YouTubers are PO'ed and had enough. #WTFU

Hyperglide

Tell Apathy
@Gold
Reaction score
Where's the Fair Use? Lots of mainstream YouTubers are up in arms about their channels and livelihood being taken over by other entities submitting bogus or erroneous copyright strikes on their channels, and skirting fair use laws. Pretty divisive topic as of late. Thoughts?

TS, what's wrong with you. Give us better cliffs than that. I'm not interested in watching 2 10-minute clips, a 15-minute clip and a 20-minute clip.

TS, what's wrong with you. Give us better cliffs than that. I'm not interested in watching 2 10-minute clips, a 15-minute clip and a 20-minute clip.

I provided cliffs. A lot of YouTube channels are getting taken down as of late cause of copyright strikes and claims from large corp. entities and the YouTube bots that scan for this type of stuff. It affects the content that they can provide as they will obviously not upload videos if their monetization has been taken away. So they are creating a movement so it motivates YouTube's team to come up with a better solution and puts the pressure on them cause right now the little guys can't do shit to fight back other then put it out there. But now they have become more unified.

The videos put it in larger detail then I can. You don't have to watch all the video's just Doug Walkers which is the first one. The others are basically just support, replies to his video.

Cliffs? Seems like a bunch of guys that contribute nothing to society are mad because they're not getting as many "views" as they like. Guy in third video is over the top annoying.

latest

Go get a real job ya fuckin crybabies

Cliffs? Seems like a bunch of guys that contribute nothing to society are mad because they're not getting as many "views" as they like. Guy in third video is over the top annoying.

i concur

They have a good point.

They're producing content that the public wants to see. I don't want to watch people play videogames on YouTube but other people do, so I guess the product has value. It's no less a value-added product than anything else people will spend time or money to acquire from a novelty store, or a cable TV package, or anything else.

If the content they are producing creates revenue, they deserve their share of it. If they are adhering to fair use, then they deserve the protection of fair use laws. Whether I like their videos or subscribe to their channels has nothing to do with it.

tbf, you only get paid i believe after 1M hits on a video, and it's a pretty paltry sum. so if that's your income, well, step your game up

I provided cliffs. A lot of YouTube channels are getting taken down as of late cause of copyright strikes and claims from large corp. entities and the YouTube bots that scan for this type of stuff. It affects the content that they can provide as they will obviously not upload videos if their monetization has been taken away. So they are creating a movement so it motivates YouTube's team to come up with a better solution and puts the pressure on them cause right now the little guys can't do shit to fight back other then put it out there. But now they have become more unified.

The videos put it in larger detail then I can. You don't have to watch all the video's just Doug Walkers which is the first one. The others are basically just support, replies to his video.
This response is the elaboration I wanted. Thank you.

My initial thought is they chose this specific money-making path and they should have known they'd be vulnerable to the workings of YouTube. They could try to get YouTube to change their policy but the method they are using probably isn't going to be as effective as they think.

They need to suck it up in the meantime and work with what YouTube is giving them. If that means changing their content to not get copyright strikes, then so be it or go get another source of income. There are several channels I know about that get copyright strikes and keep on trucking while still making money.

My initial thought is they chose this specific money-making path and they should have known they'd be vulnerable to the workings of YouTube. They could try to get YouTube to change their policy but the method they are using probably isn't going to be as effective as they think.

They need to suck it up in the meantime and work with what YouTube is giving them. If that means changing their content to not get copyright strikes, then so be it or go get another source of income. There are several channels I know about that get copyright strikes and keep on trucking while still making money.

Oh believe me they've been trying. Some have even withheld videos they've produced until their strikes run out as they are not getting monetization and are basically losing money if the upload a video, get the views and the $$ don't start coming in.

Even if you think they're worthless individuals, the lack of due process is cause for alarm IMO.

The problem is that people are receiving copyright strikes and claims on videos that not only use content fairly and properly, but even videos that literally use NO copyrighted content at all. Revenue has been withheld due to claims on videos that are reviews of movies that show NO CLIPS at all - just the reviewer sitting there talking about the movie. Not only is that fair use, it's literally NO USE.

I wish every company was like Prince and tear everything that belong to them down off YT and the Internet unless they say you can use. No YT reviews of shit unless you get permission first. Can you picture how the reviews of shit would look without ever showing the products they reviewing they alking about.

Back