Yusuf Raisov going for the sad Pablo Escobar look

Lol that’s a great shot. Peering into the uncertain future. What’s the hold up on signing with Bellator? Wasn’t Josh Thomson creaming his pants about the guy recently?

Lol that’s a great shot. Peering into the uncertain future. What’s the hold up on signing with Bellator? Wasn’t Josh Thomson creaming his pants about the guy recently?

I think Josh is still recovering from that stroke he had talking to Gable Stephenson

MMA is a cruel world. At least he's only 26. Still enough time to become UFC champ.

His best shoot is probably Contender Series tbh

Plenty of superb Russians stuck in vacancy hell. Duraev, Raisov, Tumanov, Vartanyan, etc.

To be honest it's the visa issues most of the time

I've seen that Russian journalist Igor Lazorin wrote that Raisov is fighting Vartanyan in early December. Pro boxing bout, 8 rounds.

He doesn't have American visa. I wouldn't sign him too if I were Bellator, no need to repeat mistakes of UFC, where now is like what, 1/3 of Russians on the roster can fight only in UAE because they don't have American visas? Bellator already has Khabilov at least as a Russian guy without visa.

His best shoot is probably Contender Series tbh

Plenty of superb Russians stuck in vacancy hell. Duraev, Raisov, Tumanov, Vartanyan, etc.
From fresh interview -- he was offered to fight at DWTNCS but since he doesn't have visa he declined. Doesn't plan to follow Duraev's way -- spend years without fight to get in DWTNCS/UFC. Doesn't even look at signing with Bellator -- only UFC. Plans to take fights in Russia (like one fight, no multifight contracts) while waiting visa problems to solve.

Yusuf is a good prospect but I'm not really that high on him. But he's still only 26, plenty of time to improve.

Yusuf is a good prospect but I'm not really that high on him

I think his last ACA fight showed that his big problem is that his striking and wrestling is completely divorced from one-another.

From fresh interview -- he was offered to fight at DWTNCS but since he doesn't have visa he declined. Doesn't plan to follow Duraev's way -- spend years without fight to get in DWTNCS/UFC. Doesn't even look at signing with Bellator -- only UFC. Plans to take fights in Russia (like one fight, no multifight contracts) while waiting visa problems to solve.
We shall see how long that visa thing will take. It can be months or never. He's 26 so he has youth on his side so he can wait I suppose, but how long? A year, two years? I doubt the UFC goes back to having international shows (besides the twice a year Abu Dhabi one) even next year.

Back