your striking background

i know asian guy who legit thinks that shits real he does muay thai too is aid why do you waste your time doing kick boxing if you think dim mack works

Probably because he doesn't want to instantly kill someone when he has to defend himself, so he needed to learn a less deadly art.

Kung fu (long fist and wing chun) and muay thai my two main styles.

But also krav maga and capoeira. And a little MMA/shootfighting.

Jits lead to kickboxing which lead to mma which lead to boxing. 15 years on the mats now. 3 ammy fights (1 mma, 2 boxing) and a decade of coaching. Coaching fit me Better so The last 4-5 years I’ve been all in on that.

Now a days you can find me hustling pads and teaching mma striking out of Portland, Oregon. I’ve got a Gal fighting July 11th on fight island and a few Bellator athletes who were told to be ready for late July.

I am a master of the Dim Mak

hqdefault.jpg

View attachment 778511

<3>

41%2B6ZUU9H3L._AC_.jpg

You cucks stay simpin hating on real pimpin

When they see the affliction shirt, and catch how I describe working out as training and reference it in every sentence,... the girls can’t help themselves they know what’s up
Really. Chicks just think I'm a violent psychopath, must be the dog bite on the face, or the fact that I'm always rocking the no skin on the knuckles look. Not that I don't get a bit of action but...

the grappling forum had this felt the striking forum should too where post your time trained what arts

i started off boxing 2004 when was 12 or 13 didnt take it serious till 14 coaches son was my age had 2 so almost all of us coming up were same age and around same size so was great started to do mma at 16 in 2007 i still trained my boxing separate though would go 4 days a week after grappling/mma was done

I studied & trained in Isshin Ryu Karate for close to three years beginning when I was 12. Then I switched to Tae Kwon Do for two years before beginning my amateur boxing career at 17. After I turned pro a few years later I began to train at a hybrid boxing/kickboxing gym & within a year I earned my black belt shortly before my lone professional kickboxing bout. A draw with the Canadian light middleweight champion. All told, I had close to 60 fights as an amateur & pro. Then, after retiring from the ring I began training in Kajukenbo ( aka Hawaiian Kempo ) in order to stay active & earned my black belt in the system in just under two years. A year later, I also became certified in the Israeli combative system of Haganah ( a blend of Krav Maga & other martial arts created by Mike Lee Kanarek ).

I studied & trained in Isshin Ryu Karate for close to three years beginning when I was 12. Then I switched to Tae Kwon Do for two years before beginning my amateur boxing career at 17. After I turned pro a few years later I began to train at a hybrid boxing/kickboxing gym & within a year I earned my black belt shortly before my lone professional kickboxing bout. A draw with the Canadian light middleweight champion. All told, I had close to 60 fights as an amateur & pro. Then, after retiring from the ring I began training in Kajukenbo ( aka Hawaiian Kempo ) in order to stay active & earned my black belt in the system in just under two years. A year later, I also became certified in the Israeli combative system of Haganah ( a blend of Krav Maga & other martial arts created by Mike Lee Kanarek ).

Any of those fights on Youtube?

Any of those fights on Youtube?

No, sir. My pro fights were pretty much all undercard bouts that took place before the televised portion of the card or they were on cards that weren't televised at all back in the '80s & '90s. Except for one of my last fights that were taped by the USA Network as part of the old Tuesday Night Fights show. It wasn't broadcast but it was recorded for airing had the main event ended early. Unfortunately, it went the full 12 rounds.

Afterward, I tried like hell to get a copy of my fight but to no avail. I even had my pal, Sean O'Grady attempt to get it for me but he came up empty too.

No, sir. My pro fights were pretty much all undercard bouts that took place before the televised portion of the card or they were on cards that weren't televised at all back in the '80s & '90s. Except for one of my last fights that were taped by the USA Network as part of the old Tuesday Night Fights show. It wasn't broadcast but it was recorded for airing had the main event ended early. Unfortunately, it went the full 12 rounds.

Afterward, I tried like hell to get a copy of my fight but to no avail. I even had my pal, Sean O'Grady attempt to get it for me but he came up empty too.

Yeah that's a shame. What was the Taekwondo school you joined for 2 years? Was it any good?

Have you any experience in getting old vhs and dv fights converted to digital format?

Yeah that's a shame. What was the Taekwondo school you joined for 2 years? Was it any good?

It was a Jong Park Institute outside of Buffalo. Which was considered the best TKD school in the area back at the time. back in the mid to late '70s. The last I knew they were still in business.

It was a Jong Park Institute outside of Buffalo. Which was considered the best TKD school in the area back at the time. back in the mid to late '70s. The last I knew they were still in business.

Cool. How did you kickbox in that lone match you had? Did you mix everything you knew?

Have you any experience in getting old vhs and dv fights converted to digital format?

No, sir. There was a time when I planned to do so with a couple of my amateur fights that survived the stone age on VHS but my daughter has them now at her place in New York. So, I'm going to have to ask her if she plans on the having them converted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back