Your perfect world

I disagree. I believe forcing people to work in positions they don't want is detrimental to society.

I believe if everyone was educated, understood the importance of giving back, and could work in a field they are passionate about, that more people would enjoy working and that it could work.

Humans desire purpose

That isn't reality. You removed incentive. Everyone has shelter and food and money doesn't exist. Also, if every basic necessity is automatically provided for everyone, what would they be giving back? Everyone is already taken cared of.

This was not a well-thought out OP

Obviously I'm being facetious. People will evolve to eat algae off the surface of the water as they continue to shred.

So kinda like this

11brcl3.jpg

All voluntary interactions, and a beautiful, brilliant wife with great legs, in a solar-powered home on the beach.

That isn't reality. You removed incentive. Everyone has shelter and food and money doesn't exist. Also, if every basic necessity is automatically provided for everyone, what would they be giving back? Everyone is already taken cared of.

This was not a well-thought out OP

Are you saying you would not contribute if you were given everything i mentioned?

I would contribute because i would understand the only reason that world exists is because people are willing to help volunteer, and without that help this utopia ceases to exist.

I know millionaires and old people who don't have to work but do anyways because they enjoy it and their lives need purpose.

I think youd be surprised, especially when you're given free reign to pursue your passion. Everyone being educated would make a world of difference as well

Are you saying you would not contribute if you were given everything i mentioned?

I would contribute because i would understand the only reason that world exists is because people are willing to help volunteer, and without that help this utopia ceases to exist.

I know millionaires and old people who don't have to work but do anyways because they enjoy it and their lives need purpose.

I think youd be surprised, especially when you're given free reign to pursue your passion. Everyone being educated would make a world of difference as well

You don't understand "incentive." There would still be people who volunteer but not anywhere close to a majority. C'mon now.

Star Trek: The Next Generation without Klingons or Romulans.

Eating obese level calories without losing my gainz

I'd only ask that white folk continue to reproduce and teach their daughters to stay away from men like me so they end up rebelling by sucking my dick.

I'd only ask that white folk continue to reproduce and teach their daughters to stay away from men like me so they end up rebelling by sucking my dick.

Damn that was cold as fuck. Sounds like something Too Short would say.

Not now, or for awhile; humans have not evolved past looking for oneself/self-preservation and the furthering of their seed, so greed, power, lust, materialism, money will still exist.

Everything you listed is great but I suggest legalizing/subsidizing DMT, shrooms, LSD and/or mind-altering/enhancing drugs to maybe raise our plane of consciousness and transcend the current petty-ness otherwise it's just idealistic bullet points.

Plus maybe we can all acclimate ourselves to veganism.

Ultimately survival of the fittest and greed related natural instincts hard wired into our brains. I don't think we will ever transcend these without hundreds of years of selective breeding, or genetic modification of some kind.

These other things stood out as particularly horrible to me.

Animal sanctuaries have been created for lost or abandoned pets live comfortably and be provided with food and medical care. No animal is euthanized.

Sanctuaries for lost or abandoned pets are treating a symptom of a bigger problems which is humans think that animals are disposable toys. Make pets ownership a real responsibility and the problem would go away. You don't see lost or abandoned child shelters in every other town do you? Because once you have a kid, you have to care for it, and account for it's whereabouts for 18 years.

Harmful man made chemicals such as cigarettes are outlawed and no longer used.

Who decides what's harmful, and why can't we have the liberty to harm ourselves? Personal choice and informed decisions be damned. Liberty and freedom are just a burden anyway.

Most harmful chemicals that we've outlawed are still in heavy use. Meth, cocaine, heroin, and marijuana are all booming, people made and drank moonshine for decades after prohibition (even though better cheaper legal alternatives existed) until the govt. legalized "micro distilleries"a few years ago.

This would never work, and shouldn't in a utopia.

Humans have advanced in food production and can now grow perfectly safe and healthy meat. Humans no longer kill animals for food or sport.

Why is it immoral to kill an animal, but not immoral to kill meat grown in a lab? Is it not alive? Is it a mater of sentience? I don't think humans should be in the business of creating a less meaningful form of life so we can indulge ourselves without guilt. It seems kind of sick to me.

As a meat eater who doesn't hunt, I'm far more comfortable with the idea of humans the choose to eat meat having to hunt, having to take responsibility for their place in the food chain, and understanding what that means.

I'm glad I'm a spoiled modern asshole who doesn't have to do those things, because that would be unpleasant to me, but I'll take that over growing some golum out of beef DNA and carving it to pieces so I can feel morally superior about it. Jesus, that's a nightmare scenario to me.

All in all, you can't have a perfect world because no 2 people will ever see the same things as perfect. There are 40 posts already and no 2 people agree. How do you think 6 billion will do.

Back