Your Unique GOAT

Leagon

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I just redownloaded Rome: Total War. I love that goddamn game.

Anyway, that got me thinking that I could prpbably argue that Rome is the greatest game of all time and very few people would agree.

Which got me thinking about Ace Combat 4. Its not even my personal favorite game (FF7), but I wouldn't have any problem arguing it as the goat, and I think i'd be entirely alone in that.

So thats what this thread is about. What is a game that you think may be the best of all time that you are confident NO ONE else would agree with you about?

TW Rome was so good at the time....

I can't really argue with you. I got it on steam recently and was marvelling how well it holds up.

I played the newer reiterations of TW and they didn't seem to catch that lightning in a bottle.

Kind of like how COD4-MW will always be the GOAT fps for me.

There's some great mods for it too.

For open world sandbox games, GTA3 blew me away, but Vice City was almost perfect.

fftacticspsx_CaseFront.jpg

I think a lot of people probably enjoyed this one, but I doubt anyone else would necessarily rate it as the GOAT. For me personally, this is easily my favorite game of all time, hands-down. Great storyline, fun mechanics and replayability off the charts. In fact, I think I'm due for another run through.

Oblivion by far. Most fans of Elder Scrolls either like Morrowind or Skyrim, but Oblivion is my absolute goat
latest

-The theme/atmosphere of this game was fable like and vibrant/magical
-different environment with uniqueness (unlike skyrim which was bleak and plain)
-great array of enemies (unlike skyrim which was basically just bears, wolves, bandits, and spiders)
-greatest dlc of all time in the shivering isles
-fun guilds that were better than skyrims

Overall nothing touches this game for me

Back