1. Where did your likes go? Please Read This Thread »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

YouTube TV: Price increase to $65

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by MMA Time Soldier, Jun 30, 2020.

1. MMA Time Soldier Green Belt

2. bobgeese Gold Belt

3. all caps Gold Belt

4. uppercutbus Silver Belt

Paying for brainwashing like the British TV license.

They said sometime earlier this year they'll start removing videos that don't make them money, maybe this was the detour to avoid that. Lots of useless vids with no views out there.

all caps and Kandyland like this.
  5. Staph infection Glue historian

Fuck these greedy corporations, I am not paying for YouTube, I spend my hard earned money wisely (cam girls and twitch thots).

6. method115 Titanium Belt

lol man just get a VPN and download the show you want. You can automate the whole thing.

7. reveler Purple Belt

the internet aint what it used to be. half the linked articles in this forum require that you remove ad block; i never do. browse free or die.

8. Philo-Publius Gold Belt

MMA Time Soldier likes this.
  9. Barteh Brown Belt

On a lot of sites you can visit those kind of articles in incognito mode and somehow you do get in. Even works for some articles behind a paywall.

10. badascan Black Belt Platinum Member

youtube is dying... they're cannibalizing themselves...

Philo-Publius likes this.
  11. 560ti Brown Belt

I always laughed when people who think they're smarter than the system would rant about cutting the cord and screw the cable company ("where gonna get a deal, where smarter than the cable company and networks")

cable company isn't what screwed you, it was the networks trying to get a bigger profit. The same networks took a pay cut to get entry into the streaming services but now they're of course raising prices every year because they want their old profit margin

give it 3 years and the streaming services are going to have less channels than cable used to have but be more expensive..... (Networks have you by the balls)

My favorite was the UFC ESPN plus scam. They advertised ESPN plus as " a cord cutting option for fight fans" but you need ESPN the channel to view 80% of the tier 1 content........ Literally all they did was move 20% of the content to another paywall so they could double dip (lmao). They basically took the free national fox cards and moved to them to cable and then took the Fox sports cable cards and moved them to an online paywall.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  12. Steve-French What A Rush!!!

There is still tons of legal free content out there like Crackle, Tubi, IMDB, etc... for on demand movies. There is also apps like Pluto that are set up like a cable provider with a guide. Most smart TV's have 100's of built in channels to them now too. Granite you're not going to get premium content, but it's still a way to watch TV. Plus you can always add an antenna on to your TV and pick up your local Networks for sports.

There are also plenty of IPTV service (free and pay) that you can side load on to a firestick or an android box that give 1000's of channels from around the world, including all of the premium content. The IPTV services that cost money are usually only $10-$15 a month too. They aren't legal, but you can't get in trouble as long as you're not hosting it. And if you are worried just get a VPN.

MMA Time Soldier and 560ti like this.
  13. 560ti Brown Belt

yeah I'm not arguing that internet hasn't caused a wider variety of content or good free content it's just the moderate to high end television users think they're beating the system but the networks are going to get them in the end whether its the streaming services raising it prices or the networks having their own proprietary service where you have to pay them directly

Steve-French likes this.
  14. jefferz Gold Belt

[​IMG]

method115 likes this.
  15. HappyCamper Orange Belt

Honestly cutting the cord was a great move for me and my family. I starting to wonder about unplugging entirely.

I would still need data on my phone for work, but I am considering just stopping using the internet for entertainment entirely.

560ti likes this.
  16. HeffDoesWant Purple Belt

Damn I thought that was the annual price.

17. MMA Time Soldier Green Belt

Yeah, CRACKLE has great free movie content.

18. IndyCovaHart Gold Belt

YouTubeTV never seemed worth it even before the price hike.

Project 2501, 86'd and chardog like this.
  19. panamaican Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

This was inevitable and should have been foreseeable for most of us. The bidding war for content was always going to drive up the cost, especially when you're licensing other people's stuff. I haven't really followed Youtube TV - are they on pace with new subscribers?

20. Philo-Publius Gold Belt

Tubi is on par with Crackle. I would say Tubi has better tv show content, but Crackle has slightly better movie content.