You're a F*ck*ng Human Being... By Joe Rogan

I agree with 75% of what he said in the video

not really that funny for a comedian.

This was fucking hilarious! The daft punk in the background was the funniest backing music ever. Joe Rogan is one smart Frat-Boy. His ideas sound what a smart stoner would say, which is what he is. Plus he's very easy to understand.

Yeah it's funny that he rails against religion for being too preachy and then ends up doing the exact same thing himself.

I thought the video was stupid. It also had nothing to do with grappling.

I've noticed that seems to be a running theme with most people who rail against religion. I think they dislike the idea of someone other than themselves being preachy.

I've noticed that seems to be a running theme with most people who rail against religion. I think they dislike the idea of someone other than themselves being preachy.

Yeah a stand up comedian/announcer who talks a lot

Stop the presses.

That's kind of a silly thing to say. One could argue that any given person with an opinion and a mouth fits that category.

Last edited:
I agree with most what is said...

But isn't his speech going down some road or another?

I agree with most what is said...

But isn't his speech going down some road or another?
i think he's saying to pave your own path and do what makes you happy regardless of what society wants you to do.

Turned it off after a minute or so. What a load of shit. Maybe be more accepting of other cultures and open minded yourself you fcking toolbag Rogan. Anyone who thinks this is inspirational is a fcking idiot.

lol, it still gets to me that he writes about grappling but doesn't do any grappling. Im being a dickhead again.

Well just to blow your mind some more. Later this year, I'll be purchasing all the ADCC events on DVD, along with the rest of the No-Gi World Championships & No-Gi Pans. I'll also be purchasing all the Grappler's Quest. I'll also be purchasing Thousands of $$$$$$$$$ on Boxing Career DVD's. Then I'll be waiting for Zuffa to finally release Ultimate Ultimate 95 & 96 on DVD.

After this happens, I have a youtube channel call The Gorilla Kingdom Fight Network & I'm gonna start by giving a full history of MMA by reviewing every single UFC, PrideFC, Dream, Sengoku, WEC & Strikeforce events. I'll also be reviewing all the Grappling Events, you would be able to find better people for that but no one on youtube reviews them. Also the history of BJJ & Submission wrestling & explaining the story behind the rivalries, though I still have so much to learn. Also I'll be breaking down the history of boxing. (I May invest in all the Ring Magazines ever made to help with this.)

I'm hoping to have a well rounded combat sports show with a lot of videos. My info will be gathered from watching the events, reading books, newspaper/Magazine articles & from interviews. Hopefully it turns out ok.

Maybe in the future, I'll consider reviewing K-1 Kickboxing events also. We'll see what happens.

If your intent is to have a review show or whatever, but practice any MA, how can you critique an instructional?

Yeah it's funny that he rails against religion for being too preachy and then ends up doing the exact same thing himself.

I thought the video was stupid. It also had nothing to do with grappling.

People are generally quick to point out hypocricy on this board to defeat a point being made, but that isn

If your intent is to have a review show or whatever, but practice any MA, how can you critique an instructional?

I'm not sure if I plan on putting instructional reviews up or not, I definitly wont in the beginning. What I look for in an instructional is way different then what someone who trains is looking for. What I look for is first, who is the one giving the instructions & what are his credentials. 2nd, how good is the instruction & since I have never trained in BJJ or submission grappling, is the instruction good enough to show me how to do the moves.

People who train are usually looking for something that can add to their game, or supplement their game. If you train, the instruction doesn't have to be as good because you already have an idea of what the instructor is telling you to do. I believe that what I'm looking for in an instructional is vastly different then someone who trains & that is why my opinion may differ from someone who trains. But like I said, I don't plan on putting any instructional reviews up, definitly not in the beginning.

Did Jim Lampley ever box? Their are a lot of people who watch a ton of football but never really played for a team. It happens.

Keep in mind I am just being the devils advocate, but I also think that you can like and analyze a sport without doing it yourself. Even color commentary IMO. Obviously, you gotta step down when someone who has actually been in there is telling you you are wrong, but that doesnt mean you cant make proper judgements.

Did Jim Lampley ever box? Their are a lot of people who watch a ton of football but never really played for a team. It happens.

Keep in mind I am just being the devils advocate, but I also think that you can like and analyze a sport without doing it yourself. Even color commentary IMO. Obviously, you gotta step down when someone who has actually been in there is telling you you are wrong, but that doesnt mean you cant make proper judgements.

I wouldn't really have a problem with him commenting on a sport he is interested in.

However, he didn't comment on anything relevant to grappling here. He posted a stupid rant by Joe Rogan that he said he found inspirational. I guess it was inspirational for the grappling training that he doesn't actually do?

I'm just sick of people posting these stupid things by Eddie and Joe as if they are somehow relevant to grappling because Eddie and Joe are grapplers. I don't care about Joe Rogan's theory of the universe. I don't care about how Eddie thinks voting is an illusion.

I don't post my instructor's views on religion here because they're not really relevant to grappling. What Joe Rogan thinks about religion isn't relevant either.

Instructionals and actual sports are two completely different things, only one of which I asked about.

Yeah a stand up comedian/announcer who talks a lot

Stop the presses.

That's kind of a silly thing to say. One could argue that any given person with an opinion and a mouth fits that category.

I didn't say "talks a lot". I said "preachy". There's a difference. Sam Kinison was a stand up but he wasn't preachy(though he had once been a preacher). The recently deceased Robert Schimmel was a great stand up and he wasn't preachy. Bill Hicks was very preachy though he often railed at others for the same affliction. A dude told me once that we hate about others what we hate about ourselves. And the older I get, the more I find him 100% correct.

Thanks for posting this. It would be cool if my review on BJJ & Submission wrestling events caused other BJJ & Submission Wrestling fans to step up & do their own reviews. There are some people on sherdog that I truely listen to because I know for a fact that they role & that they know what they're doing.

If Mikey Triangles ever started doing reviews or ever corrected me on one of my videos on a technical level, I would try to fix my mistakes. I just have a hard time listening to someone who is hiding behind their screen name trying to correct me, who knows if they have ever rolled.

There are way more knowledgable grappling people then me by far, hopefully I will inspire them to start doing their own reviews. Submission Grappling gets like 1% coverage compared to Boxing & MMA. Hopefully that will change in the future.

I didn't say "talks a lot". I said "preachy". There's a difference. Sam Kinison was a stand up but he wasn't preachy(though he had once been a preacher). The recently deceased Robert Schimmel was a great stand up and he wasn't preachy. Bill Hicks was very preachy though he often railed at others for the same affliction. A dude told me once that we hate about others what we hate about ourselves. And the older I get, the more I find him 100% correct.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from. Joe does talk a lot, and can come off as preachy at times, but I do like him. I think he'd be fun to chill with, and he is easily the best MMA commentator ever. Obviously, that has nothing to do with this post, which also doesn't seem to have anything to do with grappling so...

I guess carry on ya'll.

Also, That's a badass signature buddy.

Back