Your reaction when Jones took down DC?

The feeling of utter awesomeness overwhelmed me.

He took him down after he gassed, but it's funny that DC said "He ain't taking me down, I'm going to take him down and let's see how he deals with that".

I think DC had an adrenaline dump but nevertheless Jon had a damn near perfect match, dude is a beast.

mjlolspitafozedeb_zpsffyy8vt4.gif

It was great, especially so early in the fight. And those two back-to-back takedowns later in the fight were awesome, too.

Those weren't really impressive throws, more like pulls and slippages...a suplex would be impressive. :rolleyes:

Nonetheless, it did seem to affect DC's confidence in the second part of the fight.

MMA fighters should never feel too attached to a particular part of the game, even if that is their "best weapon". Because if someone outstrikes them or outwrestles them in their own game, they will unnecessarily lose confidence. They should focus on the whole mix and on winning the game.

This tbh.

It was impressive, but lets not act like it happened in the first round, or two.

He did take him down in the first round...

The fact that he "gassed" shouldn't matter anyway... Olympic wrestlers aren't supposed to be taken down by JUCO wrestlers. At least that's what sherdog told me.

dan-quinn-mma-violin-player-o.gif

I was spun so naturally I stood up and shadow boxed

My reaction was that DC lost. By then it was pretty obvious that he was gassed out and doing little. It's unfortunate, but hey, somebody will come for Jones one day. Happened to Fedor, happened to Anderson, it'll happen to Jones.

He did take him down in the first round...

The fact that he "gassed" shouldn't matter anyway... Olympic wrestlers aren't supposed to be taken down by JUCO wrestlers. At least that's what sherdog told me.

It's MMA and he used the cage. How does him gassing not matter?

Back