I really wish Zab didn't get hurt. It would have be a great fight. I think Zab would have pulled it off. I think it would have look like Zab vs Danny but Zab being young and not as fun shy and let them power shots go on Shane.

Do you still believe this or do you think Zab might have been able to pull it off. I ask cause im the other thread you said Shane had problems with different style other than Mexican and Zab was way different than the Mexicans Shane trained with.

I really wish Zab didn't get hurt. It would have be a great fight. I think Zab would have pulled it off. I think it would have look like Zab vs Danny but Zab being young and not as fun shy and let them power shots go on Shane.
Shane would have broken him down.

Shane would have broken him down.

I don't see it. Zab moved well and Shane chased. I don't see him trapping Zab on the ropes on in the corner. Shane threw WIDE hooks and Zab would have caught him with the left coming in and backed out. Shane would have look silly

Shane would have knocked midget arms silly

I don't see it. Zab moved well and Shane chased. I don't see him trapping Zab on the ropes on in the corner. Shane threw WIDE hooks and Zab would have caught him with the left coming in and backed out. Shane would have look silly
Zab couldn't go all 12.

Back