Yves Edwards vs Isaac Vallie Flagg at Ufc 156

Not bad. Should be a good fight.

I'm surprised that the UFC has waited this long to book 156. I thought they were keeping the card smaller because the top billed fights all have very highly paid fighters.

Great KO by Yves against Jeramy Stephens. Not that I'd bet on it to happen, but to see Yves make a title run nearly 10 years after he was considered the uncrowned LW champion would be incredible to see.

Not bad. Should be a good fight.

I'm surprised that the UFC has waited this long to book 156. I thought they were keeping the card smaller because the top billed fights all have very highly paid fighters.

the fight could of already been booked, just not announced. Card should be close to done as it's got ten fights now.

UFC 156: Aldo vs. Edgar

Date: February 2, 2013

Venue: Mandalay Bay Events Center

Broadcast: Pay-per-view, FX and Facebook

Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar - for featherweight title
Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Silva
Jon Fitch vs. Demian Maia
Evan Dunham vs. Gleison Tibau
Bobby Green vs. Jacob Volkmann
Edwin Figueroa vs. Francisco Rivera
Joseph Benavidez vs. Ian McCall
Jay Hieron vs. Tyron Woodley
Yves Edwards vs Isaac Vallie-Flagg

What a fucking card. Literally every fight is interesting.

Sweet card indeed. Edwards sure fights often lately!

Ian McCall's fight should also be good.

the fight could of already been booked, just not announced. Card should be close to done as it's got ten fights now.

tbh I'm more interested in the main event and prelims than Rashad and Alistair's fights. I think it isn't too hard to pick those fights but I think we could see a ton of wars, apart from maybe Volkmann's fight in the prelims, along with Evan Dunham in the main card opener.

McCall vs Joey B has got to be easy choice for FotN though Aldo-Edgar could take it. They're gonna show off their division in the prelims!

This is an awesome card. When Yves wins it is usually in the top 2 moments of the event for me.

Holy shit yeah! I never really looked at the line-up - that's incredible. I completely agree that every fight is really interesting

Isaac is a cool guy out of Jackson's. Trained with him when I was there. Glad to see he's made it to the big show.

Goin for Yves, considering 2 things:

1. Vallie-Flagg is a Jackson's fighter. Don't care what anyone says I almost always root against the Jackson fighter besides sometimes in guys like Diego Sanchez, Cowboy Cerrone, and Brian Stann who aren't too influenced by Jackson's evil gameplans which ruins fighters' reputations like Condit's and Guida's was. Thank God. Hopefully not the same for Vallie-Flagg I'm not sure.

2. He lost to Rudy Bears via RNC in his last loss. COMON. I know it was awhile ago but seriously, Rudy Bears?

Goin for Yves, considering 2 things:

1. Vallie-Flagg is a Jackson's fighter. Don't care what anyone says I almost always root against the Jackson fighter besides sometimes in guys like Diego Sanchez, Cowboy Cerrone, and Brian Stann who aren't too influenced by Jackson's evil gameplans which ruins fighters' reputations like Condit's and Guida's was. Thank God. Hopefully not the same for Vallie-Flagg I'm not sure.

2. He lost to Rudy Bears via RNC in his last loss. COMON. I know it was awhile ago but seriously, Rudy Bears?

you lost literally every once of credibility when you brought up the brain dead view that Jackson has evil gameplans and ruins fighters.

Sorry but winning a fight does not ruin your reputation besides amongst brain dead just bleed fans.

you lost literally every once of credibility when you brought up the brain dead view that Jackson has evil gameplans and ruins fighters.

Sorry but winning a fight does not ruin your reputation besides amongst brain dead just bleed fans.

Well first off, I was joking with the "evil gameplans" in case you didn't notice...but I also hate when anyone has any criticism of some of Jackson's gameplans and some of his fighters' fights and how they pan out...the people defending them assume those people are "just bleed fans". That's bullshit. I do not expect a brawl every fight. But there IS a difference between true fighting and fighting just to win. Hell I even watch even when I'm POSITIVE the fight is gonna suck. I mean yea you can say, "well they are just trying to win while taking the least amount of damage possible" which is fair but it goes too far when fans OF THE FIGHTER TURN ON THE FIGHTER (i.e. everyone rooting for Clay Guida in his last fight and then almost the entire live crowd at least turning on him.)

This sport exists because of the fans. No matter if they are ignorant assholes or "well educated" fans, there is no point in fighting if fans are not interested because then it wouldn't exist in the first place.

Again - obvious - not every fight has to be a brawl. Hell almost all of the time there is no Joe Lauzon or Leonard Garcia or Korean Zombie type fight on every card

Back