Opinion YouTube demonetizing leftist sites

It is new on the internet. It's new to many on the left who only started paying attention cuz the orange man reminded them of their high school bully.

Wait till they find out about the cia...

It absolutely is not new on the net, or YouTube specifically.

I've been subscribed for years to guys that are more left than you could possibly imagine and despite millions of views they are demonitized because they aren't advertiser friendly.

You guys need to stop playing victim over every little thing, it's weak.

36914334.jpg

The things you quote, you should have someone explain them to you.

Would you say the same for the cybercrime unit of the police, who have to view babies being raped/killed?

Because that’s what these moderators are seeing. Animal torture, pedophilia, murder, rape... You think it’s funny people have adverse psychological effects from being exposed to that for 8 hours a day?

LMAO @ any of that shit popping up on YT.

You really gonna white knight for some limp wristed IT clown? By all means dude, I just think its pathetic.

And don't conflate a piddly YT moderator with someone dealing with REAL crimes. That's just a pathetic reach.

<PlusJuan>

Please my leftist brainwashed friends. Open your eyes and see what's happening. Abandon your hate and bigotry and help us fix what's happening.

It is you who needs to open your eyes and stop being brainwashed. The politicians you support have helped to spawn big tech and give them power.

Where were you when Elizabeth Warren was pushing to break up the tech companies?

all of the content i have viewed in the last few years warning about the dangers of censorship have been from left leaning cites. for you to consider.

I've posted this several times here, but this entire podcast was insightful, and posits some inherent dangers when we afford such free reign to behemoth organizations like Twitter, Facebook, Youtube.

Glasser of the ACLU raises some very valid points.

I've posted this several times here, but this entire podcast was insightful, and posits some inherent dangers when we afford such free reign to behemoth organizations like Twitter, Facebook, Youtube.

Glasser of the ACLU raises some very valid points.

i will watch that no matter how i detest rogan personally.

chris hedges and cornel west are the people i respect most and who are deeply concerned with this problem. both leftists btw.

It absolutely is not new on the net, or YouTube specifically.

I've been subscribed for years to guys that are more left than you could possibly imagine and despite millions of views they are demonitized because they aren't advertiser friendly.

You guys need to stop playing victim over every little thing, it's weak.

Who's playing victim?

I'm laughing at you, and for that matter anyone who seeks out political enlightenment on YouTube.

Again,

<{MingNope}>

i will watch that no matter how i detest rogan personally.

chris hedges and cornel west are the people i respect most and who are deeply concerned with this problem. both leftists btw.

it's only like a two hour long podcast...very informative.

I also recommend watching that documentary on Netflix, "The Social Dillema"

the immense power these social media platforms have is incredibly daunting.

LMAO @ any of that shit popping up on YT.

You really gonna white knight for some limp wristed IT clown? By all means dude, I just think its pathetic.

And don't conflate a piddly YT moderator with someone dealing with REAL crimes. That's just a pathetic reach.
Well, that shit definitely gets uploaded to youtube. I’ve seen decapitations and results of shotgun murders on youtube. Sometimes it slips by the mods.

This is probably the most naive comment on online moderating I have ever heard. “Do you really think people try to upload gore and pedophilia to youtube???”

That’s sheltered soccer mom level naive.

Which youtube was banned for having non-radical conservative views? I added non-radical, since that is something you would prefer seeing banned.

Also, no I’m not saying all right wingers are spreading misinformation. But a lot of them are, on purpose, and they’re mostly still on youtube.

Tim Pool needs to stfu and be happy there is a world where a dork like him can make money by pretending to be a journalist. Ungrateful little cunt.

him can make money by pretending to be a journalist

<Dany07>
Pretending to be a Journalist?. I haven't seen much journalism from the media in the last 8 years. Let alone on serious issues like Libya or Syria, unless of course you dont mind the same talking heads repeating the lines how the rebels are moderates and stuff.

As for Tim Pool what you mean pretending to be a journalist? he actually worked for a news outlet.
Unless of course your going to be claiming that CNN is much more of a news outlet.

<Dany07>
Pretending to be a Journalist?. I haven't seen much journalism from the media in the last 8 years. Let alone on serious issues like Libya or Syria, unless of course you dont mind the same talking heads repeating the lines how the rebels are moderates and stuff.

As for Tim Pool what you mean pretending to be a journalist? he actually worked for a news outlet.

your post is kind of off topic but i dont consider tim pool to be a journalist any more than michael brooks is. they are political commentators.

It is new on the internet. It's new to many on the left who only started paying attention cuz the orange man reminded them of their high school bully.

Wait till they find out about the cia...

It's not new at all. You post on sherdog for fucks sake. We get censored far more on here than on Twitter.

It's not new to these social media giants either. Adpocalypse was 4 years ago

https://youtube.fandom.com/wiki/YouTube_Adpocalypse

Who's playing victim?

I'm laughing at you, and for that matter anyone who seeks out political enlightenment on YouTube.

Again,

<{MingNope}>

Why? There are smart people out there.

your post is kind of off topic but i dont consider tim pool to be a journalist any more than michael brooks is. they are political commentators.
I guess working or having worked with Vice News traveling around the world talking to people and being in conflicts doesn't count as being journalist?

Well, that shit definitely gets uploaded to youtube. I’ve seen decapitations and results of shotgun murders on youtube. Sometimes it slips by the mods.

This is probably the most naive comment on online moderating I have ever heard. “Do you really think people try to upload gore and pedophilia to youtube???”

That’s sheltered soccer mom level naive.

You're being a jackass for the sake of salvaging your argument, stop it bro.

Even if intense gore or nudity is uploaded to YT, the moment is surpasses more than 100-200 views is the moment its gone. YT's team of mods is quite vast, and their algorithms are increasingly impressive as the years go by. The circles that follow that sort of stuff don't huddle around burner YT accounts waiting for content, they find that shit elsewhere.

And again, you're conflating someone in the criminal justice field... who deals with REAL crime... to a Youtube moderator.

Just say that aloud and tell me with a straight face you believe that nonsense. Homie needs to either toughen up or find another career path. The internet is a dark and unforgiving place, and YT is the kiddie pool.

I guess working or having worked with Vice News traveling around the world talking to people and being in conflicts doesn't count as being journalist?

being a former journalist does not change the nature of his present platform is all im saying man.

chris hedges (one of my heroes) is also a former journalist but he isn't one now either.

it's only like a two hour long podcast...very informative.

I also recommend watching that documentary on Netflix, "The Social Dillema"

the immense power these social media platforms have is incredibly daunting.

What do you think about Elizabeth Warren's proposal?

There's a section about online platforms in there

Which youtube was banned for having non-radical conservative views? I added non-radical, since that is something you would prefer seeing banned.

Also, no I’m not saying all right wingers are spreading misinformation. But a lot of them are, on purpose, and they’re mostly still on youtube.

Tim Pool needs to stfu and be happy there is a world where a dork like him can make money by pretending to be a journalist. Ungrateful little cunt.
Part of the reason I don't feel so bad for a lot of these guys is that all many of them are doing is opining on what they've read in the Associated Press or watched on some network. They aren't doing any of the leg work themselves.

I respect the guys who bring on guests and do interviews to an extent because they're at least providing something their audience can't just get from a news app.

Channels like Legal Eagle seem alright too. I've only watched a few of his videos, but I appreciate that he researches topics and provides an analysis that most people can't develop on their own.

It'd be a shame if these guys couldn't continue, but I also can't see how YouTube is really obligated to provide people a platform.

Back