Your Top 10 Albums of 2018

m96jjd.jpg

Now that 2018 is coming to an end I would be interested in your favorite releases of this year.

Here's my list:
#1 Anna von Hausswolff - Dead Magic
4250506827809.jpg

#2 A.A.L (Against All Logic) - 2012 - 2017
#3 Emma Ruth Rundle - On Dark Horses
#4 Julia Holter - Aviary
#5 Beach House - 7
#6 Sleep - Leagues Beneath
#7 Idles - Joy As An Act Of Resistance
#8 DJ Koze - Knock Knock
#9 Tim Hecker - Konoyo
#10 Snail's House - L'été

<SelenaWow> What kind of flat liner isn't rocking Blue Hollow in 2018 ??

m96jjd.jpg

<{1-17}> Your list is like you stacked and grilled 10 different cat turds on end and basked in their tart aromatics .

Only someone with a case of severe asperger's would ever care so much about somebody else's taste in music. Begone pleb

m96jjd.jpg
Only someone with a case of severe asperger's would ever care so much about somebody else's taste in music. Begone pleb

<DirkMavs> Lol, says the guy who made a thread asking for other people's top 10 for 2018 !!

<Y2JSmirk>THINK - THEN POST.

As you were, green horn.

m96jjd.jpg

<DirkMavs> Lol, says the guy who made a thread asking for other people's top 10 for 2018 !!

Of course. I'm always looking for more good music. You got triggered because my taste in music is better than yours

Rivers Of Nihil blew my mind. I discovered them few weeks ago, amazing band. On of the best records that I heard in recent years, fuck, maybe even one of my all time favorites.

Rivers Of Nihil blew my mind. I discovered them few weeks ago, amazing band. On of the best records that I heard in recent years, fuck, maybe even one of my all time favorites.
Such an amazing album indeed.

Evolution by Alexis Ffrench

http://www.alexisffrenchmusic.com/

01-309392.jpg

UK contemporary pianist and composer Alexis Ffrench marks his return with his brand new studio album Evolution.

This stunning new album sees Alexis propel himself to yet further heights, Evolution features a host of guests, from international classical harpist Lavinia Meijer and Boston-based electro folk duo Tall Heights; to The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra under the baton of Adam Klemans.

Speaking of the themes and meaning behind the new album, Alexis Ffrench says: “‘Evolution’ is inspired by the extremes and inherent fragility of the human experience - loss, love, birth, sorrow, vulnerability, triumph and despair but, above all, our ability to come through adversity and radiate the best versions of ourselves. This album explores the beauty that lies beneath and the truths that bind us.”

m96jjd.jpg

Of course. I'm always looking for more good music. You got triggered because my taste in music is better than yours

<LikeReally5> My dood, what part of 10 cat turds DON'T you understand ??

I couldn't rank them, except for Sleep.

#1 Sleep - The Sciences
Corrosion of Conformity - No Cross No Crown
The Sword - Used Future
Saxon - Thunderbolt
Judas Priest - Firepower
Clutch - Book of Bad Decisions
Voivod - The Wake
Metal Church - Damned If You Do
Joe Satriani - What Happens Next
JD Allen - Love Stone

A slightly weak year for music to me. I love top 10s though for discovering new bands. Here's mine...

1. Beach House - 7
2. Snail Mail - Lush
3. Metric - Art of Doubt
4. Ghost - Prequelle
5. A Perfect Circle - Eat the Elephant
6. The Go Team - Semicircle
7. Editors - Violence
8. Franz Ferdinand - Always Ascending
9. MGMT - Little Dark Age
10. Florence + the Machine - High as Hope
There is enough on this list that I enjoy to make me want to check out the rest. Cheers, ye of good taste.

Riverside - Wasteland

Duda is on his way to being one of the greatest musicians of all time. Here is a song from his other band Lunatic Soul.

Forgot about Riverside. I have their first 2 albums and kinda lost interest. Sounds like they still have it though. I'll grab this one.

Numbered, but in no particular order....

1. Amen Dunes - Freedom
Amen%20Dunes:%20Freedom%20.jpg

2. Ryley Walker - Deafman Glance
Ryley%20Walker-%20Deafman%20Glance.jpg

3. Father John Misty - God's Favourite Customer
Father%20John%20Misty:%20God%E2%80%99s%20Favorite%20Customer.jpg

4. RURA - In Praise of Home
inpraiseofhome.jpg

5. Virginia Wing - Ecstatic Arrow
Virginia%20Wing-%20Ecstatic%20Arrow.jpg

6. Red River Dialect - Broken Stay Open Sky
616892484042_T36638634850054.jpg

7. White Denim - Performance
whitedenim.jpg

8. Ty Segall - Freedom's Goblin
Ty%20Segall_Freedom's%20Goblin.jpg

9. Gwenno - Le Kov
600x600bf.png

10. Courtney Barnett - Tell Me How You Really Feel
Tell%20Me%20How%20You%20Really%20Feel.jpg

lots of other good stuff like Phosphorescent, Parquet Courts, Haley Heynderickx etc.

Thank you for introducing me to ryley walker. Anyone who can construct a song like this on an acoustic is right up my alley

After listening to some of his other stuff I can really hear the influences of Bert jansch and John Martyn in his music. I'm hyped right now man--Jansch and Martyn are two of my absolute favorite acoustic guitarists/songwriters.

I'll have to check out some others on your list.

Last edited:
The last Urfaust is awesome, but yeah, even in the doom/black scenes it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Sleep is a pretty obvious choice too, glad to see it on several lists and can't wait for their two special shows at the Roadburn.

Wiegedood confirmed how insanely they are at black metal

In a different style, Current 93 did great with The Light is Leaving us all.

I should now add this, one of my absolute favs from last year!! Brilliant!

a2336397456_16.jpg

But I missed it then, only heard it January. Brilliant, catchy punk.

Can't say I listened to a ton of new music last year.

Black Peaks, Zeal and Ardor, Yob - all put out good albums but that was about it for me.

Back