Your team can lift you off the ground and help you to the stool?

AcademicTornCommongonolek-max-1mb.gif

Who was that? Looks like the fella said enough is enough.

How the fuck does that apply to what happen? They didn't disrupt a fight because it was between rounds, and they didn't distract or influence the actions of a referee.

There have been a million fighters helped to their corner in some degree. If a cornerman wants to carry their fighter to the corner to save them energy or something, who cares?
If he can't get back to his stool, the fight is over. His corner carried him on to the stool, therefore it influenced the refs decision to let him continue to fight.. how hard is that to understand?

After round three or four, Ortega looked done and just layed on the ground looking unconcious for a long time until his team scooped him up to the stool. Then, after that, he also got extra time to recover while the doctor looked at him.

Anyone find that sketchy? Is there some rule saying you need to be able to get up yourself between rounds?
I think luck played a big part of it. Ortega was lucky the round ended in his corner, so he was exactly where he was supposed to be. He had nowhere else to go.

Let's say the round ended somewhere far away from his corner, his team would have to drag him halfway across the octagon. The fight would probably be stopped right there.

After round three or four, Ortega looked done and just layed on the ground looking unconcious for a long time until his team scooped him up to the stool. Then, after that, he also got extra time to recover while the doctor looked at him.

Anyone find that sketchy? Is there some rule saying you need to be able to get up yourself between rounds?
I'm glad it went the whole 5 because we got to see a great fight. I find it interesting to compare this fight to the Usman vs Colby fight. That fight was called very quick. Colby still had fight left in him. I guess Goddard wanted to keep Colby safe. White privilege or Dana White privilege or they hate Colby?

Should have been stopped. But it is what it is.
Bad loss for TCity. Feel sorry for th guy.

That fight started to feel like an attempt at a fix when they gave Ortega not one but two extra recovery periods to try and recover.

You're meant to be able to make your stool independently and get off it again 30 seconds later.

If you can't, ref should waive the fight off as a stoppage.

Back