"You're a jnr Jui-jitsu coach who teaches kids"

It was a comliment. Perhaps one of the nicest things I've heard him say about his opponents.

Why was McGregor saying this as an insult?

I think it's commendable that Nate trains kids in martial arts... Wonderboy teaches Karate to kids at his dad's dojo.
It's odd he probably ran out of things to say

Like I've BEEN saying... his Shtick is getting OLD fast. He used to say some witty things HERE and THERE....Now it's ALWAYS about the MONEY... How he's so rich, how he's the TOP paid UFC athlete, how you are NOT HIM so OTHERWISE YOU'RE POOR. How anyone who fights him is making there BIGGEST PAYDAYS off him, his CROCODILE skin shoes, His feathered pillow stuffed with endangered species Bald Eagle feathers he gets with his MONEY,that you DONT have... His CUSTOM TAILORED SUITS he got at the BABY GAP with his MONEY... I swear his suits are always a size or two too small... All he talks about is money money money, and material things... it's really gone to his head, maybe that's why his head is 2 times to big for his body and he looks like a walking bobble head...

It basically means you're a walking contradiction.
You can't be an upstanding member of the community while simultaneously glorifying the overdone gangsta culture that has made a cunt out of a large portion of American youth
Oh kind of like conor helping homeless people and pretending to be El Chapo

Sure but do you really want to see Conor looking like this? Dee's going to get crushed.

joiY13s.jpg

You have a point, but against Mir I pictured him looking more like this...

59820.jpg

Oh kind of like conor helping homeless people and pretending to be El Chapo
No, nothing like that actually. The homeless NEED help, kids don't need jj and elderly don't need thug guided cycle tours

It's odd he probably ran out of things to say
It was actually pretty much his opening salvo. It seemed like he decided to go the respectful route at the end because he was struggling. Although in fairness, when no matter what you say someone mostly responds "I don't give a fuck" and the crowd goes wild it's probably better to cut your losses!

Conor fans (some of then anyway) have been particularly annoying tonight but from an objective point of view I remembered tonight why I almost never watch press conferences. The last pre-fight anything I watched was the Jones/DC weigh-in.

I get people like this stuff so there is no point in me constantly berating it. To each their own. But I had to keep skipping ahead. It just isn't for me.

I think it's commendable that Nate trains kids in martial arts... Wonderboy teaches Karate to kids at his dad's dojo.
Cos as everyone is slowly finding out Conor is a lacking in class douche bag egotistical prick

It was a set up to the killer line about making balloons in the other hand. Basically he was painting the picture of Nate being a fake gangsta.
Killer line. ...OK. .....

No, nothing like that actually. The homeless NEED help, kids don't need jj and elderly don't need thug guided cycle tours
And conor needs some help too his regular writers must be on spring break

I'm gonna put this nice and ban/dub proof: Conor appears to have a different set of values. This is at least the second time he mentions kids in his...ahem...."burns"...I couldn't tell you what is wrong with teaching kids.

When has a Diaz bro claimed to actually be a gangster? They sure do go for the "tough streets" persona, but I never heard any of them claim to be actual criminals.

McGregor is a great fighter, but man is he a chore to listen to. Every question he gets he has to answer with a 5 minute speech that intellectual bantanweights probably percieves as intelligent, but in reality is just long-winded and overly-decorated promotion BS.

When has a Diaz bro claimed to actually be a gangster? They sure do go for the "tough streets" persona, but I never heard any of them claim to be actual criminals.

McGregor is a great fighter, but man is he a chore to listen to. Every question he gets he has to answer with a 5 minute speech that intellectual bantanweights probably percieves as intelligent, but in reality is just long-winded and overly-decorated promotion BS.

It's a cultural thing too I guess, in Ireland and probably most of Europe when we see someone with the Diaz personality....we just see a walking charicature, it's the same dumb personality as the next thug, it's basically you saying I'm completely unoriginal but in order to put out a tough persona I'm gonna act exactly like the guy before me.....quite ironic seeing as they'll tell you how 'real' they are.

You can characterize it anyway you want. My post wasn't a defense of the terminology or persona. I simply was pointing out how bad your logic was to think there was a contradiction. Someone can be tough and still nice to kids and old ladies.

I realize you must think I am some big Diaz fan who would be bothered by you changing the subject to make a dig at Nate but I don't care about that. I just was trying to help you so you appear less stupid in the future. Obviously it hasn't worked yet but I have hope for you.
Well beyond that overdone persona there is absolutely nothing to suggest he is 'street tough' whatever the fuck that is.
I'm not saying you can't be tough and a good guy, but if you don't see the issue or contradiction I'm not here to explain it to you

Well beyond that overdone persona there is absolutely nothing to suggest he is 'street tough' whatever the fuck that is.
I'm not saying you can't be tough and a good guy, but if you don't see the issue or contradiction I'm not here to explain it to you
There is nothing to explain, you are simply wrong. You came into the thread with your bigoted nationalism (about most American youth) and have been trying to spin this the entire time. I tried to address you civilly and you responded how you did. But the situation hasn't changed.

Nate has never tried to portray himself as a criminal. And there is no contradiction between being street tough and being a decent guy. And even more than that, trying to insult someone in any context for helping old ladies across the street and working with children is just ignorant.

Now you seem like a smart enough guy and I don't know if your motives are malicious or just misguided but you have no argument. Conor was wrong and by extension, you defending it makes you wrong.

There is nothing to explain, you are simply wrong. You came into the thread with your bigoted nationalism and have been trying to spin this the entire time. I tried to address you civilly and you responded how you did. But the situation hasn't changed.

Nate has never tried to portray himself as a criminal. And there is no contradiction between being street tough and being a decent guy. And even more than that, trying to insult someone in any context for helping old ladies across the street and working with children is just ignorant.

Now you seem like a smart enough guy and I don't know your motives are malicious or just misguided but you have no argument. Conor was wrong and by extension, you defending it makes you wrong.

Bigoted nationalism eh? Well isn't that quite a leap.
We'll agree to disagree, but...alot of people got the joke and interpreted it differently to yourself. I take your point though and see where your coming from, I'm just saying how it appears on the surface.
I have no doubt that behind it all the Diaz bros are good guys

It's a cultural thing too I guess, in Ireland and probably most of Europe when we see someone with the Diaz personality....we just see a walking charicature, it's the same dumb personality as the next thug, it's basically you saying I'm completely unoriginal but in order to put out a tough persona I'm gonna act exactly like the guy before me.....quite ironic seeing as they'll tell you how 'real' they are.

So in other words is pure assumption? Im european by the way, and I can make a distinction between the act a guy puts on (be it fake or real) and what they actually claim. Youre basically saying that Nate seems like a thug so you might just as well lump him togheter with gangster-wannabees that lie about shooting people, even though Nate has claimed nothing of the sort.

Bigoted nationalism eh? Well isn't that quite a leap.
We'll agree to disagree, but...alot of people got the joke and interpreted it differently to yourself. I take your point though and see where your coming from, I'm just saying how it appears on the surface.
I have no doubt that behind it all the Diaz bros are good guys
Yes when you disparage a huge portion of the population of another nation based on culture (and incorrect stereotypes on top of it) that is nationalism.

And as far as Diaz, you are confusing a criminal persona with a street persona. Not everyone that wears their hat sideways and wants to start talking "street" for lack of a better descriptor, is also trying to portray themselves as a criminal.

If you want to mock it for the ironic conformity it actually is or any number of other reasons that is fine. But be credible in your criticism.

Nate has never pretended to be a criminal or immoral or even apathetic (when it comes to the elderly or children). There is no contradiction. And honestly it's besides the point anyway as why would anyone try to put a negative stigma on being a good guy?

Is Conor's message to young fans that if you really want to be gangster (as he knows some try to act) and not a fake you shouldn't help kids or old people? At best, he didn't think it out as an insult or as an example. It's ok to admit it.

Last edited:
Back