Your reaction if Ronda knocks out Holm in the first round

16hmcyg.jpg

Depends how it was achieved. A standing KO would be legitimately shocking. A ground and pound KO after a throw (a la Alexis Davis) would be impressive but not as surprising.

Utter disappointment as Holm is the only one that can truly challenge her.

Ho-hum. All it would prove is what we all already know, Holm isn't ready to fight Rousey yet. I think Holm has potential and the credentials to back it up but she hasn't looked great in her couple fights in the UFC.

Holm has been fighting in mma for longer than Ronda, and that's after being one of the greatest female boxers of all time. She's also 33. She's as ready as she's gonna be.

Sherdog neckbeards will call Holly a "Can". Cause Shertards gonna Shertard

She's not a can when it comes to striking. If Ronda knocked her out standing it would say a lot of good about Ronda's striking.

But if Ronda submits her well... Holm is a shitty grappler. That wouldn't be impressive.

I don't think we see a knockout.

Aish aish aish, judo throw, tap.

I'm expecting Holm to last no more than 2 minutes

No surprise. As much as I dislike Ronda, she's way ahead of the rest of the division, which is pretty bad.

Depends how aggro Rousey comes out. She's a host to top level athleticism but HH is a whole new game. Holly is intelligent and depends on how much grit she has. Going to be interesting but it won't end in 1 round unless Rousey dictates the pace of the fight. Even so, Rousey has to respect HH but this won't go past 3 rounds max.

If it does then Holly has a chance. Either way this will be the best fight/challenge of Ronda's thus far.

I would be shocked, because Ronda has only ever KOed grapplers ...and Bethe.

She has good power but no defense and no real footwork, which will make it real difficult to strike with Holm (minus in the clinch of course).

I will call her a can after her last two horrible performances. She should still be relegated to the pre-lims.

I don't want to watch her lame ass kicks that don't go anywhere near her opponent followed by her stupid Tae Kwon Doe kia! grunts. God, she's annoying.

Is normal. I think if Ronda struck with her longer and tko'ed her in the second or third then that would certainly be impressive. But Holly will get bullied fast and we wont see such thing.

I wouldn't be surprised. Ronda has shown that she doesn't like to feel out her opponents and is not afraid to brawl.

I'll have a better reaction if Holms knocks her out in the 1st rd.

Ha!

I don't see R2 KO'ing H2 in the first...not with H2's footwork and fight IQ.

An armor is highly likely, but I DEFINITELY don't see H2 getting KO'd by R2, regardless of how "amazing" R2's hands are these days!

Right now; "Ronda by whatever" isn't unbelievable in her weight class.

She's way ahead on skills and continuing to improve. Someone is going to have to have a decently rounded skill set and a striking/movement discipline on or close to Ronda's judo level to stop her.

Ronda's movement, and her division overall, is fucking garbage. Thing is; she doesn't need it because everyone else has shit movement too.

She'll likely be champ as long as greener pastures don't show up, and if they don't, "old" will be an excuse by then.

I think it has a real chance of happening. Mine is gonna be this

post-30824-Jack-Nicholson-Creepy-Nodding-SRXv.gif

I can easily see Rousey knocking Holm out. Holm has no power at all in her punches and only has KO ability with her head kicks. Rousey will walk right through Holm's pillow punches and will take her out fast.

Imagine this thread two years ago when shertards were claiming Holm would easily KO Rousey and that the UFC was protecting Ronda by not signing her lol.

I would be very impressed if Holly Holm gets caught in the first round. I would expect her to keep a good distance and not throw any kicks higher than a low shin while jabbing and circling to the right. I'm hoping (and betting on) this fight to go into at least end of round 2 if not into round 3. I have placed bets for it to end in round 2 and round 3.

Back