Youtube is starting to really piss me off.

Do you actually HAVE Youtube Premium you bastard

• Total voters
Didn’t YouTube get bought out not too long ago and go all big corporate..? That never improves a product, typically.

If you have an android phone I suggest you download Newpipe. It is a free app that I use that replaces YouTube which includes ad blocking, no pestering to sign up for premium, ability to download the video, and also ability to play the video in the background (YouTube premium only allows for you play a video in the background)

W53h6l4.jpg

Last edited:
At the beginning of this self quarantine, I did the free trial so I could watch Cobra Kai. I wound up keeping Premium. I gotta say, worth the $17 for a family account (5 people).

I use Youtube quite a bit. I have it on in the background pretty much all day while I work. Since being stuck at home, I use Youtube even more now. I use it a lot while I’m doing housework (repairs, remodeling, lawn work, etc.) or exercising.

Main benefits are:
- No ads, at the beginning of a video or within. Only ads are live reads by the content creator themselves.
- I can multi-task and switch to other screens on my phone without Youtube shutting off.
- I can turn my screen off if I just want to use Youtube for sound. This saves my battery life big time. Allows me to put my phone in pocket without worrying about accidentally touching the screen and changing the video.
- Do most of my listening in one place now. I don’t use the Podcast app anymore, just listen on Youtube now. I use Spotify less also. The drawback about listening to music videos are the skits in music videos are kind of a bitch, they’re almost like ads. Rappers be thinking they’re actors with these 1-2 minute intros.

Unless my usage habits change, I don’t think I can go back to normal Youtube.

Bro you are an ad bro

Like you'd literally just became an ad

Bro you are an ad bro

Like you'd literally just became an ad

Spreading the Youtube Premium gospel.

And btw, this is kind of your fault. It was your Cobra Kai thread that made me even sign up for Premium in the first place.

To be honest, I didn’t know you could use an adblocker on phones. Is there an ad block for iOS?
Oh.. I use it from my PC.

I think there is Adblock for Android but I think it works with Chrome. IDK if it works on Youtube

The worst part are the ads randomly placed in the middle of videos. Motherfucker I just watched a 30 second ad I couldn’t skip and now 2 minutes into this video I have to watch another that starts mid sentence.

Those are the worst. They're called mid-roll ads. YouTube didn't used to be like that but obviously some people got greedy and were determined to further monetize the platform.

I just got through with trying premium for free for thirty days & while it was nice to not have to deal with all the ads, for me, it's not worth shelling out an additional eleven or twelve bucks per month. I already pay out plenty for my media between Direct TV's Premiere tier via satellite, Netflix, Amazon Prime ( w/ two additional pay channels in Shudder & Hi Yah! ), DAZN & ESPN +. So, I don't need to be paying anything more for something that I don't even use all that much.

I was considering dropping all the premium channels on my Direct TV account ( except for Showtime which I'll keep for their boxing ) & going with HBO Max at the end of this month though.

He's banned, so he basically committed e-suicide after this comment. @Clippy I wonder if they have Youtube Premium ads in...PRISON!!!!!!!
Who did I say this to

Most of this thread was from 2 years ago

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back