Your opinion of the Genotype Diet.

Goat Meal

Shhh Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I bought the book and have loosely followed the diet for about a month. What do you guys know about it and what's the Sherdog consensus?

At first glance it looks "faddy", but I've heard good things aboot the "Eat for you Blood Type" which this is based off.

Then again, I've heard bad things about it too. One of these days I'll get around to reading it....

Looks like a diet, possibly with some merit, that is ruined by it's "aesthetic". By that, I mean it looks like it's designed to coddle, nurture, and hold your hand through the diet. That's the kind of bullshit you do with a child, not an ignorant adult.

However, the pop-up window of the chick poppin' a squat on a scale is hot. Below her is probably the most scientifically concrete and believable claim I've ever read:

"People who diet online achieve 80% more weight-loss success than people who diet alone in the first three months."

My god, I'm really beginning to hate the word "diet".

i have heard about stuff like this for a long time. I am not sure if it works or not. My massageist........massage lady......massage person.....whatever she always tries to get me to try it. STFU and work lady!!! sorry. Anyone have any good info?

From what I remember the eating for your blood type thing is not really a diet. Just a guideline of types of food to stay away from and those to get more of. I think based on mine (o-) i should stay away from dairy.....f that!

"Masseuse".

The word you're looking for is "Masseuse".

That book, in a nutshell, is about eating based on your carb tolerance, with a bunch of new age sugar coated crap all over it. Never read it, but that's my 2 cents from just looking at the website.

Hey Mike, I know you've been following the Hyperlipid blog recently. Have you experimented with eating that way at all? If you have I know we'd all be interested to hear what you have to say about it.

Okay, well I've read about 85% of the book. The gist is you eat superfoods and avoid others based on your genotype. You discover your genotype by answer a series of questions and taking some measurements.

The bottom line is, when you follow the diet you deactivate your bad genes and activate your good ones. By that, I don't mean you eat to activate your six pack abs gene, but you eat and avoid certain foods that in theory could perpetuate illnesses that your genotype are prone to.

I'm a Hunter, so I should eat lots of meat, but stay away from dairy and certain nuts and fruits.

I'm not sure of the science behind all of this.

Hey Mike, I know you've been following the Hyperlipid blog recently. Have you experimented with eating that way at all? If you have I know we'd all be interested to hear what you have to say about it.

I follow the blog based on interest; I eat a slightly modified Paleo diet.

It's bascially a high-fat Paleo; I include dairy, and I'm very liberal with my fats.

I'm a Hunter, so I should eat lots of meat, but stay away from dairy and certain nuts and fruits.

I've read both the Genotype diet and the Blood Type Diet and am a fan of both. They're both very interesting to read. I have an interest in genetics and a lot of it made sense to me. I'm Blood Type O and also a Hunter.....Meat, Eggs, Butter, Rice, Fruits, Vegetables, Nuts.

Back