Your reaction if Bernie wins Democratic Nomination and a Republican wins presidency?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by SouthoftheAndes, Aug 12, 2015.

1. My reaction will be one of laughter and an (I told you so).

But seriously. Does anyone think this can happen? People didn't think Bush Jr could win a second term and he did.

If 2012 is any proof of the country's shift a Republican could win.

Obama won in 2008 by 9.5 million votes, 365 electoral votes and carried 28 states.

Obama won in 2012 by 4.9 million votes, 332 electoral votes, and carried 26 states (Romney carried 24).

And now look at 2014 elections (Governor, Senate, House). For all our criticism of the Republican party they are very spread throughout the country and gerrymandering has helped them a lot.

So the possibility of a Republican president in 2016 taking throne in January of 2017 is a reality.

2. This is something that could realistically happen. Bernie fans want him so bad so lets say hypothetically he wins the Democratic nomination and then gets OWNED in the national election. What would your reaction be?

3. Commissar

Commissar Gold Belt

Wouldn't you have had to "tell someone so" to play the "I told you so" card?

4. faustian

faustian I'M NOT A MONSTER Platinum Member

It'll be rad seeing those explosive BLM plumpers crashing his acceptance speech, state of the union addresses, etc

5. Rex Kwon Do

Rex Kwon Do ál-ḥámdúlílláh

6. Prime Ang

Prime Ang Kang Banned

Bernie has a better chance than Hilary. The more Hilary is on TV and in the public eye, the more she falters. 2008 proves this when she was the favorite and beat by a relatively unknown black guy.

7. Maybe you are right. Or maybe you are wrong. I am starting to think Bernie fans don't even care if a Republican wins the presidency, they seem more fixated on bashing Clinton or anyone who is reasonable (even Joe Biden or a Kerry run).

If this keeps up we might as well prepare ourselves for a Cruz/Bush presidency!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Prime Ang

Prime Ang Kang Banned

Doesn't matter, the GOP candidate is going to win no matter who it is. Honestly, as a conservative, I'd rather the GOP nom go up against Hilary. She squanders under pressure and it'll be hilarious to watch her vanish into obscurity.

9. NRFC

NRFC Brown Belt

The voting demographics of the USA are heavily democrat favored...not going to get into it... but having Barry and Hillary as their two options is fucking tragic.

And the GOP is an even bigger clown show. There's so much noise going on with Trumps distraction, I can't tell if any of those candidates are viable.

I can't think of a time where the options were worse.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  10. People saying a Republican can't win are living in a fantasy. Obama and Clinton or a Joe Biden appeal to more people than Bernie does. Sanders as the democratic nominee SEALS the fate for a Republican presidency (imo).

11. NRFC

NRFC Brown Belt

Also... are the Dems really taking Biden serious as a candidate?! I can't think of a bigger baffoon than him. Really he's more ridiculous than Dan Quayle was with Bush.

12. Prime Ang

Prime Ang Kang Banned

Crazy liberals vote for crazy liberals, that's why Biden would be a good fit for the party.

13. Commissar

Commissar Gold Belt

I'd pay money for your Presidential election to be between Bernie Saunders and Donald Trump.

14. Rex Kwon Do

Considering how dependent Canada is on the US, I wouldn't if I were you.

15. Jack V Savage

Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

16. If America goes down in flames you can be sure that Canada will as well. I am invading British Columbia as will most gun faring Americans if sh#t hits the fan. Can't stop +40 million gun totting Americans!

America!

17. MoparOrNoCar

MoparOrNoCar Black Belt

Bernie is a strange case because he is about the only candidate that you can say truly cares about the well being of the American people.

On the other hand some of his principals are so insanely far from that of the American people that it makes it difficult to vote for him.

18. Rex Kwon Do

Bernie would probably annex Canada in the name of proletarian internationalism.

19. Commissar

Commissar Gold Belt

As long as the 40 million of you don't vote in Canada and turn our elections into the farce you've turned yours into, we'd welcome you with open arms!

20. IDL

IDL Gold Belt

Maybe not, but they can be demotivated with enough pot