You've got to hand it to the Feminists....

If people want a monogamous relationship they'll seek out monogamous relationships. Are you worried that the world will run out of people who want monogamous relationships?

I'm worried children will not have happy childhoods because we celebrated behavior that's not good for them.

If people want a monogamous relationship they'll seek out monogamous relationships. Are you worried that the world will run out of people who want monogamous relationships?
Well its happening in Japan, though its not a result of a culture of promiscuity.

The societal trends (promiscuity, homosexuality) we are seeing are evidence of societal decay.

That goes far beyond Feminism. There is a concerted effort to get sexual indoctrination into schools and it's coming from the top as part of an engineering program.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/o...ndoctrination-not-science-says-u.s.-psychiatr

A Canadian example, but similar stories are coming out all over the place as people push back.

This past weekend I read my 2nd grader a Christian sex book. It didn't really say much at all. Just said the body parts of each sex. And it talked about marriage and babies. It was pretty vague. I also told him God made marriage for a man and a woman.

I told him some of this because I wouldn't doubt if some kid tells him about sex this year. Because sex is all over tv and radio. I wanted to get ahead of what he might hear at school.

This past weekend I read my 2nd grader a Christian sex book. It didn't really say much at all. Just said the body parts of each sex. And it talked about marriage and babies. It was pretty vague. I also told him God made marriage for a man and a woman.

I told him some of this because I wouldn't doubt if some kid tells him about sex this year. Because sex is all over tv and radio. I wanted to get ahead of what he might hear at school.

Yeah, it's a tricky proposition trying to counter it. A lot of people are caught off guard and most just think it's being promoted because 'the experts' think it is good for kids, not really questioning it.

I'm worried children will not have happy childhoods because we celebrated behavior that's not good for them.

So you're worried about nonmonogamous people raising children in a non-traditional family structure. I guess that comes down to personal belief systems; I can't really debate you there. Different strokes for different folks.

No they don't.

Straw man.

And are you seriously arguing that it should be okay to hit a woman if she hits you?

I am on the feminist side in most of these arguments but if a women hits me I would probably restrain myself, but i might deck her, and she would have it coming.

The question is if this will really be good for women and society in the long run by devaluing their most potent weapon.

Sure it's great for horny guys lookin to bang, although it may discourage long term relationships and men may end up devaluing women also.

You keep saying things like this, but marriage retention rates have been climbing along basically the same time period as this movement, reversing a half-century long trend.

You've got to hand it to the Feminists for effectively killing "slut" in less than a decade. When I was in high School and college there was nothing a female dreaded more than being labeled as a slut. The idea of the slut was pretty much a male creation used to shame and control women and women bought into the idea without a fight. Instead of correctly pointing out the fact that men were projecting (because in fact it was us who wanted to sleep with everyone) women simply shouldered the burden of the term and did their best to control their adventurous side or at least fight like hell to keep it private.

Fast forward to today and we find ourselves in a time when sluts no longer exist. Try calling a woman a slut today and she'll either laugh at you or call you a hater. The shame is gone. Women are racking up more bodies annually than men will In their lifetime except that nowadays they do it with a smile and without a care.

I usually root against feminists because they clearly want estrogen to control the world. But I'm so glad they won the slut battle.

Women have always slept around as much as men. The reality is that its just always been a whole lot of women sleeping with a relatively few men.

Men were NEVER the ones that pushed the slut label on women, that was other women. Even feminists often pushed the slut label because it was considered dis empowering for women in general not to be able to use sex as a weapon against men. There was and is still consider consternation over the issue among many feminists.

Your post literally couldn't be more ignorant of the reality.

I am on the feminist side in most of these arguments but if a women hits me I would probably restrain myself, but i might deck her, and she would have it coming.

[YT]_wNYFg9dD1g[/YT]

It's not okay to hit women. Find another way.

You keep saying things like this, but marriage retention rates have been climbing along basically the same time period as this movement, reversing a half-century long trend.

Do you have a link? I'd be curious to see how it relates to actual marriage rates, ages, demographics, etc.

The societal trends (promiscuity, homosexuality) we are seeing are evidence of societal decay.

No they're not. You have no idea what's happening to society, because we've never been here before. 7.3 billion human brains able to network and share information to a radically unprecedented extent, with technological innovations increasing in exponential increments at exponential speed. Our species could well be unrecognizable in fifty years. You have no idea where we're heading.

How about the fact that violent crime has been dropping steadily for about 20 years? Is that a sign of societal decay? If you ask me being less likely to be mugged is more important than whether or not f*gs can get married

Do you have a link? I'd be curious to see how it relates to actual marriage rates, ages, demographics, etc.

http://rhiever.github.io/marriage-divorce-stats/marriages_divorces.html

There's a lot of other stuff floating around, too, but that's the starting point.

Basically:

Divorce is at the lowest level it has been since the 70s, even controlling for marriage rates.

Marriage rates are also down, but the downwards trend in recent years has been in very large part attributable to very late marriages (27 is the current average age of marriage, which is among the latest points in history.)

In other words: If you treat 27 as the new (early 20s or whatever the average age was) marriage rates are pretty close to normal. A lot of older methodologies simply looked at "married past 25" to establish marriage rates, which is silly given when people are getting married now.

If you throw in cohabitation studies, which are a bit harder to do, it looks like 'marriage' rates have risen slightly, and divorce rates haven't dropped by quite as much as the data suggest: some of the couples that would have gotten divorced simply cohabit for a period of time and never bother getting married.

In terms of premarital sex:
Yeah, its up.

However, adolescent sex is down: People are waiting to have sex, and far fewer people are having sex in high school. I'm not looking that up right now, because I don't really want to sort through the results of "teenage sex." It's pretty easy to find, though, and I think that study got posted here. Sex is more common before marriage, though I'm not sure its more common per year/person, merely that there are far more years between the onset of sexual activity and marriage now. This last part is pretty hard to test, though: people were also far less honest about sex at certain points in history, though there's evidence of a reasonably consistent level of infidelity and other sexually 'deviant' behaviors. Even if the onset has moved back a couple years, marriage has moved back far more.

Back