Your most wanted sequel of the game that (probably) never gets released

Give the name of the game and the reason why you look forward.

My most wanted is Warcraft IV (RTS style), if it follows the same formula of WC3 where you had spells, items, heroes, world editor...damn...this can provide insane amount of gameplay value even if Blizzard charges $99 I will happily pay with closed eyes. I never really bought any super deluxe, collection game before so this would be the very first one.

Believe or not but WC3 after 16 years still going strong. How many great games were created between 2001-2017 and died and this one still going. If done right, WC4 could be another GOAT in RTS section.

Honorable mentions:

1. Half Life 3
2. A̶g̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶E̶m̶p̶i̶r̶e̶s̶ ̶4̶ (It's actually coming out)
3. Left 4 Dead 3
4. Borderlands 3
5. Dark Souls 4

Funny that games that most likely never see the light of the day are actually the ones I am looking forward to the most. Nothing in recent releases would give me as much joy as one of those games listed.
Sequel to the original Mass Effect Trilogy
Sequel to Witcher 3

Tie Fighter 2
Master of Magic
Master of Orion (whatever one is next)
SW the Force Unleashed 3

Hmm, there have been a lot of new sequel announcements in the past few years. I guess for games that are much less likely to get made:

Virtua Fighter 6
Deadly Premonition 2
Dark Dreams Don't Die Season 2
Live a Live 2
Final Fight 4
Eternal Darkness 2

Legend_of_Dragoon.jpg

Left 4 Dead 3
Borderlands 3
Global Agenda 2
Mortal Kombat 11
Payday 3 (2 has just been over developed and feels bloated at this point)

I wanna say Dungeon Keeper but War for the Overworld was actually pretty good and serves as a sequel.

According to Bioware, The Old Republic is KOTOR 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8!

<mma3>

A new manhunt game

That first one was so brutal and creepy. A video game snuff film and Brian Cox was amazing in that game. I'd buy a remake but I don't think a game like that would do well in this era of society and gaming.

A new Fallout written by Obisidian and not using Bethesda's shitty engine
Baldur's Gate III not made by Beamdog
Bully 2
Dragon's Dogma 2, not that Asia only, online only MMO bullshit
Mass Effect Andromeda 2 without EA forcing an action rpg game to use an fps only engine
Max Payne 4 but I'm pretty happy with the ending for 3

Left 4 Dead 3
Borderlands 3
Global Agenda 2
Mortal Kombat 11
Payday 3 (2 has just been over developed and feels bloated at this point)

I wanna say Dungeon Keeper but War for the Overworld was actually pretty good and serves as a sequel.
Sorry I just noticed you asked for games that will never release. I'm pretty confident these three will release at some point.

Borderlands 3
Mortal Kombat 11
Payday 3

Been hoping for a new Katamari Damacy game for what seems like ages now.

Skies of Arcadia.

Dark Souls 4 please. I would like a good boxing game too.

Skies of Arcadia.
Bam. I played the hell out of the Gamecube edition, with some smoother graphics and a little more tactical combat it would be fresh as hell. I must have killed that Black Looper a hundred times.

For me, Level-5 has been cockteasing a Dark Cloud 3 for years. DC 1 was a classic for it's time, and DC 2 might be my favorite single player game ever. I've seen enough hot air in the past decade to not believe it until I see it.

Commander Keen could use a reboot.

Sequel to Call Of Duty WW2

Chrono Trigger/cross sequel.

Legend of Dragoon

Xenogears

And just for me, a new Shadow Hearts game

Back