You've all been Roganized!! Diego-Melendez NOT the "New Best Fight Ever"

imo hendo-shogun, edgar-maynard 2, diaz-lawlor and wand-stann were all better fights

Awesome fight.

But I kind of agree with you, it only became "great" in the 3rd. Before that it was a one sided beatdown.

It was a crazy brawl but Wand/Stann was crazier.

Personally, I'd rank it behind that, Jones/Gustafsson and Hendricks/Condit.

Hendricks v. Condit? Seriously? You thought that lay'n'pray showcase was worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as Jones v. Gus, Wand v. Stan and Diego v. Melendez?

It was a good fight, but it was sloppy as hell. It sure as hell wasn't as good as Bones vs Gus, nor was it as good as Wanderlei vs Stann.

G-Wanderlei-Silva-calls-out-Brian-Stann-in-the-middle-of-the-fight.gif

I never noticed before, but is Stann trying to touch gloves there?

It was definately one of the best fights ever, who gives a shit if it's "the one"? There is no "the one" because its all subjective shit opinions anyway.

not only was gil clearly winning round one and two, but he was winning round 3 before the knock down, and after the knock down..... people are just so amped from diegos chin and heart that they thought it was closer than it was.

Torres/Maeda, M. Davis/P. Taylor, D. Sanchez/Parisyan...

I could go on.

Joe Rogan, LOL.

Agree with TS

AWESOME fight but definitely not the best imo. Typical Joe. He just gets lost in the moment, same as with Boetsch/Okami. Can't fault hm for getting excited I guess but he needs to ease up on the superlatives when he is excited.

It was definately one of the best fights ever, who gives a shit if it's "the one"? There is no "the one" because its all subjective shit opinions anyway.

We care because Rogan made that outlandish claim despite years of amazing MMA fights. Let's face it, MMA is loaded with exciting fights and to say "THIS is the most exciting fight ever" in the heat of the moment is pretty ridiculous.

I completly agree i was thinking the exact same thing when he said those words, like "lolwut? greatest fight ever, my ass". It was a great fight, no doubt but the greatest ever, noway.

I think Rogan just got caught up in the excitment and called it the greatest fight ever then probably realized he was exaggerating but it was too late, would have been stupid to come back on it mid interview and say "maybe not the greatest fight ever but a great one"

It was a great fight, nowhere close to the greatest ever though.

We care because Rogan made that outlandish claim despite years of amazing MMA fights. Let's face it, MMA is loaded with exciting fights and to say "THIS is the most exciting fight ever" in the heat of the moment is pretty ridiculous.

In the heat of the moment? Because thats when it makes the most sense you fucking dolt.

Why do you even give a shit what Rogan says, did he offend you over something as fucking asinine as his opinion on the greatest fight ever?

It was one sided, but he came out swinging and landed some good shots in the first 2 rounds AND almost came back in the 3rd with that nasty uppercut!

I've been watching MMA for over 5 years and I've watched a ton of older fights - it was definitely one of the best fights of all time, in my opinion.

Mute Rogans voice and watch the fight, and you will be crazy not to say that this was the greatest fight of all time in MMA. Was the best fight ive ever seen hands down, had everything and both fighters were not backing down. Was a pleasure to witness

Back