Yuriorkis Gamboa vs Juan Lopez

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by kingobould***, Jul 10, 2010.

1. kingobould***

kingobould*** Purple Belt

Who you got?

Im taking Gamboa.

2. prod2821

prod2821 Gold Belt

Let's talk Rafael Marquez before Gamboa

3. heavyarms21

heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

I think Lopez can beat Marquez, now Lopez vs Gamboa, that fight will not last verly at all both have dynamte in there hands , but I'd say that Lopez is the harder puncher, but Gamboa is much faster, Lopez has a better Chin than Gamboa but that's not saying much, who ever lands the hard shots early wins that one.

4. Lazy Man

Lazy Man Heavyweight Champion of the World

Don't forget Caballero ;)

Gamboa vs JuanMa is a good fight, though.

5. mschatz

mschatz Hamma: I has it

I don't know why people say Gamboa has a weak chin. He's been knocked down, but I haven't seen him hurt yet. Most of the knock downs have been of the flash variety, and even the legit ones didn't have him hanging on like Lopez against Mtagwa.

6. McDuck**

McDuck** Purple Belt

Just because how flawed both of these fighter are, I like it. But if Gamboa is able to fight disciplined enough, he beats JuanMa.

Don't even speak of JuanMa against Caballero. Cabby would be the puerto rican out of him.

7. TheRatman

TheRatman Brown Belt

Yes I want this fight. I have been more impressed when I watch JML then with gamboa. Both fighter have holes in their game but I think with JML height and power that he beats Gamboa.

8. heavyarms21

heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

So how long are the top guys in the division going to keep ducking Caballero I understand that Lopez and Gamboa are on a collision course, well as long as Lopez gets past Marquez and that in not a given. Will Caballero get the loser of that fight, its like Caballero's dominant performance against Yordan was counter productive for him

9. MMAmouse

MMAmouse Brown Belt

Neither Vasquez, Marquez, Gamboa, or Juanma have mentioned Caballero's name.

Pretty sad.

10. TheRatman

TheRatman Brown Belt

Has Cab tought about moving up. He might have a better chance at getting a fight with a named opponent.

11. mschatz

He just moved up in weight to chase Lopez, Gamboa and the rest of the guys who want nothing to do with him.

12. TheRatman

TheRatman Brown Belt

I know but with his height he looks as if 135 might be the place to be for him, cause i don't think 126 guys will fight him. He reminds of Paul Williams, when he was fighting at 147 a few yrs ago. He had to move up to 160 before he started getting the bigger fights and now he still having trouble finding fights at 147.

13. mschatz

He's tall and rangy enough to maybe have some success with moving up again, but 4-5 pounds means a lot more at the lower weight classes than the higher ones.

I'm not sure that Williams is the best example, because for all of Williams talk about getting ducked, he got some big fights at 147. Most of the supposed "ducking" came after he had already moved up to fight at 154-160. In my opinion, Caballero has taken over as the most avoided fighter in boxing.

14. TheRatman

TheRatman Brown Belt

I agree that Cab seems to be the most avoid guy right now but I swear when Williams was at 147 a few yr ago his biggest fight was against marito. He wanted Floyd,Cotto,Oscar,Shane and none of them wanted to fight him, and now Floyd and Pac don't want him. Although I am not sure about Pac but I know Williams is calling him out and I haven't heard anything from Pac camp about it, so I don't want to rush to judge.

15. chino0503

chino0503 Black Belt

and cab isnt getting any younger... its a shame. i think one of these guys are gonna eventually fight him... but they might mayweather his ass and wait til he's old.

16. mschatz

His fight with Margarito was a big deal, and then he promptly lost to Quintana, a guy who had been massacred by Cotto. Honestly, Williams was just another very talented fighter in a division with lots of them. Now he's calling guys out at 147 while campaigning at 154 and 160. He says he can make welter still, and maybe he can, but he's not getting a top welter in the ring with him without actually coming back to the division.

At 160 pounds, he's not getting ducked by fighters at WW, he's just a non-entity.

17. TheRatman

TheRatman Brown Belt

Who would fight him if he came back to WW, if top guys won't fight him then who will. Berto or Clottey maybe but I can't think of anyone else.

18. kingobould***

kingobould*** Purple Belt

I hope you get banned one day, every post you have is a slight against floyd. You can read cant you? This thread isnt about Floyd or Pac. Get off the mans nuts already shit

19. rsreed13

rsreed13 Yellow Belt

I'd pick Gamboa over Juanma. But both fighters have flaws the other can take advantage of. It depends on who comes in more disciplined and more evolved from their previous fight. That said, I think Marquez beats JML later this year. I'd probably pick the vet over Gamboa too.

20. mschatz

Whats wrong with Berto or Clottey? What, he's just supposed to announce he's back to 147 and the very top guys should jump in line to fight him? No way. He would not be ranked as a WW until 1-2 fights back in the division, and then he can start pushing for a fight against a champion.

Thats what he was doing in his first stint at 147 before getting derailed against Quintana.