Your vinyl collection

KYS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
EC7C8DF9-D576-479A-9D13-EE6FDAC200B4.jpeg

It’s small but it’s mine.

Rate and post your own. No excuses.

I have 1 vinyl my mom randomly got me for Christmas this past year. It's a live woodstock recording. I don't know a record player and she was like "I think people like to hang them on the wall now"

I have 1 vinyl my mom randomly got me for Christmas this past year. It's a live woodstock recording. I don't know a record player and she was like "I think people like to hang them on the wall now"
<{anton}>

Talk about a quality over quantity guy.

Good thread! I was meaning to make one for ages! Will take a pic and post soon.

Not the biggest collection, or the clearest photo lol, but here is mine:

Jk0MDeE.jpg

I'd say it's a solid 7/10 and growing still.

Last edited:
Not the biggest collection, or the clearest photo lol, but here is mine:

Jk0MDeE.jpg

I'd say it's a solid 7/10 and growing still.
Miles Davis? Fleet Foxes? Could not read the rest lol.

Nice, mang!

IMG_20180430_085103.jpg

These are from my mixing and DJ-ing days so it's all Drum & Bass, Reggae, Roots/Dub, Hip Hop and a bit of House/Techno. I just use mixing programs on my laptop now as vinyl has become too expensive. I still buy the odd limited edition Reggae plate every now and then.

I bought myself a Lenco L85 this morning. I figured it was best to buy a budget record player until I have a decent vinyl collection, which is currently 2 records - Transformer and Exile on Main Street. I kick myself everytime I think of the records I had when I was a kid and swapped out for cds.

Here's my collection:

EmptyBookshelf.jpg

I've got the exact same collection. What are the odds...!?

I was never into collecting. I did have quite a few CD's back in the days, but they didn't survive me moving to different appartments and the emergence of Spotify, torrents and the likes.

What I was listening to last night. Sleep's Holy Mountain
C5GWJSR.jpg

And here is my main vinyl collection. Someone at work awhile back was throwing away this vinyl record storage bin and realized I'm a huge record collector and gave me it. I have another box in my closet with another decent amount of records.
JAIAEJa.jpg

Lastly I had a client at work give me his collection of records which included every first US pressing of Ozzy era Black Sabbath as well as first US pressings of other artists around that time too. The reason I got into record collecting and listening in the first place is due to my dad who gave me what he had left of his collection (Led Zeppelin, Billy Joel, The Doors, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Jethro Tull, Steely Dan, The Bee Gees and much more). Oh I also have like 10 or so Yugoslavian records from when Josef Tito was in power. My family is Croatian and I noticed a lot of them are propaganda music and the likes.

My collection is an eclectic mix of Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Stoner Doom Metal, Doom Metal, Prog Rock, Ambient House, Disco and everything in between. My musical taste has grown as I gotten older. I'd have to say though my most prized possession is the Doors debut album signed by all four members of the band when they were all alive. That I keep locked in a box because I don't want it to get ruined

And that bag on the side is one of my two acoustic guitars I have. That one is a travel guitar

I bought myself a Lenco L85 this morning. I figured it was best to buy a budget record player until I have a decent vinyl collection, which is currently 2 records - Transformer and Exile on Main Street. I kick myself everytime I think of the records I had when I was a kid and swapped out for cds.
I did the same thing. Lenco is decent for a budget player it seems.

What I was listening to last night. Sleep's Holy Mountain
C5GWJSR.jpg

And here is my main vinyl collection. Someone at work awhile back was throwing away this vinyl record storage bin and realized I'm a huge record collector and gave me it. I have another box in my closet with another decent amount of records.
JAIAEJa.jpg

Lastly I had a client at work give me his collection of records which included every first US pressing of Ozzy era Black Sabbath as well as first US pressings of other artists around that time too. The reason I got into record collecting and listening in the first place is due to my dad who gave me what he had left of his collection (Led Zeppelin, Billy Joel, The Doors, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Jethro Tull, Steely Dan, The Bee Gees and much more). Oh I also have like 10 or so Yugoslavian records from when Josef Tito was in power. My family is Croatian and I noticed a lot of them are propaganda music and the likes.

My collection is an eclectic mix of Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Stoner Doom Metal, Doom Metal, Prog Rock, Ambient House, Disco and everything in between. My musical taste has grown as I gotten older. I'd have to say though my most prized possession is the Doors debut album signed by all four members of the band when they were all alive. That I keep locked in a box because I don't want it to get ruined

And that bag on the side is one of my two acoustic guitars I have. That one is a travel guitar
That doors LP is indeed priceless man. Huge.

Just listened to dopesmoker yesterday. Wednesday evening I‘ll see Weedeater live.

Ever listened to OM? Cisneros from Sleep is a member. I got their latest album „Advaitic songs“ on vinyl, it’s dope because it’s 45 rpm.

That doors LP is indeed priceless man. Huge.

Just listened to dopesmoker yesterday. Wednesday evening I‘ll see Weedeater live.

Ever listened to OM? Cisneros from Sleep is a member. I got their latest album „Advaitic songs“ on vinyl, it’s dope because it’s 45 rpm.
Oh, hell yeah I love OM. They go great with edibles. Conference Of The Birds is my favorite work of theirs. Have you heard the new Sleep yet? I been listening to it nonstop and find it to be a worthy successor to Dopesmoker.

Oh, hell yeah I love OM. They go great with edibles. Conference Of The Birds is my favorite work of theirs. Have you heard the new Sleep yet? I been listening to it nonstop and find it to be a worthy successor to Dopesmoker.
Only listened to a few tracks so far. Will check it out in more detail.

I've just started making some how to videos about how to be a record dealer

Here's the first vid

Miles Davis? Fleet Foxes? Could not read the rest lol.

Nice, mang!

Ya you got two at least lol.

I've got all kinds of stuff, mix of reissues (when I first started buying records and didn't know much) and original/older pressings, as well as a few modern artists (who I tend not to buy on vinyl) like Fleet Foxes. Got some jazz (three Miles LPS, Mingus Ah Um, Take Five, Soul Station), lots of 60s and 70s rock, folk, arty type stuff etc.(Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Rolling Stones, Velvet Underground, Blood, Sweat & Tears, Osbisa, Brian Eno, David Bowie, Hendrix, Nick Drake, John Martyn, Popol Vuh, Fela Kuti etc.), some 80s stuff (mainly Talking Heads, but also some african stuff - two compilations and one record by King Sunny Ade, as well as some Paul Simon worldbeat stuff, Graceland and Rhythm of the Saints).

Have other artists/LPs that I am forgetting but that's off the top of my head!

Back