YouTuber's Homeless Man Hoax

Horse Style

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So a YouTuber named Josh Paler Lin, who normally posts crappy prank videos, posts a different kind of video for the holidays. It shows him approaching a random homeless man, giving him $100 and secretly following him to see how he spends it.

There is a quick fake out in the video as they spot the homeless man going into a liquor store. It turns out the homeless man went there to buy food. Continuing to follow him, they see the homeless man passing out the food he bought to other people who are down on their luck. This heartwarming video went viral and Josh set up an indiegogo account to raise money for this homeless man. So far, they've raised over $130k.

[YT]AUBTAdI7zuY[/YT]

Cool story, right? Well it gets better because it turns out to be a hoax. It was all staged.

Turns out the brother of this homeless man contacted the media. This homeless man is a mentally unstable alcoholic who inherited the $150k estate of his late parents and just chooses to wander the streets. It also doesn't help that a fan of Josh spotted him and the homeless man in a car outside the liquor store together the day they filmed this viral video.

Josh Paler Lin has since responded on his YouTube video and on the IndieGoGo page with:

I understand some of you have heard or saw the false allegations about this story. Everything they said was untrue and false. We already spoke to our attorney and ready to take legal action towards these false allegations. Everything about this story is true and real. We will be speaking out on a couple of national TV news to clear out these false allegations as well as the legal actions towards these people who are behind the false allegations. Wish you all have a Happy New Year!

It'll be interesting to see what happens from here in regards to the IndieGoGo fundraiser and his subscribers.

So he either got 130k for food, or 130k for one hell of a homeless party. Either way the brother is being a bitch ass hater for calling him out on it.

tumblr_m9sqah3XWN1r8dy8go1_500.gif

A lot of those prank videos are fake as shit. I recall reading the chicks in Vitaly's videos are usually his friends or something and the reactions are acted out.

A lot of those prank videos are fake as shit. I recall reading the chicks in Vitaly's videos are usually his friends or something and the reactions are acted out.

Those vitaly videos are fake as shit.

I have nothing to add except that I hope Jack Vale gets shot in the face.

The prepper channels are the best. You can hear the obesity.

Sounds awesome.

I don't mind the tutorial ones. I can't stand people who's channels revolve around characters or hi jinx. They're all wack to me, and their fans are some of the craziest people in the world.

Hey, if you can trick stupid people out of money by doing something as simple as making a video online...by all means, do it.

Hey, if you can trick stupid people out of money by doing something as simple as making a video online...by all means, do it.

I hear ya. Can't blame em, but it's not really the direction i hoped the world would be going in.

I hear ya. Can't blame em, but it's not really the direction i hoped the world would be going in.

You know the world is filled with really stupid people...and now there's an easy way to reach those people and relieve them of the burden of having money. It was inevitable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXeqmBVRlIw

I guess I'm one of those idiots cause I can't embed.

Sounds awesome.

I don't mind the tutorial ones. I can't stand people who's channels revolve around characters or hi jinx. They're all wack to me, and their fans are some of the craziest people in the world.

I'm pretty much convinced most YouTube "personalities" are failed actors.

Pretty pathetic when you hear stories about them sexually assaulting fans and acting like divas.

Last edited:

That's what's annoying. Not so long ago there used to be a filter where if you had no talent, you didn't get exposure (most of the time). Now you cry about Britney Spears and get several million subscribers. People actually listen to what that headcase has to say. The guy that lost his mind over some famous person being criticized...he gives advice to people...and they take it.

Pretty pathetic when you hear stories about them sexually assaulting fans and acting like divas.

I can't say it surprises me.

A lot are lame. But some are funny. Have you seen that grindr prank on the beach?

Since someone on here mentioned it (in the Girl, Walking thread) I've come to the realization that a lot of this shit is staged in hopes of cashing in.

Back