YT Video 2019: Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Reflects on Title Fights with Lyoto Machida

xn7

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Good times. War Shogun.

Lyoto won the first fight.

Let it go
Mauricio

I wish Shogun could go to Bellator and drop some of that fat so he can fight Cheeda in a rubber match

Since the guillotine defeat to Chael, it's really despressing to watch Rua fight. Every time it's like there's something really bad that might happen.

I wish Shogun could go to Bellator and drop some of that fat so he can fight Cheeda in a rubber match
Wouldn't mind that trilogy.

I rewatched the 1st fight a few months back and had it 3-2 shogun.

Beautiful, thank you TS!
I felt terrible for Shogun after the first Machida fight, he had gone through a rough patch but came back in top form, put on an amazing performance... and Cecil People + his 2 buddies were scoring the fight <{CMPALM}>
(one of the judges did admit that he messed up after rewatching the bout, but too late...)

We're lucky it wasn't just a "once in a lifetime" performance, and that he was able to do it again in the rematch, or that bullshit decision would have even more dire consequences.

Shogun is one of these guys that are impossible to hate on, he never talks shit about anyone (even at the peak of the Chute Boxe vs BTT rivalry he was respectful toward Arona, at the peak of the Chute Boxe vs Hammer House feud he was respectful toward Randleman...), never brags, never makes excuses, always put on an exciting fight....
His 2005 PRIDE run was such a treat to witness.

I hope Mauricio learns from Murilo's mistake, and is able to retire before taking too many hits to the head. Both his knees have been shot for years, I really hope that, win or lose, he can avoid taking too much damage in the future...

Last edited:
A full time good guy .
Legendary fighter.
Hespec.

please retire and go live a good life.

Bullshit even Lyotos father said he loss
This fight was the start of immediate rematches

lol, wat? no one thinks that. or no one should, anyway lol.
Regardless of who you or I think won the fight, the history books have recorded Lyoto as the winner. That's what I meant. Maybe Shogun won in the minds of most people, but officially he lost. And it was a decade ago. And he KTFO Lyoto in the rematch.

Let it go
Mauricio

The first fight was fantastic, it's a shame Shogun wasn't awarded the victory but thankfully he left no doubt in the rematch. One of the greatest fighters ever. War Shogun and Lyoto as well.

Let it go
Mauricio

Yeah, he still seems real bothered about it

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back