Your reason for wanting Bellator to fail?

I don't know about fail, but I would like to see some crossover to see guys like chandler and alvarez have the chance to really be called the best in the world.
The friction and business of the two orgs makes it way too difficult for that to happen.

Definitely don't blame bellator from wanting to keep their talent out of the hands of zuffa, but its still a shame.

I don't. I want them to succeed.

Would love to see Bellator grow. Fighters need better options.

I don't want Bellator to fail per se but if Zuffa bought BFC and turned it into a feeder org I wouldn't be upset. They have done an amazing job of creating superstars from scratch but I believe said homegrown talent has outgrown Bellator. Douglas Lima, Michael Chandler, Eduardo Dantas, Pat Curran and Patricio Freire all made their names in Bellator but they have reached the absolute greatest heights to which Bellator can take them. They belong in the UFC, it's kind of like being on the jv team when you're obviously better than 90% of the main squad

I want the ppv to fail so they keep just having free fights on tv I can watch.

I don't know about fail, but I would like to see some crossover to see guys like chandler and alvarez have the chance to really be called the best in the world.
The friction and business of the two orgs makes it way too difficult for that to happen.

Definitely don't blame bellator from wanting to keep their talent out of the hands of zuffa, but its still a shame.

This. Be cool to see more crossover/cooperation between these two.

I feel they are too fake. They try too hard and try to make guys like King Mo into a superstar when he has looked lackluster every fight. The Kimbo Killer fight was brutal, but if King Mo was the monster they make him out to be, he should be doing that to better fighters. Emanuel Newton looked terrible and slow in their second fight and Mo had nothing for him.

Basically, Bjorn talks too much shit. Saying they had better ratings than a show on Fox Sports 2 in Brazil. Congrats, Spike had more ratings than a brand new channel that everyone doesn't have. Talking shit on how the culinary union should be against the Fertitas. Basically he keeps fighting a battle he cant win and wont be realistic about the situation. Once he calls himself and Bellator number 2 I might feel better

I don't like small orgs that are a dead end for prospects. the best should fight the best and for that they need to go to the UFC.

Did you want pride to fail in order to see Fedor vs Timmy and Shogun vs Randy?

that comparation is an insult to Pride

If I had the money ATM I would for sure buy the PPV. Bad timing on my side.

Their matchmaking is alright, as of lately though Bellator has been signing UFC washouts and promote fighters who have no business being promoted the way they do. As entertainers they are doing everything they are supposed too, as a mixed martial arts promotion they fucking blow.

They put on some good fights and provide a small amount (it's very small, to be honest) of promotional competition which I think is important (I'm not going to get into the rather arduous and boring discussion of what promotional monopolies of elite MMA mean for the sport and so on). In the LW, FW, and BW divisions, there is genuinely elite talent in Bellator, as well, and good fights here and there (perhaps the greatest fight in MMA history occurred under the Bellator banner).

This. Good post.

If you wan Bellator to fail you support Monopoly's, you should question your priorities

People here want to see the UFC fail too. It's the most batshit thing.

Ya seeing Alvarez vs Chandler 1 and 2 really showed a gross waist of talent.

So they are going to fight each other 3 times a year? Awesome! Sounds like fun, you enjoy that.

For the record I was glad when Pride was bought, and same with WEC, which is the 2nd best MMA org of all time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back