Your opinions of the Gracie family - love or hate?

gotta love the gracie family. my support goes out to them, RIP Ryan!

Pure love!, each family member is unique and different but to reference the family name? Pure love.

I love the Gracies. Without them I'd be bored when I'm exercising. MMA wouldn't be here without them.

I have the utmost respect for the Gracies, especially Rickson. Granted, I think some of their comments are distasteful, arrogant, and offensive, but I respect them for what they've done to promote MMA and how they've gone about popularizing BJJ.
As for a previous comment sayings Rickson is a coward for not competing in BJJ anymore, I say that he has little left to prove. Some of the best MMA guys and grapplers in the world have attested to his brilliance on the mat and his uniqueness as a person. I like to believe much of his inactivity in competition stems from the passing of his eldest son, Rockson, and I can understand why he wouldn't. Lastly, I think he very much embodies what it means to be a traditional martial artists. He is one of those few people who has really dedicated himself to understanding his martial art and has truly become a master at it and, for that, I respect him more than just about anyone else.

I've never met them, but for the most part they seem like charming people and enthusiastic instructors.

Back