YouTubers are PO'ed and had enough. #WTFU

What is your point? Obviously there is a huge difference. No pun intended. But cable companies didn't stamp out NBA games because they were using Spalding Basketballs.

These content creators aren't doing anything illegal same as athletes, actors, and other celebrities who don't have "a real job." The point is that the creators of content on YouTube are now unjustly being subdued for no real reason.
I dont have a point
I made a simple dumb little joke and you felt the need to keep quoting me about it so I keep responding

tbf, you only get paid i believe after 1M hits on a video, and it's a pretty paltry sum. so if that's your income, well, step your game up

I have a video with over 1M 250k views and I haven't received a dime. #WTFP fuckers?!

One of them went out and busted his ass working harder than anyone else and dedicated himself 100% everyday all day to becoming the very best at what he does, refusing to let anyone ever get one step better than him and will always be remembered as one of the best athletes of all time
The other one sits in his little nerd toy filled room and complains about stuff
Youre right theyre basically the same person
reading comprehension my child. im not sayin anything about the character of jordan or this kid. im saying the end result of what they do for a living is the same: its purely for entertainment and has no other value. to say this kids job isn't 'real' when he makes money doing it but jordans job is would be contradictory. one of them worked their ass off to be the best at what he does, the value in which is entertainment. the other is a fat shit that probably doesnt work nearly as hard, but the type of contribution they provide our society is the same. neither job is more real than the other.

Waaaahhh waaahhhhhh that's all I hear.

Post needs this

24y30y1.jpg

I'd rather watch Nostalgia Critic then almost any TV Show or Movie. That "guy with a camera" is damn entertaining and his site was in the Entrepreneur magazine and he was awarded Entrepreneur of the Year on Jan 2011. He's a critic, and critics use clips from the movie they're criticising.

They operate within YouTube's guidelines so it's a privilege, not a right.

And it's YouTube who stands to lose more money than anyone. They can totally do it legally speaking, it's just a dick move that's going to bite them in the ass.

I'd rather watch Nostalgia Critic then almost any TV Show or Movie. That "guy with a camera" is damn entertaining and his site was in the Entrepreneur magazine and he was awarded Entrepreneur of the Year on Jan 2011. He's a critic, and critics use clips from the movie they're criticising.
That guy puts so much effort in to those reviews. The movies themselves may be awful, but his stuff is very entertaining. I'm always blown away by how creative he gets just talking about another movie.

That guy puts so much effort in to those reviews. The movies themselves may be awful, but his stuff is very entertaining. I'm always blown away by how creative he gets just talking about another movie.

I like Linkara, as well. He is a nice guy and he even retweeted the Mayberry Monday Comic about you.

some youtubers try to take alot of liberties with the fair use rule.

example

original video

alot of time these react guys get more views on their videos than the originals

One of them went out and busted his ass working harder than anyone else and dedicated himself 100% everyday all day to becoming the very best at what he does, refusing to let anyone ever get one step better than him and will always be remembered as one of the best athletes of all time
The other one sits in his little nerd toy filled room and complains about stuff
Youre right theyre basically the same person

It contributes nothing to society other than entertainment just like fat man's videos do. How about you make a fucking Caste system of jobs in america. Guarantee you I am above you on that Caste system as I keep networks for airlines working so flights get in the air. What do you do that is any contribution to society?

some youtubers try to take alot of liberties with the fair use rule.

example

original video

alot of time these react guys get more views on their videos than the originals

React channels are polarizing with viewers when it shouldn't be. The reason why they'r popular is because people genuinely go to see their reactions for whatever reason. No one is going just so they can see the video they're reacting to at 1/8 the size of the video screen.

It contributes nothing to society other than entertainment just like fat man's videos do. How about you make a fucking Caste system of jobs in america. Guarantee you I am above you on that Caste system as I keep networks for airlines working so flights get in the air. What do you do that is any contribution to society?
lol youre a little too wound up there dont ya think fella
May wanna go get a massage or a full spa day to work out some of this anger before this turns into a medical issue
Say it with me, woosah... woosah...

At the risk of getting lynched, would you care to elaborate, or lend insight?
Its a fairly complex issue, and I find myself nor here, nor there, on the issue.
Oh. My position is more political, or just ideological, and it's not really debatable in any way, but I'll give it try anyway: I hate it when normal people get sodomized by huge corporations like Google. It's all fine that Google makes money and so on, I'm not so far left that I let my political values cloud my judgment on that part, however, it should never ever be by the cost of sodomizing their "workers" (in this case, the content creators) .. to me, Google is not worth risking people's livelihood, no matter how "silly" it seems to people who aren't a part of the culture. Google making some additional millions is just not worth risking people's livelihood. I know some may disagree, and it's fine, we're all entitled to opinions, but mine is that I'll be siding with the content creators rather than corporations. It's not about who's right or who's wrong here - it's about humane behavior.

Also, just for the hell of it, I am a part of that culture myself - I watch and follow several youtube channels, almost obsessively, LOL

Sounds like YouTube want to bully out independent content reviewers and have Hollywood/TV/Music companies turn it into a different form of TV and promotion medium.

They seem to want to stop reviews from average joes and put them in the hands of certified companies, companies that can be manipulated and bribed.

Some people are missing the point.

1. youtube reviews allow people to get honest feedback about things like video games and movies, in industries where the media is filled with paid shills. Especially the video game industry. Developers are abusing the fair use policy to effectively censor criticism of shitty products.

2. up and coming competition is abusing the fair use policy to get more popular channels shut down so they can steal their views. It's underhanded as hell.

3. the point is the corruption going on, not whether or not you personally like youtube channels.

reading comprehension my child. im not sayin anything about the character of jordan or this kid. im saying the end result of what they do for a living is the same: its purely for entertainment and has no other value. to say this kids job isn't 'real' when he makes money doing it but jordans job is would be contradictory. one of them worked their ass off to be the best at what he does, the value in which is entertainment. the other is a fat shit that probably doesnt work nearly as hard, but the type of contribution they provide our society is the same. neither job is more real than the other.
Probanly doesnt work nearly as hard?
Probably?

The exact same thing is happening on Twitter. SJWs are really doing their darnedest to kill their cash cows.

Back