Your Pre-Workout Supplement Choice.

Chad Hamilton

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
There are many here that ask about NO2, ECA, Esterfied Creatine, etc. for their pre workout needs in expectations of intense training sessions and looking like a pin-up.
However, not many ever mention what they actually use. I know KK uses Diet Pepsi, Madmick does the 4 to 1 dextrose to whey thing mix, and I choose 100% Columbian.

My question is this:
What do the rest of the experts choose for their pre-workout supplementation.

I use esterified creatine and look like a pin-up.

My workout partner uses caffeine pills and looks less sloth-like than normal.

Whole food. Some chicken and rice just before leaving, then a granola bar or couple of cookies in the car on the way to the gym.

Cup of coffee with heavy cream and a protein shake (usually pro performance 100% whey) with a tablespoon of EFA oil.

If i'm on No-xplode,then i'll take that,works really well as far as getting souped to hoist some weights. I'm on an off cycle right now so it's a pro shake and some fruit about an hr before training. If i'm really feeling like crap and have to get a workout in i'll tap into my supply of stacker 2 and 3 w/ephedra and take a 1/2 capsule. I only take a whole if i'm at the hospital w/ no sleep!!

bdweezil6998 said:
Cup of coffee with heavy cream and a protein shake (usually pro performance 100% whey) with a tablespoon of EFA oil.

Heavy cream huh? How is that, I use half and half. Am I missing out?

I second the vote for NO-Explode. Protein shake about 50 minutes before workout. NO-Explode 30 minutes prior.

I get the caffeine, too.

Preworkout:
25oz. Glucose-Electrolyte Solution (2 Parts Water, 1 Part Accelerade)
1 Serving Neurostim (got it free...will customize my own neurotransmitter formula in the future).
25mg Ephedrine HCl
200mg Caffeine
200mg Green Tea Extract
125mg Aspirin

I take eca stack and some water. Thats about it.

Madmick said:
I get the caffeine, too.

Preworkout:
25oz. Glucose-Electrolyte Solution (2 Parts Water, 1 Part Accelerade)
1 Serving Neurostim (got it free...will customize my own neurotransmitter formula in the future).
25mg Ephedrine HCl
200mg Caffeine
200mg Green Tea Extract
125mg Aspirin

ephedrine and caffine...are you on the verge of massive heart attack after every set?

No he isn't.

Madmick-
The ECA and Green tea...what form do you ingest?
Is that a over the counter combo, or do you take them all seperately in a capsule form, Im assuming.

How about the Neuro-Stim. I have about a 3 month supply left, I got alot of samples from my old job and I like it a whole bunch. I can't believe you can take it with the ECA...you must feel as if you have ADHD.
Tell me of your own Neuro formula...Im interested.

whey is the ECA stack a favorite, i have a friend who is looking for supplements to take, he has advanced creatine and thats all he is taking should he be taking something else with that, and also should he be cycling the creatine?

estrogen

lol kidding. a granola or protein bar most of the time.

Chad Hamilton said:
No he isn't.

Madmick-
The ECA and Green tea...what form do you ingest?
Is that a over the counter combo, or do you take them all seperately in a capsule form, Im assuming.

How about the Neuro-Stim. I have about a 3 month supply left, I got alot of samples from my old job and I like it a whole bunch. I can't believe you can take it with the ECA...you must feel as if you have ADHD.
Tell me of your own Neuro formula...Im interested.

Haha!!! Yeah, it's great! My instructor loves to tease me. He calls me the "white dude on crack" (most of the guys I train with in closed sessions are Mexicans with pro-boxing ambitions). More or less he's right. I take the Green Tea in capsule form. I take everything separately. Biotek is my ephedrine, right now. Actually, I also ingest synephrine HCL since I got a bunch of that free too in a combo deal from Bulk, but I didn't want to put it down since I didn't want guys here buying it just because it's on my list. I wouldn't have bought it if I'd had to pay for it.

And I do notice a difference with the Neurostim, especially before martial arts training (even more than lifting). I just feel more focused. It's a good formula, as far as I can tell, Chad, it only needs lecithin. So if you can stomach it with some Green Superfood, that works, too. I usually take my Phyto Foods 1 hr before workout, then the Accelerade + Neurostim on my drive over.

Also, I just noticed the Neurostim has 125mg of caffeine. So I've been getting 325mg. No wonder.

For my custom neurotransmitter formula, I'm thinking something like:
2g Lecithin (Egg-Based; minimum 500mg phosphatidylcholine)
200mg DMAE
3g GABA
500mg Tyrosine
500mg Phenylalanine

NO FATE said:
ephedrine and caffine...are you on the verge of massive heart attack after every set?

I'm on the verge of a massive orgasm from putting up so much weight.

Wow...3 grams of GABA 'eh. Thats enough to put me to sleep, however, maybe the rest of the formula could counter it? Im sure you've done the research. I'd take it.
The neurostim counters the mind numbing effects of pot early in the morning before work. Best when stacked with coffee.

Chad Hamilton said:
Wow...3 grams of GABA 'eh. Thats enough to put me to sleep, however, maybe the rest of the formula could counter it? Im sure you've done the research. I'd take it.
The neurostim counters the mind numbing effects of pot early in the morning before work. Best when stacked with coffee.

Yeah, the GABA, when taken in conjunction with the other agents, is a decent neurotransmitter. I started researching this stuff after Terumo posted on it.

Whey Protein (100%) w/tsp of concetrated Creatine about an hour or so before my work out.

Keeps me pumped up when I m lifting. Don't know wether or not it helps with muscle recovery at all because I m always lifting pretty heavy and near my max. So I m like always soar for a day or two after my work outs.

A friend of mine is taking Xpel (Muscle defining forumla) along with creatine as well and appparently his witnessing rapid weight changes. Should he stop taking the two at the same time or what?

Back