MMA fan93

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
For me:
UFC 217
UFC 199
UFC 189

Yes, I might be called a newb, but so be it. Been watching since UFC 153, and these are the three that spring to mind.

148- Silva VS Chael 2 was the first ppv I bought.
Shogun VS Chael- was my favorite fight night, it was stacked with Conor, Faber, and Reem. The whole card was stacked.
WSOF 2 was incredible live.

UFC 1 and 2
Pride 1

lol Just fronting! I have no idea.

UFC 1, because it happened and changed everything.

UFC 31 was a great one, I'll never forget Carlos Newton bulldog-choking the title from Pat Miletich.

UFC 83. Record attendance at the time, GSP regaining the title that he'd never relinquish again, and 2 decisions all night, only 3 of 11 fights going past round 2.

Honourable mentions:

UFC 100 for the quality of that card
UFC 129 for a night of great fights and crazy finishes all over that card, including my all-time fave finish, Machida going Karate Kid on Couture.

UFC 94
UFC 165
UFC 189
UFC 205

Oh. That was 4.

UFC 254 - Khabib/Gaethje

UFC Vegas 11/Fight Night 178 - Colby/Woodley, Khamzat one punch knockout

UFC 245 - Colby/Usman, Petr Yan/Faber

A little recency bias here...

Bonus: UFC 229 - fifth round of Khabib/Conor

I could make a whole list of events, but in hindsight I think I will always remember 229. The hype. The antics. The raw hate between fans. The post fight drama. My grandmother asked me if I had heard about this “khabib fellow” jumping over the fence and She’s never watch a fight in her life. It had that kind of massive impact. When we look back at this sport in 20 years a lot of these rivalries will have fallen to the side, and we won’t remember all the details. We will always remember Conor Vs Khabib. It transcended the sport, and became a global culture event. It became what the ufc and mma had been trying to become for the 15-20 years they’ve been around.

I do think that event where masvidal threw that knee at Askren, it flowed very well. Great event.

The event with Izzy vs KG and Poirer vs Holloway. Two absolute wars on the same night.

Those are certainly the ones in the last couple years.

UFC 104 - First event I ever remember seeing in full, was a casual before that where i'd only ever watch Chuck fights pretty much. Have probably only ever missed a few events since. Even as a newbie to the sport at the time I could have probably told you Shogun got robbed.

UFC 199 - Great card from start to finish and being from the UK Bisping was always one of my favourite fighters. To see him get the belt was a top 3 MMA moment for me, add in a great card and Hendo elbowing and head kicking Lombard to oblivion.

UFC 207 - I remember the atmosphere in the arena for the main being absolutely insane. Khabib subbing Conor, the brawl after, Lewis's comeback KO on Volkov. 5am UK time I was running on fumes by the time of the main and didn't think I was gonna keep awake, thank god I did seeing that live.

Shoutouts to UFC Bisping vs Silva just for being there live. UFC 194. UFC 207. UFC 168

UFC 1 - this changed everything.

UFC 100 - Brock at the height of his popularity, Mir, GSP, Hendo, Bisping. Card not only was great on paper, it fully delivered.

The Ultimate Fighter Season 1 - Truly helped with the marketing of future stars and again ... had fights that delivered. Griffen/Bonnar's war still is amazing to watch even today.

Pride Final Conflict 2005
Pride GP 2000 Finals
UFC 217
UFC 100

UFC 229 AND 126 are honourable mentions

UFC 1 - this changed everything.

UFC 100 - Brock at the height of his popularity, Mir, GSP, Hendo, Bisping. Card not only was great on paper, it fully delivered.

The Ultimate Fighter Season 1 - Truly helped with the marketing of future stars and again ... had fights that delivered. Griffen/Bonnar's war still is amazing to watch even today.

Hell yeah, if we're adding in TUF seasons then TUF 1 is what got me into the sport, got it on a cheap dvd from a cash converters. I'm adding that in. Perfect introduction to the sport for absolutely anyone, even for a casual Dana explains the rules perfectly so anyone can follow.

maxresdefault.0.jpg

McGregorDiazArt.jpg

r687414_1296x729_16-9.jpg

Pride Final Conflict 2005
Pride Shockwave 2004
UFC 134
UFC 139
UFC 189

Can't list 3, gotta do 5. No order in particular.

UFC 2
Final Conflict 2005
Not sure on a third

Back