your thoughts and comments please

half light

White Belt
Reaction score
well guys i don't know from where to start but recently i m going through some very bad moments of my life,so much problems with solutions and so much stress,when i feel bad and almost cry,i just get my gloves on and start hitting the heavy bag,over and over while crying and full with emotions....doing that for few weeks,every time i get to the breaking point,just few days ago i got into a confrontation with someone and the only thing that prevent me from punching him in the face was him wearing glasses( i did not want him to be blind after the broken glasses get into his eyes)...the thing i noticed was i always getting intimitated by people bigger than me and that person was once of them,i always avoid confrontation with anybody! so what did really happened to me? do you think the first thing i mentioned hitting the heavy bag thing has anything to do with it?

I don't think English is half light's first language.

I also can't figure out what he is asking at the end.

are you saying you are not afraid of confrontation anymore?

yes i m not afraid of confrontation anymore,there is something mnetaly has changed since i started doing the heavy bags while i m just so sad ,mad,depressed,i feel like i will destroy anybody who gets on my way!

i think i m getting tough,so i was wondering what do you guys think!

you are not getting tough. you are getting unstable. deal with your issues before you make very unwise decisions.

you are not getting tough. you are getting unstable. deal with your issues before you make very unwise decisions.

This by a lot. You are exhibiting reckless behavior. When I got super depressed I stopped wearing my seat belt because I just didn't give a fuck. I was not impervious to dying in a car wreck, just didn't care if I did. It almost cost me my life too.

yes i m not afraid of confrontation anymore,there is something mnetaly has changed since i started doing the heavy bags while i m just so sad ,mad,depressed,i feel like i will destroy anybody who gets on my way!

dude, that is just plain stupid, I hope someone who gets on your way smash your ass so bad, just to make you realize the inmature human being you are.

dude, that is just plain stupid, I hope someone who gets on your way smash your ass so bad, just to make you realize the inmature human being you are.

^^^^^ dick.

TS: it can be part of being depressed, reckless behaviour, as said.

I crashed my car to see if I could feel something, I should have seen a doctor. A short pescription of dep meds gave me the space to sort myself out.

It's not you, its something your going thru. Seek help. It really helps..

If you're for real, not a troll, seek professional help (psychiatrist) now,not tomorrow,now,no joke. Real depression is serious. That feeling of being stuck and nowhere to go is pretty serious and can lead to either you harming yourself or someone else.

This has nothing to do with the heavy bag. At all. If you realize you're depressed, realize that depression can turn into all sorts of emotions, not just sadness. You almost got into a needless fight because you're depressed. No need to look into it further.

I would focus on resolving crying all the time issue first.
People pick on nice calm joyfull people.

Know that by not fighting back to a bully.
You are telling him: ''I know it was hard when dad left mom but there ya go, have a quick self esteem fix untill you beat someone else''.
Surprisingly getting your ass kicked is a good cure for bullies.

That said, a peacefull solution is always the best answer to any conflict.
Sadly there are no conflict in bulliyng.

well guys i don't know from where to start but recently i m going through some very bad moments of my life,so much problems with solutions and so much stress,when i feel bad and almost cry,i just get my gloves on and start hitting the heavy bag,over and over while crying and full with emotions....doing that for few weeks,every time i get to the breaking point,just few days ago i got into a confrontation with someone and the only thing that prevent me from punching him in the face was him wearing glasses( i did not want him to be blind after the broken glasses get into his eyes)...the thing i noticed was i always getting intimitated by people bigger than me and that person was once of them,i always avoid confrontation with anybody! so what did really happened to me? do you think the first thing i mentioned hitting the heavy bag thing has anything to do with it?

What shit are you goin thru? The good part is, first, you atleast hit the bag and took out your aggression on it. Second, you didn't hurt yourself or someone else.

TS if your really depressed i hope you get better.It's a terrible thing.
Do not take it out on anybody,be strong.The world's pretty nasty man.
Even if your a boxer or tough guy a weakling will take a gun to your face if he was humiliated/beat up.
Stay away from others.

Last edited:
TS, you should find a councilor who can give you advice. Stay strong.

There is always a way forward. All advice seems shallow, especially in generalities, but I do mean it. Maybe you could use some outside perspective.

If you can't afford a proper pyschologist, how bout ring up a free mental health hotline?

Boxing can help relieve stress and negative emotions but its best to do it in a controlled environment under constant supervision (i.e. join a proper gym) AFTER you become more stable.

Good luck.

If you enjoy hitting the bag and feel lost, try finding a boxing club or going to the gym. These things add direction and purpose to your life, along with friendship.

Find mature ways to deal with your situation. Talk to your parents. Try to think about what's bothering you specifically, and figure out how to overcome it. I hope this helps.

Back