Your reaction: The UFC decides to stop producing TUF seasons

TUF has gone downhill since it left Spike...it's actually kinda sad when you think about it.

One of the main reason nobody watches TUF anymore is the production of it has gone downhill, combined with they are putting too many of them out now. There's like 3 TUFs in a year it seems....the best strategy is to produce as few shows as you can get away with to build more of an impact. A good example is Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I think they only do like 7 episodes a year, but for those 7 episodes they go full force.

I think they should go back to only doing one series a year. On top of that, they probably need to switch cable companies again.

In addition to the above, they need to go back to putting the show about the house...more drama = more views. Look at the first few seasons of TUF - it was filled with drama...we learned each fighter's personality. Fighters like Chris Leben (who have never became dominant) became a house hold name, because we loved his personality.

You can blame it on luck of the show for finding such unique people during the first few seasons of the show but I think it's just bad strategy. Too many shows = less talent. I've always watched TUF up until a couple seasons ago or so, actually after it left Spike I started losing interest.

A really big contributor to its lack of success are the legends retiring, such as Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes, Brock Lesnar, etc....a lot of people don't realize what these big names have done to the UFC in general. Boxing was the same when it lost Mike Tyson. Golf was the same when it lost Tiger Woods for a short while. UFC lost alot of interest over the last 2-3 years or so. TUF has suffered somewhat because of it.

But to answer your question - I think they should stop it for a year or 2 and hire new producers, etc and retool the show more towards drama (like the first few seasons) and only do one series a year.

Also please take note I am only offering advice based on what I think the UFC can do to attract more of a market. Let's face it, drama creates a show more so than focusing more on fighting. Show should shift from 70% fight 30% drama to maybe 60% drama and 40% fighting or 70% drama and 30% fighting.

I haven't followed some TUF seasons due to lack of interest either in the coaches or fighters on the show, but I could honestly careless if they cancelled it or not.

If you don't enjoy TUF, why not just ignore it then?

It makes no sense to cancel it. THey get good ratings and they still find good talent from it. I think there's great talent in the Can vs Aus group.

Plus it's a good show one of the best reality shows on tv

Honestly, if they just make BJ one of the coaches every season for the rest of the shows existence, I'd watch all of them, and the show's popularity will sky rocket. I'm sure of it.

Back