Your move, Korobov.

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've heard alot of good things about Korobov but he doesn't seem to be making too bold of steps at middleweight.
I've felt this way for awhile.
And now he's in a position where he's still fighting the Joshua Snyder's while fellow countryman, Dmitry Pirog, has leap-frogged Korobov.

I really hope for Korobov's next fight he's in there with someone who will really gage his worth. However, I'm getting tired of hearing how good he is only to see him taking these entirely too modest steps in his career.

Match him vs Lemieux and lets see which one is for real, okay realistically that won't happen early, I do want to see both men against the upper class of the division, its not like middleweight is that deep anyways

I've heard alot of good things about Korobov but he doesn't seem to be making too bold of steps at middleweight.
And now he's in a position where he's still fighting the Joshua Snyder's while fellow countryman, Dmitry Pirog, has leap-frogged Korobov.

I really hope for Korobov's next fight he's in there with someone who will really gage his worth. However, I'm getting tired of hearing how good he is only to see him taking these entirely too modest steps in his career.

I was at the Pavlik-Martinez fight and got to see Korobov vs. Snyder - to be perfectly honest, he doesn't have much of a gas tank and going above the level of a Snyder at this point would likely lead to bad results. He needs to develop a better gas tank and better defense.

Pirog vs Korobov would be fucking awesome... Pirog is def legit and Korobov is def an amazingly talented fighter...hope it happens. There's no hype involved here..both are the real deal.

From Doghouse boxing's Gabriel Montoya

I spoke with Korobov’s manager Cameron Dunkin and he told me that Matt has been suffering from a deviated septum for…get this…the last five years. No one could figure out what was wrong with him. Not his new trainer, Kenny Adams, who says he is making great progress in the Americanization of his style (read: adding some much-needed funk to his game), nor Dunkin.

Adams wondered if he was nervous and thus gassing out? “No,” said Korobov

It certainly wasn’t a training issue as Korobov eats well, sleeps like a champ, and works out like crazy. He lives an incredibly Spartan lifestyle, as it turns out

In his last fight, against Josh Snyder in April, Korobov went the distance and was pretty gassed out by the second. But as it turns out, both nasal passages are pretty damaged from a long amateur career. So he is to have corrective surgery; a simple procedure that should have him up and about in no time. He’ll need some three-to-five weeks recovery time, but will be able to keep conditioning and then sparring can begin shortly thereafter, provided all goes well. They hope to have him up and fighting by late-July

According to Dunkin and Adams, they are on course for a busy close to the year and should have Korobov well positioned to begin a serious run at things by the beginning of next year"

Korobov is back in training now and has a fight date of Sept 11 set.

He's had that problem for 5 years is unbelieveable. I guess 321 amateur fights (311-10) will do that to you.

Also Korobov has been pro for 1 1/2 years and has 11 fights. Pirog has been pro since 2005 with 17. Not sure what the criticism is for. I can't wait to see Matvey step it up a bit too and hopefully he will be able to fight more frequently now.

I was at the Pavlik-Martinez fight and got to see Korobov vs. Snyder - to be perfectly honest, he doesn't have much of a gas tank and going above the level of a Snyder at this point would likely lead to bad results. He needs to develop a better gas tank and better defense.

Above

That may or may not be the reason for his gassing, but I honestly can't see him being 'stepped up' and succeeding at this point - he needs to show that he actually does have a real gas tank and that it was a deviated septum that caused him to look like crap in the ring.

Just saw Korobov is fighting on the Garcia/Lopez undercard against Ossie Duran.

Korobov is one of the most disappointing prospects in recent history.

The more things change the more they remain the same.

Korobov is going to be fighting.............l.....................Grady Brewer.

Amazing.
I hope Korobov doesn't take himself seriously.

Back