YouTubers are PO'ed and had enough. #WTFU

You do realize that YouTube takes a huge % cut off the monetization that clients and channels make off people networked to their site too, not just shit like VEVO. So it's in their vested interest to get this sorted out because they make money off these channels as well.
what's the alternative though? vimeo? they have a near monopolization on it, nobody really uses dailymotion

Get a real job. Try jackhammering concrete for a living.

I think they're allowing it because they have such a stranglehold on the market. If anyone ever seriously challenges them and popular artists have options to post elsewhere, maybe they'll change things up a bit.

I don't really understand why it's so heavily in the favor of the copyright holders right now, though. Maybe because YouTube is hosting the videos they're worried they're on the hook for infringement.

I'm sure it's just the big fish swallowing the little fish corporate empire shit.

I saw something on Youtube(I'm thinking Jim Sterling), that was going on about CR laws, and how they're so open to interpretation that big corps like Sony and the like are just seeing what they can get away with. They're trying to copyright words and phrases like "Let's Play", just to get a slice of those videos on Youtube. They've got enough money to do whatever, so they're essentially just throwing shit at a screen and seeing what sticks. If even one of those absurd copyright filings go through, it's worth it to them.

Overall though, this was kind of inevitable ever since Google purchased them. Youtube is so big now, that they're going full corporate. No more fuckin' around. No more free advertising. No more using licences without paying. I give it a few years before it's basically a subscription based network like Netflix. You know they're looking at Netflix's crazy subscription numbers and wondering why the fuck they're giving their shit away for free. That "premium" subscription package is coming.

End of ramble.

I think they're allowing it because they have such a stranglehold on the market. If anyone ever seriously challenges them and popular artists have options to post elsewhere, maybe they'll change things up a bit.

I don't really understand why it's so heavily in the favor of the copyright holders right now, though. Maybe because YouTube is hosting the videos they're worried they're on the hook for infringement.

You might like this...

I wish every company was like Prince and tear everything that belong to them down off YT and the Internet unless they say you can use. No YT reviews of shit unless you get permission first. Can you picture how the reviews of shit would look without ever showing the products they reviewing they alking about.

Garth Brooks is the same way.

Get a real job. Try jackhammering concrete for a living.

I did that once. A friend of mine landed the contract to redo a section of a concrete warehouse floor, so we went in on a Saturday to remove the old floor. We found out it was strengthened with four layers of rebar. So, the first time I operated a jackhammer, I did it for eighteen hours. When I finally got home, I slept for more than 24 hours. I have never been so spent in my entire life.

Go get a real job ya fuckin crybabies
all actors, artists, athletes, should also go get real jobs. wtf do they contribute to society? at least reebok provides us with clothes right

I'm sure it's just the big fish swallowing the little fish corporate empire shit.

I saw something on Youtube(I'm thinking Jim Sterling), that was going on about CR laws, and how they're so open to interpretation that big corps like Sony and the like are just seeing what they can get away with. They're trying to copyright words and phrases like "Let's Play", just to get a slice of those videos on Youtube. They've got enough money to do whatever, so they're essentially just throwing shit at a screen and seeing what sticks. If even one of those absurd copyright filings go through, it's worth it to them.

Overall though, this was kind of inevitable ever since Google purchased them. Youtube is so big now, that they're going full corporate. No more fuckin' around. No more free advertising. No more using licences without paying. I give it a few years before it's basically a subscription based network like Netflix. You know they're looking at Netflix's crazy subscription numbers and wondering why the fuck they're giving their shit away for free. That "premium" subscription package is coming.

End of ramble.

I wonder why more people don't use their competitors.

all actors, artists, athletes, should also go get real jobs. wtf do they contribute to society? at least reebok provides us with clothes right
Theres a pretty big difference between Michael Jordan and this guy

there's a pretty small difference in the 'realness' of how they make a living.
One of them went out and busted his ass working harder than anyone else and dedicated himself 100% everyday all day to becoming the very best at what he does, refusing to let anyone ever get one step better than him and will always be remembered as one of the best athletes of all time
The other one sits in his little nerd toy filled room and complains about stuff
Youre right theyre basically the same person

I did that once. A friend of mine landed the contract to redo a section of a concrete warehouse floor, so we went in on a Saturday to remove the old floor. We found out it was strengthened with four layers of rebar. So, the first time I operated a jackhammer, I did it for eighteen hours. When I finally got home, I slept for more than 24 hours. I have never been so spent in my entire life.

Try walking around and lying on the ground in front of Kimbo for 12 minutes. You'll redefine your terms.

Thanks, I'll try and check it out when I have more time. 48 minutes is pretty long.

If you are into audio books, its highly recommended (14hr run time)

Also, that jackhammer story...feel ya...ran jack hammer many times, and multi layered re-bar is hell, it doesn't get much worse. Even when used properly, this machine is horrible for your body.

It just goes to show that someone with a video camera and a considerable amount of views think they are businessmen but they are really just a person with a video camera . They thought their "business" would never change and always be profitable doing the same shit over and over again indefinitely .

It just goes to show that someone with a product and a considerable amount of sales think they are businessmen but they are really just a person with an idea, specialized tool knowledge and created something that was otherwise not there before. They thought their "business" would never change and always be profitable doing the same shit over and over again indefinitely, not unlike corporations, governments, entire civilizations and species.

Fixed

It just goes to show that someone with a video camera and a considerable amount of views think they are businessmen but they are really just a person with a video camera . They thought their "business" would never change and always be profitable doing the same shit over and over again indefinitely .

Siskel and Ebert did it successfully for a generation. YouTube is the new medium. Deal with it.

Theres a pretty big difference between Michael Jordan and this guy

What is your point? Obviously there is a huge difference. No pun intended. But cable companies didn't stamp out NBA games because they were using Spalding Basketballs.

These content creators aren't doing anything illegal same as athletes, actors, and other celebrities who don't have "a real job." The point is that the creators of content on YouTube are now unjustly being subdued for no real reason.

Siskel and Ebert did it successfully for a generation. YouTube is the new medium. Deal with it.
I think you're the one having a hard time dealing with it . You seem to have a problem with Youtube / Google "the new medium" copyright complaint system .

You sound angry and frustrated that overweight acne faced social outcasts are sitting on the asses all day raking in millions.

Back