Your top 3 glove brands you have owned

so you felt the fairtex didnt have good enough padding? weird i heard nothing but great things about them and considered getting a pair

I personally felt that the padding on the BGV9 was too thin, I wouldn’t say it was too hard as such. I am very much in the minority with this opinion it seems so don’t let my experience stop you from buying them. I have just bought the Rival RB80 bag gloves and they are better for me in every department than the BGV9..........and they are cheaper.

I personally felt that the padding on the BGV9 was too thin, I wouldn’t say it was too hard as such. I am very much in the minority with this opinion it seems so don’t let my experience stop you from buying them. I have just bought the Rival RB80 bag gloves and they are better for me in every department than the BGV9..........and they are cheaper.

What oz gloves were you using out of curiosity?
I only ask because I bought my BGV9's after I broke my knuckle and used them on the comeback trail and they quickly became my favorite glove.

What oz gloves were you using out of curiosity?
I only ask because I bought my BGV9's after I broke my knuckle and used them on the comeback trail and they quickly became my favorite glove.

I was using the 14ounce BGV9. I used them probably every other day at least and the knuckle issues they gave me compounded over the 3 months or so I owned them. Even on mitts they gave me trouble but on heavy bag they became unusable. Again just my experience, plenty of people feel the exact opposite.

I was using the 14ounce BGV9. I used them probably every other day at least and the knuckle issues they gave me compounded over the 3 months or so I owned them. Even on mitts they gave me trouble but on heavy bag they became unusable. Again just my experience, plenty of people feel the exact opposite.

Yeah I was using 16oz after my hand injury. I've never tried 14oz only 12oz and 16oz.

I really want to get some smaller gloves than 16oz for my next set. Is there really a big difference to go from 16 to 14 or 16 to 12?

I really want to get some smaller gloves than 16oz for my next set. Is there really a big difference to go from 16 to 14 or 16 to 12?

In my opinion there is a noticeable difference moving from 16oz to 12oz.

In my opinion there is a noticeable difference moving from 16oz to 12oz.

I second this between 16 and 14 it's negligible but between 16 and 12 you can definitely notice it.

Has anybody tried Royal Boxia out of Italy? They have really nice stuff if you checkout their Instagram @royalboxia17 and they aren't douchey like DiNardo.

1. Rival RB11 X-Large (14oz). Really comfortable, make good fists, smooth and spongy inner lining, but they stink.
2. Boxeo lace up 16oz
3. Sabas pro series 16oz

I had fairtex bgv14 14oz in the past but i sold them because they didn't give good wrist support. Hurted my wrist while working on mitt. Not sure what's wrong

Last edited:
Has anybody tried Royal Boxia out of Italy? They have really nice stuff if you checkout their Instagram @royalboxia17 and they aren't douchey like DiNardo.
They are super cheap so anyone know anything else about them

Here are my top 3 by category:

Sparring:
1) Winning MS600 (only laceups)
2) TopBoxer (Win1 and Flores clones)
3) Boxeo lace-up training gloves

Pro fight gloves:
1) Grant punchers’ model
2) Rival RFX Guerrero SF-F
3) Cleto Reyes traditional pro fight gloves

Bag and mitt work:
1) Cleto Reyes training gloves
2) Profesional GIL training gloves
3) Rival RFX Guerrero HDE-F bag gloves

Last edited:
Here are my top 3 by category:

Sparring:
1) Winning MS600
2) TopBoxer (Win1 and Flores clones)
3) Boxeo

Pro fight gloves:
1) Grant puncher’s glove model
2) Rival RFX Guerrero
3) Cleto Reyes

Bag and mitt work:
1) Cleto Reyes
2) Profesional GIL
3) Rival RFX Guerrero Velcro bag gloves
Do you have any pics/quick review of the Flores clones?

78A57A44-DEF5-44C4-9BC4-0BD92FC70699.jpeg D5249373-CFA9-4C3A-8024-F65950E622C0.jpeg 1EC25DC3-337F-4754-B6A1-7740BF8D7F35.jpeg
Do you have any pics/quick review of the Flores clones?
Here you go. I should also note that these are filled with a relatively high density fiber material, as opposed to actual animal hair. It provides better padding and keeps its shape much longer than horsehair, while still allowing the gloves to have the same look as the traditional Flores. I don’t think I would want to spar in actual horsehair these days.

View attachment 670249 View attachment 670251 View attachment 670253
Here you go. I should also note that these are filled with a relatively high density fiber material, as opposed to actual animal hair. It provides better padding and keeps its shape much longer than horsehair, while still allowing the gloves to have the same look as the traditional Flores. I don’t think I would want to spar in actual horsehair these days.
These look sweet, very classic "Made in the USA" type of glove look & design. Much better looking that the other Old School Boxing Gloves type that TB has on his site which looks humongous and Carlos (csquared) said was too soft and pillow for proper, functional use.

These look sweet, very classic "Made in the USA" type of glove look & design. Much better looking that the other Old School Boxing Gloves type that TB has on his site which looks humongous and Carlos (csquared) said was too soft and pillow for proper, functional use.
Yeah, I know the gloves you’re talking about, and I’m not a big fan of those either. I think I remember reading once where TopBoxer said those gloves are clones of a 1950’s Everlast or Benlee model, like the type of training gloves that would have been used back in the Marciano days. The Flores clones I have are based off gloves used in the 70’s and 80’s for the most part, so I’m assuming a lot of improvements had been made in boxing gloves during that 20 to 30 year period since the 50s. TopBoxer can make these Flores clones for anyone who requests a custom pair. You can choose basically any color or color combination you want, and he can attach the thumb or leave it unattached based on your preference.

Yeah, I know the gloves you’re talking about, and I’m not a big fan of those either. I think I remember reading once where TopBoxer said those gloves are clones of a 1950’s Everlast or Benlee model, like the type of training gloves that would have been used back in the Marciano days. The Flores clones I have are based off gloves used in the 70’s and 80’s for the most part, so I’m assuming a lot of improvements had been made in boxing gloves during that 20 to 30 year period since the 50s. TopBoxer can make these Flores clones for anyone who requests a custom pair. You can choose basically any color or color combination you want, and he can attach the thumb or leave it unattached based on your preference.
How does the mock horse-hair fiber feel in the padding? I was hearing some good things about TB's fiber padding, some people online was saying it feels great in protection and feedback without weighting the glove down. I heard his orthopedic padding is great too, thin but super protective (more than the Win1 one guy mentioned.) Too bad the padding is more expensive than usual and so far I only seen him use it in his classic bag mitts/glove.

it's not more expensive, it'd be the same as any other
Nice~ I might try out a custom pair in the future then. I remember initially the custom pricing for orthopedic padding was like $20-$30 extra, but I guess that's in the past.

How does the mock horse-hair fiber feel in the padding? I was hearing some good things about TB's fiber padding, some people online was saying it feels great in protection and feedback without weighting the glove down. I heard his orthopedic padding is great too, thin but super protective (more than the Win1 one guy mentioned.) Too bad the padding is more expensive than usual and so far I only seen him use it in his classic bag mitts/glove.
I am a fan of the fiber padding, although I must admit that it’s kind of hard to think of what I could compare it to. I guess the closest comparison I could make is the padding on the SF-F model of Rival’s RFX Guerrero fight gloves. Now obviously those are 8 and 10 ounce fight gloves, so the padding on these 16 ounce sparring gloves is going to be a lot thicker and more forgiving. But the actual feel of the padding is very similar.

I second this between 16 and 14 it's negligible but between 16 and 12 you can definitely notice it.
Is the difference in the hand compartment or just the weight and amount of padding? I am looking at finally getting a pair of dedicated pad/bag gloves that offer good protection so am seriously looking into the bgv9’s. I would like to get them lighter at 12oz but some have said the hand compartment is much smaller compared to the 14 and 16oz models (I have medium heading towards the large side hands I would say).

Back