Your music library is only what your folks love.

My dad pretty much listens to most of the stuff i listen apart some of the more heavier stuff (Death/Black Metal), he's largely responsible for my taste in music. So i wouldn't be really missing out on mmuch at times

Dad's album collection always seemed eclectic to me, but I get it now. Steve Miller, Chicago, GnR, Hall and Oates, Lither Vandross, and a bunch of country artists like Garth Brooks, Travis Tritt and stuff.

Mom surprises me at times, she likes the Stones, the Beatles, sings along to Led Zeppelin, Elton John, and freaking Katy Perry. She likes a lot of modern pop music and modern country that makes me gag, but being born in the mid 60sthe woman has rock and roll in her soul.
son?

You know, I have to admit... I kinda thought Primus or, at the very least, Jethro Tull would be up your alley.
I totally didn't mean that in relation to what you posted!
I love Tull, depending on the record.

My parents are crazy religious, so we have nothing in common when it comes to music. I like anything good, they like anything with the phrase "lift Jesus higher".

I totally didn't mean that in relation to what you posted!
I love Tull, depending on the record.

Ah, gotcha. Usually people who know who Joanna Newsom is start groaning. I often just don't mention her at this point.

Ah, gotcha. Usually people who know who Joanna Newsom is start groaning. I often just don't mention her at this point.
I honestly don't know why I put my thought together with your post.

I meant that sooner or later someone's gonna make us all feel pretty decent about what we'd end up listening to.

So where does that leave you?
I would do alright, my ma listened to Bob Dylan and the Beatles, tons of classical music, symphonies.
But she also listed to a lot of Barbara Streisand.

My dad, bless his heart, loves Neil Diamond and thinks that BTO's 'Taking Care of Business" is the ass- kickingest rock song ever.

My parents are crazy religious, so we have nothing in common when it comes to music. I like anything good, they like anything with the phrase "lift Jesus higher".
That's tragic.
I mean, there's plenty of great Jesus music, Dylan's Jesus stuff has great material for example.

moms playlist- motown,Disco,soul and r&b, Janet Jackson,Freddi Fender, Texas Torandos, Little Joe,

I'd be listening to 'Kung Fu Fighting' on repeat. Music would have to be a thing of the past for me.

My parents listen to horrible music Hell no.

My Mom:
The Guess Who
Motown
Connie Francis
Los Lonely Boys
Jim Croche
Pretty much anything else that is bubble gum from the 60's

My Dad:
Elvis
The Beatles
He used always watch the Laurence Welk show
Jethro Tull
John Mayhal
Dire Straits
Dave Clark 5
The Talking Heads
Janes Addiction
The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Sublime
(He has a pretty eclectic taste in music)

I would be so so. Beach Boys, Neil Diamond, Kenny Rogers, fleet wood Mac, Peter, Paul, and Mary, Rod Stewart....But also Eart Wind and Fire, The Stones, and Bowie.

Most of the classic rock music I listen to is cause of my mom like Led Zeppelin, Yes, and David Bowie.

Also dig me some Whigfield. My mum used to play the shit out of sexy eyes when I was a young lad.

I could manage...my mom loves Elvis and the Beatles while my dad loved The Rolling Stones, but it wouldn't be great.

My dad didn't care much about music outside of the Stones and Bob Dylan. My mom likes a lot of big band music and shit like Nat King Cole and Patsy Cline, which i don't have the highest threshold for. I would probably stick to her doo wop and 50s/60s pop.

Back