You're a F*ck*ng Human Being... By Joe Rogan

Bill,
my favorite sherdogger is "talkshowonmute", but this post, along with all the cesar and diaz brothers stuff you post puts you at a close second.
very close

It's an honor to be mentioned in the same sentence as Talk Show On Mute. That dude cracks me up...

I would like to help GSparky. I am not trying to make fun of him. Sometimes a gentle nudge in a different direction can be beneficial.

I don't have any diseases. I am an extremely paranoid person & the causes of my paranoia is what I wont ever talk about. Maybe after I lose my weight & start training, I wont care & I'll share but right now, I'm very insecure about it & it is what caused me to drop out of school. It effects me 99% of the time that I'm out in public, that is probably one reason that my blood pressure was so high when I went to the doctor's.

I'm gonna guess that it's more likely the fact that you're nearly 400lbs at the age of 23 that is causing your high blood pressure. Jus sayin

I'm gonna guess that it's more likely the fact that you're nearly 400lbs at the age of 23 that is causing your high blood pressure. Jus sayin

that's part of it but it's not the answer to why my resting heart rate is so high. I get nervous as hell when I'm in public.

that's part of it but it's not the answer to why my resting heart rate is so high. I get nervous as hell when I'm in public.

Another reason you should start training.....to build confidence.

Gsparky sounds like he needs to see a shrink/therapist. I'm not saying that to sound like a dick, but it sounds like you have some kind of social anxiety disorder. They might be able to give you some medication to help you with these anxiety issues.

Gsparky sounds like he needs to see a shrink/therapist. I'm not saying that to sound like a dick, but it sounds like you have some kind of social anxiety disorder. They might be able to give you some medication to help you with these anxiety issues.

absolutely, without a doubt.

then once you address the issues that are preventing you from getting on the mat, they will have been addressed, and you can finally get on the mat and train! do the best you can, start at one or two rolls at the most and work your way up.

step 1) see a therapist

step 2) get on the mat, asap, and change (quite possibly saving) your life

step 3) come back and make your first post after your first practice and receive the biggest most awesome congratulations GSP thread ever.

What did people like GSparky do with their lives before things like YouTube and Hot Pockets existed?

I used to get nervous in public settings (bars, class rooms), probably not to the extent that you feel it. Just a small little knot in my stomach, it all changed when I started BJJ, it was truly the one place outside of very similar settings like home where I was really relaxed and not concerned with "screwing up". Again, I like no one else can experience what you are going through, but don't lump in a jiu-jitsu school with every other social setting, you've taken boxing already as mentioned, can't hurt to try bjj,

I like how someone did the Lil Wayne robot voice thing to make it more like singing. He makes some good points as well.

Great video, ty for posting. As usual the retards that inhabit this fourm have derailed it with ego.

I thought the video was stupid.
The more I watch Joe Rogan the more he gets on my nerves.
How is someone preaching about religion saying it is the true path to enlightenment and salvation, any different than someone preaching that anti-religion is the true path to enlightenment and salvation?
And not everyone who is religious is preachy and pushy. If I decide to believe in God and do so without forcing my view on anyone else, shouldn't Joe afford me the same courtesy?
I mean it isn't like he is some renowned philosophical guru.
He's a hack comedian who couldn't even keep the Manshow afloat.

Plus, GSparky strikes me as one of those guys who carries an assault rifle into his office mowing people down.

I can't speak about your agoraphobia or whatever you have there, but I know with the 40+ lbs I've lost so far, my resting heart rate dropped about 10 points. My blood pressure was high enough I could feel my heart beat in my neck, head, legs, wherever. Fast forward 40 lbs, I sleep better, I'm calmer, more relaxed in just about any situation. Work is higher pressure, but my blood pressure is now in the normal range, and doesn't skyrocket all the time.

I know I'm not a doctor, but it doesn't take one to see that if I lost 40 lbs and that happened, you losing 100+ (or whatever takes you back to being healthy) will pay even more dividends. Yes, walking is a good start, but in spite of your weight, you're young, and given proper nutrition and exercise, that weight will fall off.

I think in spite of the annoyance people show with you in this thread, it's quite telling that they're still talking to you. They don't want you to die at 35-40 years old. They see that you conceptually like BJJ. The problem is that you're into MMA like people are into pro wrestling. You collect events, instructionals and the like, but that's just like saying reading about baseball makes you a better commentator. This might be true at the highest levels, but I'd guarantee they've thrown a ball around as well. Not everyone here will be a world champ BJJ practitioner, but most will agree that blue & purple is something that's well within the grasp of anyone. Getting to those levels will give you real world experience, and you'll see those instructionals come alive. You'll see minutiae in matches you'd never have known was there. But really, I'm sure you've got your mental hangups, but the problem is you talk your game from the sidelines when everyone's just saying to step onto the field. While a few might throw challenges down, I'm sure if you walk into your local BJJ school, nobody's gonna prove a point on you unless you decide to start running your mouth. Just show up, train, and learn. Anything beyond that is you just bullshitting and trolling.

I thought the video was stupid.
The more I watch Joe Rogan the more he gets on my nerves.
How is someone preaching about religion saying it is the true path to enlightenment and salvation, any different than someone preaching that anti-religion is the true path to enlightenment and salvation?
And not everyone who is religious is preachy and pushy. If I decide to believe in God and do so without forcing my view on anyone else, shouldn't Joe afford me the same courtesy?
I mean it isn't like he is some renowned philosophical guru.
He's a hack comedian who couldn't even keep the Manshow afloat.

Plus, GSparky strikes me as one of those guys who carries an assault rifle into his office mowing people down.

I think JR was more just saying to look at what you're doing in your life, truly evaluate if it's the right thing to do, rather than just doing it because that's what's always been done. If course, he took about 4-5 mins to say it, but whatever.

I would like nothing more than to see him step on the mat but he never will because he won't take the excuses out.

At first months ago it was there were no world class bjj teachers. Then it was I will move to Houston to train under drac and box with Kenny Weldon or whoever.

Until he stops making excuses and starts to try and get help he will never change. He will always think he can't do it until xyz happens but he will never attempt step x to start.

Gsp just get up and get help, that is step one. Step foot on the mat asap and the weight will fall off. Your Bp is not high because of yor fears only being 400 lbs is a huge factor.

People hate excuses. In this forum, more than any other. It's as simple as that.

You will get more subscribers if you were actually fit or working your way there. People would you respect you more as a "f*ck*ng human being*" if you actually trained. It's all in your head. Once a week would be a start.

If you are afraid of training in public go pay for a private class. I don't care if you are 375 lbs, that's an excuse. I don't care if you do reviews and get a million hits. Would you rather be worshipped (as a reviewer) or respected by your peers?

If a girl who's like 110 lbs soaking wet in my class and roll everyday with purple belts and brown belts who are much stronger and bigger, there's no reason why a 375 lb guy can't roll due to simply being scared. This girl also, handles her own and beats quite a few people.

Man
the
f
up.

I wish I could slap you.

Have a good day.

milton.jpg

I guess I get that sparky has the right to review events and even document the evolution of which ever MA, despite not having any training. Most journalists dont have experience in what they are reporting on. Granted, when they have experience, they tend to have a greater perspective or offering of understanding they can give, but its not needed. Just like if a writer writes a book about an arsonist, I would rather read something from a former fire chief rather than an interested party... if that makes sense?

My biggest gripe was my first introduction to sparky was him spending a GRIP of money on instructionals, only to learn that he has never trained a day in his life. I tried understanding that mentality, but it would be like if I picked up an instructional on how to play drums, but never picked up a set of sticks... I couldnt understand it.

Then came "I plan on training when..." and then its "I will never train" but whatever, thats his life. Its sad because there is something special about training that he is missing out on and that sucks. Its not for everybody though, but everybody should at least try it to see if they get something from it.

Good luck sparky, I hope you get yourself healthy mentally and physically, youre too young to be like this, and seemingly not care...

A lot of you guys who are supposed to be representing Jiu-Jitsu and his "Future training partners" sound like Dicks and in the same breath ask him to start training. lol..your not selling it very well.

I think its good that he's starting to work out..its saving his life..the man was literally on a path to death. I hope he continues to loose weight and will begin to train and have training partners there to help him out and encourage him like I know they do at our gym.

I think it would be cool for you to document it to show that any one can do it and show how much you can accomplishment..having a video blog showing your progression will also keep you motivated on the days you don't feel like training because you know people will be expecting the blog.

I would like nothing more than to see him step on the mat but he never will because he won't take the excuses out.

At first months ago it was there were no world class bjj teachers. Then it was I will move to Houston to train under drac and box with Kenny Weldon or whoever.

Until he stops making excuses and starts to try and get help he will never change. He will always think he can't do it until xyz happens but he will never attempt step x to start.

Gsp just get up and get help, that is step one. Step foot on the mat asap and the weight will fall off. Your Bp is not high because of yor fears only being 400 lbs is a huge factor.

I agree. The reality is that there is never a perfect time to do anything. If you sit around and wait for things to happen, shit passes you by, big time. At some point the frustration of not being where you want to be has to be greater than than the comfort of being stuck. I hope that happens soon for GSparky.

A lot of you guys who are supposed to be representing Jiu-Jitsu and his "Future training partners" sound like Dicks and in the same breath ask him to start training. lol..your not selling it very well.

I think its good that he's starting to work out..its saving his life..the man was literally on a path to death. I hope he continues to loose weight and will begin to train and have training partners there to help him out and encourage him like I know they do at our gym.

I think it would be cool for you to document it to show that any one can do it and show how much you can accomplishment..having a video blog showing your progression will also keep you motivated on the days you don't feel like training because you know people will be expecting the blog.

This is very important. Last month I told GSparky that having training be a motivating factor for getting into shape to enjoy it better is a good thing. A blog could be a good thing for a lot of people. I would definitely watch a video on someone going through a big change like that.

I don't think people are trying to be dicks about anything. I think some people just feel annoyed, and it's important to see that side as well.

Back