Your team can lift you off the ground and help you to the stool?

Honestly the Marlon fight went on way longer than it should have as well, but dude popped up like the Undertaker at the end of the round and surprised people lol.

There's no specific rule against it. But the ref has the ability to stop the fight based on what he sees between rounds.

Honestly that was so dumb by his corner. Peeling him off the canvas just to get more brain damage and lose a 50-44 instead of a 3rd round TKO. Just bleed indeed

People making up rules lol
There is nothing in the rules stating what happened was a foul
This is not the first time it's happened in a fight either

Seems like in-between rounds Ortega couldn’t see. First Brian tried to turn his head to see the number. Then Brian says the wrong number “2”. His corner then tells Brian “1!” And Brian says one. Then Herb dean let’s him fight lmao.

That’s if I was hearing correctly. Did anyone catch that? I could be totally wrong.
Either way Herb Dean is like the gold standard of doubting yourself and bad reffing lol
Herb Dean had money on Ortega , Daaaaaaaa

Yeah uh. I cracked up when they yanked him onto the stool, but when Herb was questioning him whether or not he could go to the 4th round, I was legit concerned for the dude. Regardless of the semi-comeback in the last 10 seconds of round 5...it should've been a TKO between rounds 3 and 4

id agree with pushing him on if he was much older.

Ortega is young and this isnt boxing, mma title shots are handed out like candy. Dude has taken 2 potentially career ending beatings now going for that belt.

he’s at the absolute pinnacle of his career. Almost finished volk before and after.

these guys know what they signed up for. Sure stop the fight if a guy is out of it. Which you don’t have to do in mma as you can just turtle up. Give your back up and get choked out.

even the announcers were saying oh that was his Hail Mary. He’s done. It’s like no. He’s trying to end the fight and if he doesn’t he’s still not going to take that Avenue out.

shit. Ortega had solid round 4 and 5. And volk was worse for the wear when the final bell rung.

and Ortega isn’t just some dude. He’s had great comebacks not won on cards but finishing the opponent while trailing.

and he almost had volkanowski done several times.

And you don’t know what your talking about with the 4 oz gloves. The heavier the gloves the more brain trauma as you can take many more blows to the head. That’s why AIBA doesn’t require headgear for any amateur boxers at the age of 19 on.

How many guys have succumbed to an mma fight And died from being hit over and over with 4 oz gloves?

what about when gloves weren’t mandatory and you could kick and knee guys on the ground?

how many boxers have died this year?

so for instance James Toney has never been knocked out.

allistair overeeem knocked out over a dozen times. Toney knocked down like one time.

both with the same amount of times

who do you think brain is worse for the west.

Not to mention he layed there for like a full 5 seconds after the round ended

People making up rules lol
There is nothing in the rules stating what happened was a foul
This is not the first time it's happened in a fight either
Wait. Not getting up to to go to ur corner IS tho. He layed there for five solid seconds, got lifted by his corner and plopped onto the stool. Can't imagine what would've happened if his corner of the octagon was across the cage. Woulda just dragged the body

I don't know that there is a specific rule against it.
But I agree if he can't get to his feet after the bell its the same as not being able to stand when the ref tells you to.

The other thing that bothered me is the doc evaluations giving extra recovery time.

Those doc evaluations are so common. It gives time and I agree. But safety precautions.

you don’t see it as much as most mma fighters will just quit. Like Ortega could have rolled to his back. Or cupped his hands to his ears and laid in his stomach like moraes.

but Ortega still fighting and wanting to Finn so it’s an anomaly in mma today.

That rule doesn't seem to apply to picking up your fighter.

Whether it should or not is another question
Not so sure. Picking him up after laying limp implies he can't do it on his own... He's not the king of Egypt in 200 BC where he has a group of men carrying him everywhere

Seems like in-between rounds Ortega couldn’t see. First Brian tried to turn his head to see the number. Then Brian says the wrong number “2”. His corner then tells Brian “1!” And Brian says one. Then Herb dean let’s him fight lmao.

That’s if I was hearing correctly. Did anyone catch that? I could be totally wrong.
Either way Herb Dean is like the gold standard of doubting yourself and bad reffing lol
I didn’t notice but my girlfriend was very confused. Kept telling me he said two

Weili's corner did that once and they literally picked her up and put on her stool, nothing too big was made out of it.

he’s at the absolute pinnacle of his career. Almost finished volk before and after.

these guys know what they signed up for. Sure stop the fight if a guy is out of it. Which you don’t have to do in mma as you can just turtle up. Give your back up and get choked out.

even the announcers were saying oh that was his Hail Mary. He’s done. It’s like no. He’s trying to end the fight and if he doesn’t he’s still not going to take that Avenue out.

shit. Ortega had solid round 4 and 5. And volk was worse for the wear when the final bell rung.

and Ortega isn’t just some dude. He’s had great comebacks not won on cards but finishing the opponent while trailing.

and he almost had volkanowski done several times.

And you don’t know what your talking about with the 4 oz gloves. The heavier the gloves the more brain trauma as you can take many more blows to the head. That’s why AIBA doesn’t require headgear for any amateur boxers at the age of 19 on.

How many guys have succumbed to an mma fight And died from being hit over and over with 4 oz gloves?

what about when gloves weren’t mandatory and you could kick and knee guys on the ground?

how many boxers have died this year?

so for instance James Toney has never been knocked out.

allistair overeeem knocked out over a dozen times. Toney knocked down like one time.

both with the same amount of times

who do you think brain is worse for the west.

Brain damage takes a while to kick in. In most cases it starts a few years after retirement. Overeem will have a tough time as he ages i can almost guarantee that.

As for Ortega this is the second severe beating hes had in relatively short time. weve seen guys broken from less. I respect how he fought back and was winning at the end, but i still dont think it was best to let him keep fighting.

Back