Your MT Rushmore of 80s/90s Heels (wrestlers only)

Your Mt Rushmore of 80s/90s Heels

• Randy Savage

• Ric Flair

• Rick Rude

• Million Dollar Man

• Roddy Piper

• The Iron Sheik

• Jerry Lawler

• Shawn Michaels

• King Kong Bundy

• The Undertaker

• Hollywood Hulk Hogan

• Terry Funk

• Jake The Snake Roberts

• Nikolai Volkoff

• Dory Funk

• Sgt Slaughter

• Harley Race

• Vader

• Curt Hennig

• The Fabulous Freebirds

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't really remember him being much of a heel. Even when he was the bad guy, it seemed like most people liked him.

+1

I don't think he was a "heel" for most of his run, but he debutted as one - partnering with Debiase and beating up on faces like Dusty Rhodes and Jimmy Snuka. But became more of a fan favorite after Paul Bearer "betrayed" him and hit him with his own urn.

Last edited:
What constitutes a heel is open for interpretation. Some of these guys may be considered tweeners(vs true heels). Also, some guys are great heels for only a year or two(e.g. Mach), and comparing them to guys who were lifelong good heels is almost apples and oranges.

That said, I went Piper, Jake, Hollywood Hogan, and Flair. Though there's probably about a dozen workers you could make a case for being on the list.

On a side note, I was hesitant to submit a list devoid of any monster heels. Vader doesn't quite belong. Taker was a good monster heel, but most of his legacy is born out of his work as a face. Andre, Sid, and Yoko should all be options if Vader is as well. Austin could arguable be on there as well(his heel work is what catapulted him to prominence IMO).

agreed. i need some voting criteria.

i could only eliminate like 3 guys from that list

Flair, Piper, and Savage were easy picks. The 4th spot I gave to Terry Funk, the almost went with Harley Race. Tough picks here.

Back