Youtube is starting to really piss me off.

Do you actually HAVE Youtube Premium you bastard

• Total voters
From what I gather a very small amount goes to content creators tho, unless they are huge on there. Everyone else suffers, many are leaving. Most of the stuff I watch or check out there falls under the not huge category.

Now consider the utter worthless dipshits that are huge on there, shit like gamers, ditzy ho’s, and morons like Boxxy (I know she’s no longer relevant but you get the picture). I don’t agree with it improving at all. It has gotten worse, and a lot of people that create random interesting channels are being pushed off. Almost every single music channel I had saved (mostly albums really) has been taken down within the last year or so, and this is after I’d been using them for years on end with no issues.
It probubaly depends on the content type you are searching, there are many great channels with lots of great info that have high level production value now, as opposed to the past “how to “ and “information” channels were shaky cell phone vids back in the day.

If you are pissed that channels of people are being taken down that were posting copyrighted music videos well then, just go to legit music channels instead.

I use YT a lot. I’ve thought of going premium.

It probubaly depends on the content type you are searching, there are many great channels with lots of great info that have high level production value now, as opposed to the past “how to “ and “information” channels were shaky cell phone vids back in the day.

If you are pissed that channels of people are being taken down that were posting copyrighted music videos well then, just go to legit music channels instead.

Nah, it’s not just content I seek out -this is across the board. There are articles all over about it over the last couple of years due to things like more sensorship, odd ball revenue distribution and so on.

And of course video production from back in the day was worse, the tech and equipment is better now and will continue to evolve, that trend would be on the up and up regardless of people coming or going. Obviously things are more scripted too, but again, I think most people that are around long enough evolve that process organically anyway.

Nah, it’s not just content I seek out -this is across the board. There are articles all over about it over the last couple of years due to things like more sensorship, odd ball revenue distribution and so on.

And of course video production from back in the day was worse, the tech and equipment is better now and will continue to evolve, that trend would be on the up and up regardless of people coming or going. Obviously things are more scripted too, but again, I think most people that are around long enough evolve that process organically anyway.
Tech and equipment have been around for a long time to make decent videos, while it has become cheaper for everyday people to get stuff to do it with what really makes good looking video is understanding lighting, sound production, angles and how stuff is shot.

You watched movies way before YouTube had good production right?

And you are insane if you think people would have spent real money and dedicated loads of time to learning editing and what makes good videos if monetization was never a thing.

There would be a few outliers around who were in the industry of some way or form and did good video for YouTube for fun, but nowhere near what we have now.

The people that complain that “luck” is what makes them not popular vs ones that are are clueless and don’t understand the amount of work and TIME the people that are successful have put in.

You have the random jackass video content that leads this way some, but for the most part every big one has dedicated enourmous amount of time and energy to get their channel to grow.

You can’t just post a you tube video these days and expect to get popular without the work.

Thinking that is just foolish, and ignorant

YouTube Premium has every song you'd want from Spotify and the like, plus a million trillion videos.

You can lock your phone and it doesn't stop playback.

I've had it for a year, and at $10 a month it is the only subscription based media that has ever been worthwhile to pay for.

Last edited:
YouTube Premium has everything song you'd want from Spotify and the like, plus a million trillion videos.

You can lock your phone and it doesn't stop playback.

I've had it for a year, and at $10 a month it is the only subscription based media that has ever been worthwhile to pay for.

I don't understand the appeal of locking your phone with a video???

I don't understand why anyone would pay for Spotify when YouTube Premium is available.

I don't understand the appeal of locking your phone with a video???
Its good if you're doing something like listening to JRE while taking a walk, mowing the yard, etc.

But you have to understand, in the case of music, which YouTube has more of than any music streaming service, it's a "video" but most music on YouTube has an album cover "playing" and you're not watching anything anyway. You can lock the screen and go about your business listening to that song that isn't on Spotify, ad free.

And THAT last part is the reason I really started paying. I said many times, and even on this forum, when they announced YouTube Red a few years back, "who would wanna pay for something that is already free??" But you know, it is worth every penny, and the main reason is bc I can listen to any song I want, bc they have basically everything, and never have to be held up by an ad, ever.

At the beginning of this self quarantine, I did the free trial so I could watch Cobra Kai. I wound up keeping Premium. I gotta say, worth the $17 for a family account (5 people).

I use Youtube quite a bit. I have it on in the background pretty much all day while I work. Since being stuck at home, I use Youtube even more now. I use it a lot while I’m doing housework (repairs, remodeling, lawn work, etc.) or exercising.

Main benefits are:
- No ads, at the beginning of a video or within. Only ads are live reads by the content creator themselves.
- I can multi-task and switch to other screens on my phone without Youtube shutting off.
- I can turn my screen off if I just want to use Youtube for sound. This saves my battery life big time. Allows me to put my phone in pocket without worrying about accidentally touching the screen and changing the video.
- Do most of my listening in one place now. I don’t use the Podcast app anymore, just listen on Youtube now. I use Spotify less also. The drawback about listening to music videos are the skits in music videos are kind of a bitch, they’re almost like ads. Rappers be thinking they’re actors with these 1-2 minute intros.

Unless my usage habits change, I don’t think I can go back to normal Youtube.

At the beginning of this self quarantine, I did the free trial so I could watch Cobra Kai. I wound up keeping Premium. I gotta say, worth the $17 for a family account (5 people).

I use Youtube quite a bit. I have it on in the background pretty much all day while I work. Since being stuck at home, I use Youtube even more now. I use it a lot while I’m doing housework (repairs, remodeling, lawn work, etc.) or exercising.

Main benefits are:
- No ads, at the beginning of a video or within. Only ads are live reads by the content creator themselves.
- I can multi-task and switch to other screens on my phone without Youtube shutting off.
- I can turn my screen off if I just want to use Youtube for sound. This saves my battery life big time. Allows me to put my phone in pocket without worrying about accidentally touching the screen and changing the video.
- Do most of my listening in one place now. I don’t use the Podcast app anymore, just listen on Youtube now. I use Spotify less also. The drawback about listening to music videos are the skits in music videos are kind of a bitch, they’re almost like ads. Rappers be thinking they’re actors with these 1-2 minute intros.

Unless my usage habits change, I don’t think I can go back to normal Youtube.
I remember back in the day you could turn your screen off (in the cellphone) and Youtube would keep playing.

Also for the ads, dont you use AdBlock? It blocks all the ads for me.

I remember back in the day you could turn your screen off (in the cellphone) and Youtube would keep playing.

Also for the ads, dont you use AdBlock? It blocks all the ads for me.

To be honest, I didn’t know you could use an adblocker on phones. Is there an ad block for iOS?

But even without the ads, I think being able to multitask on my phone and extending my battery life is worth it. I think, Youtube would drain my battery in about an hour and half of straight viewing. Now it will probably last a good 8 hours.

Back