Your thoughts on Kyler Murray?

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

As a baseball and a football parent...if my son was athletically blessed enough to get drafted in the first round by the NFL and MLB I would advise him to play baseball because of safety and brain health. And in Kyler Murray's case he could have leveraged his Football ability to quickly be moved from AAA ball to a major league roster with the implied threat that he could leave imho.

if the dude was 3 inches taller he'd have the same hype guys like Michael Vick, and Cam Newton had coming out of college. that said height at the quarterback position is a lil overrated I'd take a 5'11 Russell Wilson over a 6'8 Brock Osweiler any day

thoughts?

WARKYLER!!

Anyone that takes him over Haskins is insane, let alone taking him over Bosa

Average athlete who excels at easy to play sports.

Anyone that takes him over Haskins is insane, let alone taking him over Bosa

agree Haskins seems like the better fit..tbh dual threat quarterbacks don't do it for me in the NFL. Guys like Vick, slash, Vince young. have been use to "out athleting" every body else on the field since they were in little league. they get to the NFL and you've got cats like Jadeaveon Clowney that can run a 4.4 forty ffs.

Average athlete who excels at easy to play sports.

okay i'll bite..

Ahem...sir consistently Hitting major league pitching, and by consistently I mean 3/10 is considered the single most difficult thing to do across all sports.

Playing Quarterback at a high level at Div1 NCAA, and the NFL is considered one of the most difficult feats in sports sir.

shoulda picked up the bat.
a year or two in the minors then on to the show.
play 10 years, make millions, retire healthy.

go to the NFL, suffer career ending injury.
sell insurance.

I think he should go baseball. If he go football he not be like Russell, but like Tim Tebow. People just like him because he is short, and give him under dog status.

I think he should go baseball. If he go football he not be like Russell, but like Tim Tebow. People just like him because he is short, and give him under dog status.

yeah..if you have the skills to play baseball that's what you should go with that guaranteed money if Bryce Harper or Manny Machado break their leg or get cut tomorrow baseballs still has to pay up hell i think Bobby Bonilla is still getting paid lol

How many football games have you guys actually watched Kyler play?

I think he has his dad in his ear about all the guaranteed money (signing bonus) he can make in the NFL. He could still possibly go back to baseball at some point.

Regardless, he's a much better athlete than Tim Tebow, Vince Young and might be very close to a young prime Michael Vick. At least at the college level.

He's a much better overall athlete than even Baker Mayfield is . . . he may not have the body of a Haskins, but I think in the right situation he'd be just as successful.

I think he has his dad in his ear about all the guaranteed money (signing bonus) he can make in the NFL. He could still possibly go back to baseball at some point.

Regardless, he's a much better athlete than Tim Tebow, Vince Young and might be very close to a young prime Michael Vick. At least at the college level.

He's a much better overall athlete than even Baker Mayfield is . . . he may not have the body of a Haskins, but I think in the right situation he'd be just as successful.

I'm so sick of hearing "next michael vick"
Vick was one of the smartest QB's in the game when he burst on. It's not just about speed, you idiots.

Well his arm speed and athleticism combo is hard to compare to anyone in the past 20 years but Vick. as dual threats go I think he has more sizzle than Russel Westbrook or Johnny manziel for a guy his size i think he has a better arm and speed as far as the eyeball test than Dak Prescott....if he can stay healthy He will be a star

Well his arm speed and athleticism combo is hard to compare to anyone in the past 20 years but Vick. as dual threats go I think he has more sizzle than Russel Westbrook or Johnny manziel for a guy his size i think he has a better arm and speed as far as the eyeball test than Dak Prescott....if he can stay healthy He will be a star
<bball1>

I think he's a better athlete than Baker, but I think Baker is a better QB and has infectious leadership/charisma that a team can rally behind. That being said I am incredibly intrigued by Kyler and can't wait to see what he can do.

reading this thread and watching tv sounds like way more cynics hate him because he is short weird underdog

rooting for him and Baker

Last edited:
okay i'll bite..

Ahem...sir consistently Hitting major league pitching, and by consistently I mean 3/10 is considered the single most difficult thing to do across all sports.

Playing Quarterback at a high level at Div1 NCAA, and the NFL is considered one of the most difficult feats in sports sir.

Not sure to take this post as sarcasm or not as it's difficult to detect over text.

Sorry, but no, both "sports" are so comically easy that even a rudimentary athlete/mind could excel at either with brutal ease. There's a reason why baseball players are abject fatasses with limited athletic prowess.

You strike me as a fan who hasn't ever played either of the sports you purport to have knowledge regarding.

Back