Your opinion on Chael beating Shogun

One of the most shocking results I can remember. I still cant quite comprehend how that happened/

Would you call it upset or Chael is a stylistic nightmare for Shogun?

One of the biggest upsets ever. I don't see it being any less of one as Forrest beating Shogun.

I

Shogun has not looked good since 2005 so who would have been shocked by that?

I was surprised by the stoppage but not by Chael winning. Chael was just about a year removed from successfully imposing his will againat Anderson Silva and Shogun was already starting to show signs that he wasn't the same man who won UFC gold a few years earlier. Plus Shogun took a lot of damage againat both Jones and Henderson.

I was shocked he submitted him. Not going to lie. Sonnen was known as being weak in the submission game and Rua had shown solid BJJ in the past. I would say it was a fairly large upset, especially because of how it went down, as others have said.

Would you call it upset or Chael is a stylistic nightmare for Shogun?

Awwwwwwww. .......... ....... Debatable but... .... ........ UPSET.
SHOGUN in his prime crushes, steroids or not for Chael, but even still. I always felt Chael is to small for 205. Really like him cuz he got balls n some skills, but with Shogun being old n timing and knees and all, Chael got lucky to have that win on his resume. But hopefully not too much contradiction, Chael has impressive wins, just at 185. not 205

I think Shogun wins that fight more than he loses it but Chael was TRT as fuck and shit happens. (Obviously still pissed that Chael beat my boy).

It was a bit of an upset in that Chael pretty much never used BJJ up until that point.

1.gif

09_Sonnen_Stann04.jpg

Back