Your reactions when Volk escaped those 3rd round subs.

I kept waiting for him to go limp from that mounted guillotine. His head was purple. How the fuck he fought through that is beyond me.

Apparently Volk's strat was to hold his breath long enough for T-City's arms to burn out.

<AckbarTrap>

I was definitely surprised, I thought there was a chance Alex would escape from the Guillotine, but I thought for sure that Ortega had the fight won when he locked in that Triangle. 95% of fighters would have either tapped or passed out from that. No one can deny that Volkanovski is one of the pound for pound best fighters in the world right now. That said, I still think Max should have won their second fight and I think they should do a trilogy fight, assuming that Max can get past Rodriguez. Which he most likely will.

I'm sure it was good technique that got him out of it but ridiculous strength as well, he just somehow seem to power out.

I had faith Volk would get out but i was also like

zEgQotz.gif

I was definitely surprised, I thought there was a chance Alex would escape from the Guillotine, but I thought for sure that Ortega had the fight won when he locked in that Triangle. 95% of fighters would have either tapped or passed out from that. No one can deny that Volkanovski is one of the pound for pound best fighters in the world right now. That said, I still think Max should have won their second fight and I think they should do a trilogy fight, assuming that Max can get past Rodriguez. Which he most likely will.
Yep the triangle looked tight as fuck

My first thought was " If you get caught in a sub..You fucked up"

I watched the fight with my gf, and was explaining to her how Ortega can be getting the shit kicked out of him, and snatch a neck from out of his ass. It happened mere seconds later. And I was seriously concerned for a few seconds. Then Volkanovski escaped so I was explaining how he had gassed his arms. Then he grabs a triangle. Amazing to watch with my gf. And I know my reaction was probably a lot like most of you.

Considering his head was turning purple, he was gurgling, and was floundering around like a fish on dry land I’d say you’re really underselling it here.
Yup it looked like he was absolutely fucked with no way out. I think Ortega's arms honestly just gave out from exhaustion.

He did the right thing by circling to the right to relieve the pressure. Fedor tried that against Werdum but hit the cage and got stuck.

SakuGOAT was able to save himself against little Nog that way too.

There was a moment he stopped moving while he was in the guillotine

I thought that was over

Legit like this

My mind was blown how he didnt pass out from the triangle or guillotine...i needed and still do need know how he did it ...impressive as fuck

You think the triangle was closer to getting the stoppage? Was the guillotine for me that looked like it had Volk dead to rights.

Back